The Halo 4 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
    Bloom is the expanding of the reticule when you fire weapons. For example, pick up the DMR. As you fire it, the reticule keeps expanding the faster you fire. This means that the faster you fire, the more inaccurate it is.
    The point of that is to give the illusion of recoil.

The faster and longer you fire, the more recoil you get, in which makes the shots inaccurate.

It's in all shooters for the most part.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

This threads gotta get going!

How would you guys rank the Halo games? And where do you think Halo 4 will rank? I know, its a long way off, but we can speculate.

Id say

1. Halo 2 - To me, this is the best Halo. I mean, who expected to see a different side of the Coveys and play as the Arbiter? I thought it was an awesome twist, that in hindsight, made for a great story. And my favorite multiplayer memories are from Halo 2, defintely had the best maps.

2. Halo - The game that put the Xbox on the map and started it all. Hindsight is everything, and those repetative levels have gotten quite annoying. Still a classic.

3. Halo Reach - Good story, good graphics, improved gameplay and movements. Overall its a pretty good package.

4. Halo 3 - I have some good memories from Halo 3. MP maps and gameplay was pretty good. I thought the story couldve been a little more "epic", considering it was the last of the trilogy. Oh, and this had what might be the worst level in game history, Cortana!

5. ODST - I actually thought the mood and environment were pretty darn good in this. However, the campaign was short and the mp was Halo 3s mp.

6. Halo Wars - Admittedly, I only played the demo. It was actually pretty fun, considering it was a console rts.

Annnnnnd I think Halo 4 will be near the top. I have high hopes for this one.
      sigpic

Comment

This is how I would rank 'em:

1. Halo CE
        2. Halo Reach
        3. Halo 3
        4. Halo 2
        5. Halo Wars
        6. Halo ODST

I'm expecting Halo 4 to be better than 3 by far. Reach? Don't know, but as of now nothing has topped Halo CE IMO.

Comment

CE
          Reach
          ODST
          Wars

I didn't really like reach much

Comment

1. Halo CE- To me it was best but not by much. Everything about was great.
            2. Halo 2- Probably the most action backed Halo IMO. Really close to CE for being the best.
            3.Halo 3- Great story, great muliplayer, great weapons. H3 to me had the best mulitiplayer.
            4. Halo Reach- Great story, but what made it fall out for me was the perks in mulitiplayer.
            5. Halo ODST- IMO the most underrated Halo.
            6. Halo Wars- didn't play.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

1 Halo CE - It's where it all started. This game was and is fantastic.

2 Halo 2 - The MP on this game changed everything. It was so pure and one person could take over a game. The story wasn't bad either.

3 Halo 3 - The most well rounded game I ever played. Great story and MP. It could have ended with Halo 3, but they left the door open for Halo 4.

4 Halo Reach - Not a big fan of the perks, but the story was amazing.

5 Halo Wars - Fun RTS game, but not enough people play it. The story was good, but I'm not sure why they left it open for a second.

6 Halo ODST - The gameplay wasn't bad, but they hyped it up to be a brand new game while I felt it could have been DLC for Halo 3. With no real MP it has to come in last place for me.
              Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

I wouldn't say Halo CE was the best one, it's awesome but it's way too arcadey for my taste, especially multiplayer (artillery grenades, pistol, etc.). I think Reach is the best one. More emotionally-involved story, realism, cinematic, etc.

My 2nd would be Halo 2 just for David Cross Also how impressive it was for being on the OG xbox.

Comment

I didn't explain my list because I was in a hurry. But I say Halo CE is the best for a number of reasons.

It probably has the best maps out of any FPS ever made. Nothing is as fun as TDM Blood Gulch. Everything was balanced. Hit detection, spreaded weapons, vehicles, etc. were equal. And it had basically all the good weapons with no unfair perks. Halo 2 was probably the worst in regard to the weapons.

Halo Reach I think had the best story, climax, and MP modes, but the maps aren't that good, and the perks are a bit too adequate.

Halo 3 had a good story and the MP was fun. I would say it was the best looking Halo as well. Not graphically, but I liked the atmosphere of the game. Not as much as Reach though.

Halo Wars wasn't anything special compared to most RTS' on PC, but it at least had a strategic element and fun factor to it.

Halo ODST was DLC with a $60 price-tag. It also didn't try anything new. Easily the worst Halo game IMO.
                  Last edited by Amari24; 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                    I wouldn't say Halo CE was the best one, it's awesome but it's way too arcadey for my taste, especially multiplayer (artillery grenades, pistol, etc.). I think Reach is the best one. More emotionally-involved story, realism, cinematic, etc.

My 2nd would be Halo 2 just for David Cross Also how impressive it was for being on the OG xbox.
                    That made me laugh.

Reach was the best story in my opinion, but I agree with Amari, the maps aren't anything special. And the maps that are worth playing are just remakes of original Halo maps.
                    Adopter - theMileHighGuy

Adopted Bronco - Matt Prater

sigpic

Shout outs to BroncoSexyDaddy, theMileHighGuy and sbxxxiichamps!

Comment

My favorite would be Halo 3 simply for the memories. My friends and I had some epic forges which were just so much fun! And nothing beat Jenga-ooga on Jenga tower!!! loved the custom games.

My second favorite would probably Halo CE for nostalgia sake.

3rd is Halo 2 simply because its next in line.

The only Halo Spin-off I've played is Halo ODST which didn't impress me in anyway so I'll have to put it in last.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

i definitely had the most fun playing Halo, and Halo 3 with my buds, so much fun
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

I tried halo 3 mp the other night and there was like 40 people online lol. Wow that's dropped off big time
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            I tried halo 3 mp the other night and there was like 40 people online lol. Wow that's dropped off big time
                            Pause, screw this thread what the hell happen to the beautiful blue Mustang avatar? This is blasphemy.

Okay back to Halo.

Well it is like 4-5yrs old, plus there is 2 other Halo games out to play, adding that to the fact no one plays Halo much anymore. Everyone plays that Call of Duty game.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Haha I tried to make another one but it kept uploading really small and it was starting to piss me off.

Yeah but even the last few months of Halo 2 were kinda busy.

Reach has a lot of people still...I just don't have the same memories with that though.
                              sigpic

Comment

In my opinion, Halo is one of the most overrated first person shooters of all-time. I'm not saying the game is garbage but it gets way too much credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X