Final Fantasy XIII-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XIII-2

Anyone else getting this? I know the reviews were bad for XIII but personally I loved it and this one looks like they fixed a lot of the issues that people didn't like about XIII. I can't wait for it.
    sigpic

I tought it was too much of a straight line for me. I am used and liked the old FF where you could dump the main quest and do the sides ones (like the wepons/chocobos in FF7)
    :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
      I tought it was too much of a straight line for me. I am used and liked the old FF where you could dump the main quest and do the sides ones (like the wepons/chocobos in FF7)
      Well from what I've read and videos I've seen I understand that this is an option that is coming back. The maps are supposed to be open again with the user having the abilitiy to explore. Also supposed to have the ability to change and customize the characters roles.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Well from what I've read and videos I've seen I understand that this is an option that is coming back. The maps are supposed to be open again with the user having the abilitiy to explore. Also supposed to have the ability to change and customize the characters roles.
        Now were talking ! hopefully they'll make many side quests for more items and stuff !

I'll keep an eye out for it !
        :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
          Now were talking ! hopefully they'll make many side quests for more items and stuff !

I'll keep an eye out for it !
          It releases next Tuesday.
          sigpic

Comment

Just picked this up. Seems good so far but it keeps freezing on me. Not sure if it's the game or my 360 starting to wear down. It has started to get old and decrepit in the past year. I may cry if it crashes on me.
            sigpic

Comment

Just picked this up. Seems good so far but it keeps freezing on me. Not sure if it's the game or my 360 starting to wear down. It has started to get old and decrepit in the past year. I may cry if it crashes on me.
              Try installing it to your HDD. That's also the first thing I do when I get a new game for my 360.

Comment

Good idea. Hadn't thought about that. It's also nowhere near as big as the first version so it won't take up too much hard drive space. I only have a 12 GB. Bought it in 06.
                sigpic

Comment

By the way they brought back the Chocobos and the Chocobo races.
                  sigpic

Comment

By the way they brought back the Chocobos and the Chocobo races.
                    That's awesome! I was thinking this was gonna be another dumb eye-candy game like FFX-2, but it's looking like a great game.

PS, Congrats on having probably the only first production run 360 that still works :clap: Keep it in an open space and well ventilated and you should be ok.

Comment

havent played a final fantasy game since X dont think ill pick this one up but let me know how it is

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        Try installing it to your HDD. That's also the first thing I do when I get a new game for my 360.
                        Nope didn't work. Thought it did but after an hour it froze again. I think my 360 is near the end of its life. Sucks because I don't want to buy a new one if the 720's come out in a year or so.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope didn't work. Thought it did but after an hour it froze again. I think my 360 is near the end of its life. Sucks because I don't want to buy a new one if the 720's come out in a year or so.
                          I'm still using my 360 Pro. I've had it for three years but it has been acting funny over the last year. Mine doesn't freeze during games. It simply takes like 10 seconds to power off after I've initially pressed the off button. Sometimes, when I'm using my charging cable and I attempt to turn it off; I can still hear the system running even though it's powered off. I end up having to keep pressing the button until it actually turns off to where the system is no longer running.

But all of my games work for the most part. Now occasionally; I do run into a problem when a game freezes or glitches and I try to restart it by going to the dashboard and my 360 suddenly crashes, forcing me to power it off.

Hopefully I don't run into the same problem as you, with ME3 only a month away.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            I'm still using my 360 Pro. I've had it for three years but it has been acting funny over the last year. Mine doesn't freeze during games. It simply takes like 10 seconds to power off after I've initially pressed the off button. Sometimes, when I'm using my charging cable and I attempt to turn it off; I can still hear the system running even though it's powered off. I end up having to keep pressing the button until it actually turns off to where the system is no longer running.

But all of my games work for the most part. Now occasionally; I do run into a problem when a game freezes or glitches and I try to restart it by going to the dashboard and my 360 suddenly crashes, forcing me to power it off.

Hopefully I don't run into the same problem as you, with ME3 only a month away.
                            That all is actually the exact same issues that I've been having for the past year. Sometimes after I power it off it still makes the noise and the little green light will flash sporadically. And like you I have to hit the button 1 or 2 more times for it to completely shut off.

Most of my games work just fine. NCAA football rarely freezes. It's possible that it's a glitch with this game that needs to wait on a patch. However I'm really thinking it's leaning more towards my 360 getting old.

Sometimes on Skyrim the game won't load. However someone suggested deleting all but the last couple of saves. That seemed to really help with the load times.

I think it may also have something to do with the 12 GB hard drive. I'm down to less than 1 GB of free space after installing the game. I had to delete a downloaded game just to get enough space to install it. I really don't want to delete anything else though just to make this game work.

I also don't want to spit out a chunk of change for a 250 GB hard drive if a new system is coming out soon. E3 can't get here soon enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X