Comic book movies return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic book movies return

Watchmen is coming out with a Prequel and Marvel is starting up X-Men First Class 2.

Also The Green Arrow will be getting a TV:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/02...ly-wood-020212

Thoughts on this?
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Watchmen is coming out with a Prequel and Marvel is starting up X-Men First Class 2.

Also The Green Arrow will be getting a TV:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/02...ly-wood-020212

Thoughts on this?
    Can't view IGN from work so will check when I get home but I'd love it if they made a Green Arrow show using the Green Arrow actor from Smallville and tied it into that.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I actually really liked smallville in the final 3 seasons (first 7 were too repeatitive and somewhat lame but it ended strong)
    sigpic

Comment

I was a huge fan of the watchmen so a prequel sounds awesome to me.

on the subject of comic book movies I am really looking forward to the deadpool movie...

Comment

From what I heard the original creator of the watchmen thinks it's gonna suck. For my part I toight the first movie was soso (but hey thats just me ! lol)

Now the X men 1 class (2) would be nice but I rather have the following epidoe of the X-men after Xavier was 'killed' by the phoenix. That movie would put a stamp on cross overs (just like the up coming avengers).

A deadpool movie ? never heard of it but it be cool.
        :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Can't view IGN from work so will check when I get home but I'd love it if they made a Green Arrow show using the Green Arrow actor from Smallville and tied it into that.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I actually really liked smallville in the final 3 seasons (first 7 were too repeatitive and somewhat lame but it ended strong)
          Yeah huge fan of smallville just disappointed I missed the 7th season, I plan on it hopefully getting a chance to watch it someday. But if they used the same character from smallville to play the green arrow I think it would do well.

Actually I would love to see more superhero TV shows, because than they can be more like comics and each episode can be like a comic. And have the movies be like big parts that would be like several comics long, and just use that to make the movies. I think that would be awesome but that is just me

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
            From what I heard the original creator of the watchmen thinks it's gonna suck. For my part I toight the first movie was soso (but hey thats just me ! lol)

Now the X men 1 class (2) would be nice but I rather have the following epidoe of the X-men after Xavier was 'killed' by the phoenix. That movie would put a stamp on cross overs (just like the up coming avengers).

A deadpool movie ? never heard of it but it be cool.
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/

Ryan Reynolds is playing deadpool :thumb:

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Actually I would love to see more superhero TV shows, because than they can be more like comics and each episode can be like a comic. And have the movies be like big parts that would be like several comics long, and just use that to make the movies. I think that would be awesome but that is just me

I second this.

Comment

I can see it form here. 'The Punisher' tv series !

A dark ex marine is out to get revenge on the ones that killed his family. Unitl he does....all hell is breaking loose !
              :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
              -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/

Ryan Reynolds is playing deadpool :thumb:

I second this.
                Yeah I think Ryan playing deadpool is a perfect casting for him, just hopefully they try to eliminate that abomination that they created in Orgins. Seeing them do that to him made me

Also with the TV show instead they could use that to show the development of their powers so we don't have a movie that is the main part of it for the whole thing, and then have a reboot of it like 7 years later (looking at you Spiderman)

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Green Arrow is cool. Pretty underrated IMO. I would love to see a TV show with him.

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    Yeah I think Ryan playing deadpool is a perfect casting for him, just hopefully they try to eliminate that abomination that they created in Orgins. Seeing them do that to him made me

Also with the TV show instead they could use that to show the development of their powers so we don't have a movie that is the main part of it for the whole thing, and then have a reboot of it like 7 years later (looking at you Spiderman)
                    Yeah, I though he was a great casting for the movie, the script to the film actually leaked on the internet if you wanted to google it you can read it.

and don't even get me started on spiderman... abomination!

Comment

The Watchmen prequel story is about comic books they're going to come out with, not movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                        The Watchmen prequel story is about comic books they're going to come out with, not movies.
                        well that is disappointing! haha

Comment

anybody hear about the Hulk tv show?

Comment

hulk tv show ? no sir

Comment

Watchmen is just Watchmen.

Ther is no prequel. Any attempt at a prequel is a money grab. I love the book and love the movie.

A prequel is not needed. The story has been told. It is done. Alan Moore and David Gibbons created an amazing story. But the story is done... there is no more to tell.

I am excited about the upcoming Sin City 2 which will apparently be "A Dame to Kill For" and a new story by Frank Miller. That excites me - not a "Watchmen" prequel.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X