Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vita

So the Vita is coming out next week...who is getting one?

I have uncharted,gravity,blazblue,and little deviants on my radar. Also escape plan or the great escape. I think it will be a new revolution as far as handhelds. 3ds will be in trouble I think.
    :go:

I already have my 3G bundle pre-ordered off Amazon. For $300 you get an 8GB card, 1-month free 3G, and a free game.

I'm getting Rayman Origins and Escape Plan to start off with. I also picked up a crystal clear protective case and I'll be buying the official Vita headphones as well. If you get it from Amazon they also throw in a free screen protector w/ a cleaner.
    Last edited by Amari24; 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I have Uncharted already, too bad I can't play it lol. Getting my Vita on the 22nd. Didn't bother to get the first edition bundle since AT&T isn't in my town, why spend the extra 50 bucks for the 3g model.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Just a heads up: GameStop is currently doing a 'buy two get one free' deal. Target will be doing their own next week, and I'm expecting Amazon to jump in as well.

You don't get much of a selection with GameStop, though. Only about 5-6 games. I'd wait for Target because you'll likely get a much bigger selection of games.

Can't wait! Only four more days for me.

Comment

Picked mine up today. Only have Uncharted right now but the game is awesome so far, great graphics. Just have to get used to using smaller analog sticks. Turned off a lot of the motion stuff because it was messing up my aim but so far great game. Got F1 2011 coming too.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Ha the only problem for me is that I'm used to being able to use R3 and L3 (pressing the analogs down). Slick system as far as design goes. Actually, I'd say it's the best looking portable device currently out. I really hope this thing is successful for Sony.

Comment

I'm assuming the games for this are still "smaller" like the PSP games? Not like the full blown versions?

A lot of people have smart phones (even a lot of 4g now) and also tablets, I just don't see it hitting a wide market.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                I'm assuming the games for this are still "smaller" like the PSP games? Not like the full blown versions?

A lot of people have smart phones (even a lot of 4g now) and also tablets, I just don't see it hitting a wide market.
                The launch games aren't really representative of what the games will truly offer. Currently, the games are what you'd expect from early PS3 games. Uncharted on the Vita looks as good as Uncharted 1 on the PS3 for instance. Games like Rayman, FIFA, and UMvC3 play almost EXACTLY as they do on consoles.

With the PSP it wasn't the same thing because most of the games were virtually PS2 ports with Dreamcast visuals.

I also don't think smart phones will have that big of an effect on the 3DS and Vita. If they were to move past simplistic games like Angry Birds, then maybe. But games like you see on Vita would be too expensive to market on app stores. No developer would risk it.

Comment

As long as it doesn't pull a Nintendo and decide to screw their customers.

I was curious, will this game have any of the Final Fantasy stuff on it? I might buy it for that reason alone. I have yet to try Sony Products although I here they are of superb quality.
                  sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                    As long as it doesn't pull a Nintendo and decide to screw their customers.

I was curious, will this game have any of the Final Fantasy stuff on it? I might buy it for that reason alone. I have yet to try Sony Products although I here they are of superb quality.
                    Sony confirmed a day or two ago that they have no plans on a Vita price drop. And yes, Final Fantasy X HD is heading to the Vita as well as the PS3. And of course you'll have access to the PS1 and PSP Final Fantasies via PSN.

FFX HD will easily boost Vita sales in Japan.

Comment

Man I love FF 1-7 and tactics.

8 was meh, 9 was god awful. FFCC was like play gauntlet legends it offered nothing new.

FF tactics advance was ok, 10 redeemed it self a wee bit.

FF series is not as good as it use to be.
                      sigpic

Comment

If you don't own Uncharted yet, get out there and get it, its amazing!
                        sigpic

Comment

ff9 was awesome....8 was the god awful one except for the music. ff8 had the best music. I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters except for maybe eiko but vivi was cool and zidane was funny. fav though is ff4 then 7 and then 10 12 was good also mainly because I liked the hunts for the marks. Anyways vita is a great handheld so far.

I also found out disgea 3 is coming out on it so have to add another game to the list and gravity still hasn't released yet so vita has some upside. I just hope tales of innocence releases on it.
                          :go:

Comment

I wasn't able to get Rayman and Escape Plan as I had hoped. Amazon was sold out of Rayman and they weren't yet selling Escape Plan. I ended up getting Shinobido 2; and since I got the 3G model, I get Stardust next month for free. Next game I'll get will be either Unit 13 or Rayman.

Comment

Working...
                            X