Video Game Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Opinions Needed

ok so i found a few good deals on some used video games. Looking at Dues Ex HR, LA Noire, and Dragon Age 2

can you guys give some opinions, if i buy used do i need an "online pass" (EA BS) to enjoy any of them?

are they worth 12, 8, 12 dollars respectively?

let me get some opinions please
    sigpic
    -------

$8 for LA Noise?? I might have to pick that one up!

Where?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      ok so i found a few good deals on some used video games. Looking at Dues Ex HR, LA Noire, and Dragon Age 2

can you guys give some opinions, if i buy used do i need an "online pass" (EA BS) to enjoy any of them?

Well they are all singleplayer games so you dont really need the online pass except for dlc
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
        Well they are all singleplayer games so you dont really need the online pass except for dlc
        ya i know but Dragon Age is EA and they had the stupid "Cerberus Network" with ME2

im just a little leary i guess, i dont want to buy a game that i cant fully enjoy without dropping another 5-10 bucks
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          $8 for LA Noise?? I might have to pick that one up!

Where?
          gamefly

10 characters

and i just noticed gamefly games come with all original packaging so DLC will be included and unused supposedly
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

Can't beat La Noire for $8, I don't think it needs an online pass the only one that might is DA2 and you'd only need the online portion if you want to download and play the DLC.

I've never played Deus Ex however my brother says it's the best game series he's ever played? I personally couldn't tell you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Can't beat La Noire for $8, I don't think it needs an online pass the only one that might is DA2 and you'd only need the online portion if you want to download and play the DLC.

I've never played Deus Ex however my brother says it's the best game series he's ever played? I personally couldn't tell you.
              cool thanks, i just bought Dues EX and LA Noire

22 bucks total shipped

plus if i dont like them amazon is giving 10 for dues ex and 8 for noire

lol basically nothing, though i have WAYYYYY too many games to play right now and no time

just started mass effect 1 then 2 then 3 when it comes out

just got battlefield 3, batman AC, skyrim, and now these 2
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

LA Noire looks very promising for 8 bucks. I was really interested in it when it first came out but didn't want to dish out that much money for a game I'll probably only play through once.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                  LA Noire looks very promising for 8 bucks. I was really interested in it when it first came out but didn't want to dish out that much money for a game I'll probably only play through once.
                  It's ok but it gets boring quite fast. For 8 dollars though it's deff worth it.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    It's ok but it gets boring quite fast. For 8 dollars though it's deff worth it.
                    thats what i figured, I tend not to play through games twice all too often

ME and Deadspace are the only ones
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

LA Noire is good, even if only for the novelty factor. The technology and gameplay in that game really are worth experiencing, because they're so unique. Your first few hours with the game are basically spent in "how did they DO this?" mode. The game is a bit slow at times and isn't for everybody, but I'd say it's definitely worth $8.

Dragon Age 2 is pretty bad and has been universally panned in reviews; I'd skip it.

I'm not really familiar with Deus Ex myself, but it seemed to get pretty decent reviews, so it might be worth the cost as well.

Comment

I would pass on Dragon Age 2. It was probably the biggest disappointment of a sequel this gen. Though, if you want to play it, don't let me stop you. But for $12 there's probably other stuff that's higher quality that you'd find interesting.

LA Noire is enjoyable if you like Rockstar games. I'm kinda worn out on Rockstar, so it wasn't my type of game. Deus Ex is an ideal pickup if you like action-packed RPGs. With that said, I wouldn't rely on the shooting aspect too much. It just doesn't work as good as it does in a game such as Mass Effect.

Comment

Dragon Age 2 is awful, don't buy it.

LA Noire is easily worth it, I paid 60 for it and am glad I did.

Deus Ex is also worth it IMO, but it's only for certain kinds of people. You may not like it, it's closer to RPG than FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            Dragon Age 2 is awful, don't buy it.

LA Noire is easily worth it, I paid 60 for it and am glad I did.

Deus Ex is also worth it IMO, but it's only for certain kinds of people. You may not like it, it's closer to RPG than FPS.
                            looks like i made the right choices haha

ive been digging RPGs lately so I think ill like dues ex
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Working...
                            X