Halo 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 4

Still no release date announced, but there is expected to be one by E3 or during E3.

I can't wait for this game, I'm interesting in knowing what exactly will be happening in the game. I have a idea that it will still be about the Flood mostly, the Covenant is a ally, and maybe the Brutes will play a small role.

People are writing Halo off, Halo was my first shooter and it's my favorite shooter of all time. I think it's the best shooter. Very few shooters can put a great story out, a story that is lengthy, and have a great multiplayer.

The only shooter worth mentioning is Crysis, Crysis is a shooter with a long story that's pretty good, the multiplayer is questionable.

Anyways IGN has a first look of the makings of Halo 4:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219975p1.html
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Still no release date announced, but there is expected to be one by E3 or during E3.

I can't wait for this game, I'm interesting in knowing what exactly will be happening in the game. I have a idea that it will still be about the Flood mostly, the Covenant is a ally, and maybe the Brutes will play a small role.

People are writing Halo off, Halo was my first shooter and it's my favorite shooter of all time. I think it's the best shooter. Very few shooters can put a great story out, a story that is lengthy, and have a great multiplayer.

The only shooter worth mentioning is Crysis, Crysis is a shooter with a long story that's pretty good, the multiplayer is questionable.

Anyways IGN has a first look of the makings of Halo 4:
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219975p1.html
    Every halo news makes me sad i have a ps3, i played the first and second one on pc and reach on my brother's xbox and read the books lol

I saw the vid its looks great but didnt they put a release date at the end ?
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
      Every halo news makes me sad i have a ps3, i played the first and second one on pc and reach on my brother's xbox and read the books lol

I saw the vid its looks great but didnt they put a release date at the end ?
      I didn't watch the whole video. I watched have of it, then it froze.

IGN has it coming out quarter 4, which means either November or December.

A lot of PS3 gamers say that. It's never to late to get a 360, even though in 2yrs the nextbox will be out.

Halo is the best xbox game, Halo is xbox. When you think xbox rather original or 360, you think Halo.

There has only been one game to rival Halo as the best xbox game of all time, in that's Mass Effect. Which has one Best 360 game every year a Mass Effect game comes out. It won it in 07 and in 10.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Agreed on the above. Crysis has a great storyline and campaign but the MP is laughable. Killzone is the opposite. Great online but the storyline is dull and the campaign isn't that special.

I think Halo is currently the only FPS that offers a good storyline and multiplayer. My guess for Halo 4 is that the Covenant will have nothing to do with the existing conflict. But I can't wait to find out. I'm hoping Chief is eventually paired with some type of partner ala the Arbiter in Halo 3.

Just don't do the overused 'foe first, friend later' backstory.

Comment

I didn't watch the whole video. I watched have of it, then it froze.

IGN has it coming out quarter 4, which means either November or December.

A lot of PS3 gamers say that. It's never to late to get a 360, even though in 2yrs the nextbox will be out.

Halo is the best xbox game, Halo is xbox. When you think xbox rather original or 360, you think Halo.

There has only been one game to rival Halo as the best xbox game of all time, in that's Mass Effect. Which has one Best 360 game every year a Mass Effect game comes out. It won it in 07 and in 10.
          Ah yeh it said holyday's 2012 for the moment i will rent the games and play on my brother xbox.

But you are right i haven't seen a shooter that was multiplayer and single player as good as halo altought i disagree with amari i think killzone has both great mp ans sp but not as good as halo,it's probably the closest in ps3 exclusive shooters
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Not only does it have a great story, it ha replay ability. Which is key to me in a game if I'm spending $60 on it.

Don't wanna spend 60 on a game that will only be playable for a few months or a single player that I'll beat the never play again.

343/Bungie gives you your moneys worth.

I look at them as a shooter version of Bioware. Just like Bioware they don't cheat you out of your money.

I had a conversation with one of my friends, whom is a Battlefield player. We was debating vehicles in games along with weapons.

Halo is the only shooter that has never had weapon nerfs or buff, never had people crying about a gun being overpowered.

The vehicles in the game don't take over. Unlike BF3 and all Call Of Duty games it didn't cater to bad players.

343/Bungie to me is the best FPS developer. In to be honest after that there is a large drop off of what developer comes 2nd. Hell I'd even give it to Crytek is they can mange to pull the multiplayer of Crysis up without hurting the single player.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Halo is the only shooter that has... never had people crying about a gun being overpowered.
              Erm... CE Pistol much?

The vehicles in the game don't take over.
              Erm... Tanks on Blood Gulch (Reach ed.) much?
              sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                Erm... CE Pistol much?

Erm... Tanks on Blood Gulch (Reach ed.) much?
                If the pistol gave you problems, maybe it's not the pistol that needs fixing.

The tanks are easy to take out, esp in Reach.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Dude... The pistol in Combat Evolved is one of the most historically OP weapons in (modern) video games. Halo: CE was Halo: Pistol. It didn't give me "problems", it was just the best gun in the game. A sidearm. Was the best gun in the game. Don't even bother trying to spin that one on me!

I'm not ragging on Halo. I love the series. More so than any of my friends, sadly. But to say it hasn't had it's moments and is far and away the torchbearer of all things great and good in video games is far, far off the mark. That being said Bungie have got a lot less wrong than other video game developers. I hope 343 can do H4 justice.
                  sigpic
                  - ★ -

Comment

Right now, I'd say:

1. id - Dating back to games like DOOM and Wolfenstein -- they created the FPS genre. DOOM 4 is their next big project.

2. 343/Bungie - Revolutionized the FPS genre with Halo CE.

3. Crytek - Did the unthinkable with Crysis 1 on a technical level, and mixture of open world freedom. Crysis 3 will be interesting.

4. Guerrilla - Introduced a unique MP system for Killzone 2 with intersecting objectives all in a single game. And also cutscenes during KZ3 MP.

Comment

Dude... The pistol in Combat Evolved is one of the most historically OP weapons in (modern) video games. Halo: CE was Halo: Pistol. It didn't give me "problems", it was just the best gun in the game. A sidearm. Was the best gun in the game. Don't even bother trying to spin that one on me!

I'm not ragging on Halo. I love the series. More so than any of my friends, sadly. But to say it hasn't had it's moments and is far and away the torchbearer of all things great and good in video games is far, far off the mark. That being said Bungie have got a lot less wrong than other video game developers. I hope 343 can do H4 justice.
                      I'm saying the pistol wasn't game breaking. It didn't cause people to not play the game like games do today.

There was no out cries for the CE pistol, it wasn't used much online.
                      Games like Battlefield and Call Of Duty are riddled with broken guns.

You can't go a day playing online without people complaining about the Famas, frag rounds, UMP, vehicles,etc.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Oh yeah, and 343 technically still IS Bungie. 343 is comprised of several Bungie vets who know the franchise inside out. I wouldn't worry much about the quality. However, the Bungie logo after the boot-up screen will be greatly missed.

Comment

The Halo: CE pistol was probably not used much online because Halo: CE was released before Xbox LIVE existed.

I'm not debating that the Halo franchise has done a lot better with it's online multiplayer than games like Call of Duty and Battlefield in regards to keeping it balanced and working. That was never my intention. I was just poking fun at what seemed to be a rather obvious oversight when you mentioned Halo having no OP weapons (the CE pistol being the posterboy for an OP weapon) and no problem with vehicles (the tanks on Blood Gulch were game-ending if someone half-decent got in one and blew the other up).
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            Oh yeah, and 343 technically still IS Bungie. 343 is comprised of several Bungie vets who know the franchise inside out. I wouldn't worry much about the quality. However, the Bungie logo after the boot-up screen will be greatly missed.
                            It really won't be the same without that logo.

:[

The videos I saw earlier today looked very promising though.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -

Comment

The Halo: CE pistol was probably not used much online because Halo: CE was released before Xbox LIVE existed.

I'm not debating that the Halo franchise has done a lot better with it's online multiplayer than games like Call of Duty and Battlefield in regards to keeping it balanced and working. That was never my intention. I was just poking fun at what seemed to be a rather obvious oversight when you mentioned Halo having no OP weapons (the CE pistol being the posterboy for an OP weapon) and no problem with vehicles (the tanks on Blood Gulch were game-ending if someone half-decent got in one and blew the other up).
                              Actually you can play Halo online for PC, in which I was referring to for online game play.

It doesn't matter who in a tank, the energy pistol emp's any and all pistols. It's understandable in CE, but in Reach you can emp the tank then jump on it or use the rocket launcher.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X