any musicians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any musicians?

i just wanted to know if anyone on these boards are musicians (of any type)
    i play the Bari Saxophone, are there any other sax players?

i play tuba man. Gotta feel the bass line!
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
      i play tuba man. Gotta feel the bass line!
      I've been playin a 5-string bass for a few years now, been in and out of a few bands. Gotta love bass (Viva la Geddy).

Comment

8 year Trumpeteer, here.

Egomaniacs, UNITE!
        sigpic

Comment

I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I played Alto Sax since I was 8 until I was 15. Fell out with my teacher, don't play much any more. Now I play bass...mostly rock stuff with lots of distortion.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Back in the day, from grade 7 - 9 band was manditory for me. Grahhh. I play(ed) the trumpet. Man I hate that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                Back in the day, from grade 7 - 9 band was manditory for me. Grahhh. I play(ed) the trumpet. Man I hate that thing.

Why did you hate the trumpet?
                sigpic

Comment

lol, yeah, im not too big of a fan for the trumpet. or any brass instrument for that matter. (even though saxes are all brass, they dont count 'cause they require reeds and have keys instead of valves) i tried trumpet and trombone before the bari... and i fell in love with the bari sax! i would LOVE to play a Bass sax but unfortionately, i don't have an extra $18 thousand laying around.(yeah, i said thousand, and lol, if you dont believe me, look it up... 18 grand is a bargin for those things)
                  anyway, you DO gotta give it up to the bassline. the way i see it, playing it is almost like being an offensive linemen, you get almost no credit but without linemen, you couldnt move a yard.
                  i am trying out for all state band here in new mexico on thursday. man, the music is tuff. its definately not bassline stuff.

Comment

...the drums are like the QB
                    the trumpets, clarinets, alto saxes, etc... are the recievers and tight ends
                    the middle line (trombone, tenor sax, baritone, etc...) , the running backs

lol, now im just being dumb... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      Why did you hate the trumpet?
                      Mostly because I sucked at it.

Comment

Originally posted by orangecrush3233
                        i just wanted to know if anyone on these boards are musicians (of any type)
                        i play the Bari Saxophone, are there any other sax players?
                        I'm playing keyboards (piano & synths) and drums (just a little).
                        What kind of music do you like ? Who are your fav. artists ?
                        Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Keyboard here (and piano, but I can't afford a piano).

As a bit of trivia, I cannot read sheet music. Not at all. Not a single shred of it. I know what a treble cleff is, but that's about it.

::shrug::

Alastor.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchfan
                            I'm playing keyboards (piano & synths) and drums (just a little).
                            What kind of music do you like ? Who are your fav. artists ?
                            thats cool, my band teacher is a professional pianist.
                            i like just about any music, depending on my mood. but lately, i have been into a lot of old swing and jazz.
                            as far as artists, im not too framiliar with any names for the old stuff but i like anything ranging from slipknot to dave matthews band to michael buble

what and who are your favorites?

Comment

i also like bands like Muse, the killers, franz fernandad, the stills...

Comment

Working...
                              X