Elder Scrolls MMO (May)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elder Scrolls MMO (May)

Bethesda and ZeniMax are hard at work on a new MMO, and it's taking you back to the world of Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind.

While details are still few and far between, Tom’s has learned that ZeniMax Online Studios and Bethesda will officially announce Elder Scrolls Online in May 2012.

An industry source that wishes to remain anonymous revealed the name of the new MMO to us, and confirmed that the game would take place a full millennium before The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Using the Elder Scrolls Wiki timeline as a guide, Elder Scrolls Online will likely take place during the “Second Era,” or several hundred years before any of the other Elder Scrolls games. This information was corroborated by two additional sources before publication.

Elder Scrolls Online will have three playable factions, according to the tipster. Not much is known about the factions, except each is represented by one of three animals: A lion, a dragon, and a bird of prey (either a phoenix or an eagle, we aren’t sure).

A May 2012 announcement would likely be followed by some sort of presence at E3, the annual Los Angeles video game convention. The game would also be shown at Quakecon 2012 in August, along with id Software’s Doom 4 and several other titles.

The fact that ZeniMax and Bethesda are working on an MMO is hardly a secret, as related job postings have been on ZeniMax’s website for quite some time now. What remained unknown until now was the universe in which this MMO would take place. While some were certainly hoping for a Fallout MMO of some sort - a game that ZeniMax and Bethesda control the publishing rights for – that is not to be the case.
    No thanks. Dumb moves like this from successful companies like Bethesda baffles me. You can't even make a fully functional SP RPG. Now we're talking about implementing that on an even bigger scale. I'll stick to Elder Scrolls VI, thanks.

This will be the glitchest MMO ever made.

No more MMOs since Everquest in middle school and high school.

It was life and soul sucking.

Still have a fantasy of my wife dressing up as Firiona Vie.
    sigpic

Comment

Ya, no way I am playing any more MMOs ever again. I played WoW for like 6 years or something. They steal your soul.

I am however VERY stoked about Diablo 3!!! WOOT

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        Ya, no way I am playing any more MMOs ever again. I played WoW for like 6 years or something. They steal your soul.

Oh how I love that series.

Do you play Hell Dorado by any chance?
        sigpic

Comment

Not gonna get upset until I see some gameplay, but it doesn't seem like that great of an idea to me at this point in time.

Comment

Wow, I must be tired. Either that or I have Broncos on the brain as usual. Thought this thread said something about Elway and Joe Mays
            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

i may get tera in may for pc if my laptop will run it, but i'll probably just hold out till phantasy star online in 2013

the best mmo i ever played, was pso on dreamcast, although not really massive, it was so much fun
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                i may get tera in may for pc if my laptop will run it, but i'll probably just hold out till phantasy star online in 2013

the best mmo i ever played, was pso on dreamcast, although not really massive, it was so much fun
                Phantasy Star Online was pretty good.

Din't care too much for the the repeated button tapping to attack.

The aesthetics of everything was cool, wish the world was bigger.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, give it a chance! It could be an extremely cool game!

Chances are it won't be...but it could be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                    That's just good taste.

sigpic

Comment

After Runescape...never again.

Comment

i don't see where all the hate is coming from, if you don't want to play mmo's then so be it, leave it at that.

but if you think about it, elder scrolls is exactly what an mmo is minus the multiplayer aspect.

it has the huge open free roam world just like an mmo should with all the "sandbox" elements as well.

they may not even use the same graphic engine that they use for their current games so saying it will be the most glitchy mmo in history is a bit premature.

these games take years to develop, give it some time before you formulate opinions like this.

as for me, it sounds interesting but to be honest i am a little burnt on the fantasy genre of mmo's unless it is pvp/sandbox centric.

but in a few years? who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

diabo 2 didn't steal your soul? lol

i agree, been waiting for D3 for over 10 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                            No more MMOs since Everquest in middle school and high school.

It was life and soul sucking.

i played EQ for like 5 years myself, for me the newer mmo's are not as addicting but still fun to play.

i can personally play any mmo without totally geeking out on it but i can understand that some people cannot.

Comment

Diablo 3 is coming out.

I'm scared for my social life.

Comment

Working...
                              X