No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls MMO (May)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might know someone who's played in the beta. I might want to say that person is not sure what they think.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      this game is coming out on the new consoles later this year as well, anyone else looking to check this out?
      Kinda. I at least signed up for the PS4 beta a while ago since my PC is a bit sluggish. I'd like to try it out but that's about it. I just don't like the MMO genre enough to justify B2P with a $15 per month subscription fee.

If it was F2P, which I think it will be within a year or so, I'd consider it. I'll just patiently await for Bethesda to make TES VI because from what I've personally read and heard, Zenimax butchered some of the lore.

But yeah hopefully it's a good and functional game for those that are getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Kinda. I at least signed up for the PS4 beta a while ago since my PC is a bit sluggish. I'd like to try it out but that's about it. I just don't like the MMO genre enough to justify B2P with a $15 per month subscription fee.

If it was F2P, which I think it will be within a year or so, I'd consider it. I'll just patiently await for Bethesda to make TES VI because from what I've personally read and heard, Zenimax butchered some of the lore.

But yeah hopefully it's a good and functional game for those that are getting it.
        i hear ya man, i don't have a problem paying a sub for an mmo that keeps me entertained. the way i justify it is its better than buy a game once a month at full price, which i never do anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          I might know someone who's played in the beta. I might want to say that person is not sure what they think.
          lol cool, you are not breaking the NDA by saying you are in beta. i purposely didn't sign up for beta this time, it always ruins my experience at launch.

from what i have seen there are a lot of mixed feelings about it, some people love it others do not.

i am mainly interested in the cyrodiil pvp that sounds really good to me. the combat sounds better than skyrim combat too, never been a huge fan of the combat in skyrim and oblivion.

we will see though.

Comment

I was in the Beta was very boring in my opinion and its gonna have a sub. I think it might last a year or two with the sub because of its name but I see it going FTP eventually. I'll just stick to playing GW2

Comment

Originally posted by King Lycan View Post
              I was in the Beta was very boring in my opinion and its gonna have a sub. I think it might last a year or two with the sub because of its name but I see it going FTP eventually. I'll just stick to playing GW2
              you don't find GW2 boring? that might be the most boring mmo i have ever played and i gave it more than one chance. its an otherwise well made game with pretty graphics IMO

where GW2 failed me (lack of any real progression and boring pvp) i think this game will at least be better in. i cant play an RPG where i don't feel like i am getting stronger, done with sPVP type games as well.

Comment

After my bad experience with Skyrim I'm not paying for anymore Elder Scrolls titles. Plus I have no interest in spending an extra $15 a month on top of $60 for the game itself.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  After my bad experience with Skyrim I'm not paying for anymore Elder Scrolls titles. Plus I have no interest in spending an extra $15 a month on top of $60 for the game itself.
                  may i ask what your bad experience was? or did you just not care for the game? also, how many games do you guy in a month?

elder scrolls online is bigger and has more content than morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim put together. that's also not considering all the free DLC that they claim will come out once every 3 or 4 weeks post launch.

i know that's not everything but for someone that enjoys these types of games, its better than buying a brand new console game once a month at full price.

for exclusive console players that have never payed to play an mmo, its kind of a hard concept to grasp.

for me, i have over 500 hours logged between oblivion and skyrim and i like mmo's, so this is right up my ally. the pvp especially intrigues me, it looks pretty awesome IMO

Comment

Your Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) build calculator! Create and share your unique build, assign skill points and load your hotbars. Skill descriptions included.

that is a skill builder someone made. i think a lot of people are going to be surprised by the scope of customization in this game.

Comment

I am kinda interested in this game because its an elder scrols game and it looks like a real good one, but i am a console gamer and my computer would not be good enough to run it, but if where to get into mmo that could be the one
                      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        may i ask what your bad experience was? or did you just not care for the game? also, how many games do you guy in a month?

For one the story becomes really boring after about 60-70 hours. It's the most bug filled and glitchy game I've ever played. With one glitch that forced me to have to recreate a character. Graphically static, and recycled quest don't add to the game.

I get like one game every 6 months, and on the rare occasion 2-3 games during the fall.

elder scrolls online is bigger and has more content than morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim put together. that's also not considering all the free DLC that they claim will come out once every 3 or 4 weeks post launch.

Is that suppose to mean something to me? I thought Oblivion was one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. It's size is irreverent. It just doesn't look like a game worth me spending $15 a month for it....

i know that's not everything but for someone that enjoys these types of games, its better than buying a brand new console game once a month at full price.

for exclusive console players that have never payed to play an mmo, its kind of a hard concept to grasp.

Of course it's a hard concept especially when there is games with MMO format coming out that doesn't require a fee, like The Crew, Drive Club, Destiny, and Division to name a few. And it's not that MMOs aren't of interest. I played/owned Defiance which also didn't require a fee.

for me, i have over 500 hours logged between oblivion and skyrim and i like mmo's, so this is right up my ally. the pvp especially intrigues me, it looks pretty awesome IMO
                        Answers in bold.

To add, I watched the 30min gameplay, it wasn't very interest at all. I didn't feel like anything being said or shown was worth it. The only way I'd buy this game is if they got rid of the fee and if it's on sale for $40.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Answers in bold.

To add, I watched the 30min gameplay, it wasn't very interest at all. I didn't feel like anything being said or shown was worth it. The only way I'd buy this game is if they got rid of the fee and if it's on sale for $40.
                          So let me get this straight.

You considered Oblivion to be the worst RPG ever to exist. So you bought Skrim and were disappointed.

That's the same as this analogy:

1. A person hates the Matrix movie so much it makes them vomit.
                          2. So, they decide to watch the rest of the series.

What made you decide to buy Skrim if you considered the previous game of the series to be the worst RPG to ever exist?

Now you are in here saying you are underwhelmed by the next game of the series?

Going back to the Mateix Analogy, you hated the first movie, you watched the second movie, now you are complaining about the third one. If you hate Elder Scrolls games so much, why come and complain? Or maybe you are complaining because you want to see how people react? IE: Trolling
                          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-27-2014, 12:30 PM.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            So let me get this straight.

You considered Oblivion to be the worst RPG ever to exist. So you bought Skrim and were disappointed.

That's the same as this analogy:

1. A person hates the Matrix movie so much it makes them vomit.
                            2. So, they decide to watch the rest of the series.

What made you decide to buy Skrim if you considered the previous game of the series to be the worst RPG to ever exist?
                            I bought Skyrim because I had left over money from trading in a Xbox I won in a sweepstakes last year. It was a eh why not type of purchase and because most of my friends who play RPGs kept saying Skyrim isn't bad and they too didn't like Oblivion, but they loved Morrowind.

Pretty much I wanted Skyrim to be good, much like with movies. Just because one sucked doesn't mean it's sequel will and vice versa. And I don't hate Skyrim, I think it's a good game....but at the same time I think it's one of the most overrated videos game to date and it's bugs and glitches ruin the overall experience of the game.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                              I am kinda interested in this game because its an elder scrols game and it looks like a real good one, but i am a console gamer and my computer would not be good enough to run it, but if where to get into mmo that could be the one
                              its coming to the new consoles in june.

Comment

I bought Skyrim because I had left over money from trading in a Xbox I won in a sweepstakes last year. It was a eh why not type of purchase and because most of my friends who play RPGs kept saying Skyrim isn't bad and they too didn't like Oblivion, but they loved Morrowind.

Pretty much I wanted Skyrim to be good, much like with movies. Just because one sucked doesn't mean it's sequel will and vice versa. And I don't hate Skyrim, I think it's a good game....but at the same time I think it's one of the most overrated videos game to date and it's bugs and glitches ruin the overall experience of the game.
                                oblivion might not have been as good as skyrim or morrowind but it was still a good game IMO.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PC game reviews & Metacritic score: Oblivion is a single-player game that takes place in Tamriel's capital province, Cyrodiil. You are given the task of finding the hidden heir to a throne that si...

clearly most people that have played the game disagree with you and your friends, just saying.

and lastly, i play modded skyrim on the PC, don't know what to tell you about console glitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X