Hatfields & McCoys Airs Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatfields & McCoys Airs Memorial Day

History mini series I think looks decent (or hope it is).

First episode is Monday at 9PM EST.

Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton star in this all-new three-part miniseries about the legendary and deadly family feud that broke out in the backwoods of West Virginia and Kentucky after the Civil War. The clash of clans begins when a Hatfield murders a McCoy, and Randall McCoy's daughter and Devil Anse Hatfield's son begin a tempestuous, forbidden love affair.
    sigpic

I've been seeing previews for this all over the place... I'm setting it to record now... Should be some good stuff.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Anyone watch this?
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I'm set to record as well. It looks pretty good and I want to see it pretty badly despite the fact that Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton can't act their way out of a paper bag.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I'm set to record as well. It looks pretty good and I want to see it pretty badly despite the fact that Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton can't act their way out of a paper bag.
          Wha??!! "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! WE'RE ... DEAD MAN!"

That was some good acting by Paxton right thur sir.

Also this was pretty awesome. Stoked for Part II tonight.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'm dvr'ing the series. I'm halfway through the first episode right now....not reading this thread for anything!
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

3 2-hour episodes seems a little over kill haha.

I have them DVR'd, but haven't watched them yet.

They should of just did a Game of Thrones 10 episode style.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post

It's got my attention dude. IMO, i'ts pretty captivating. I started watching the first one last night, and couldn't stop. I ended up staying up until 1:30 to finish the first two episodes. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post

No it's better to do something like this in mini-series format. Something you can't cover in a two hour movie, but isn't enough material for a full season.

Plus, 6 30 minute episodes isn't enough to hold an audience's attention and not long enough for a season. I guess they could add things in and get a few more episodes but this is a special event that warrants a mini-series instead of drawn out, pointless one-season show. In order to make it into a show they'd have to bend the accuracy of the historical account even further than they are, add in more events etc. Just wouldn't be the same. Game of Thrones is fiction and this isn't.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well what did all four of you think? hahaha. man, for a record-breaking viewing, no one seems to be talking about it at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have em recorded. Can't wait to find 6 hours and watch them all.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                        Well what did all four of you think? hahaha. man, for a record-breaking viewing, no one seems to be talking about it at all.
                        I'm about to sit down and watch the 3rd one. So far, I think it's excellent. A+

So, are you gonna watch my boy play freshman QB for Meridian HS this coming fall?
                        sigpic

Comment

it's so good. sitting down to re-watch the third part. didn't get to pay close attention at work.

so crazy how something as frivolous as a pig caused to families to murder each other and hate each other for decades.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                            it's so good. sitting down to re-watch the third part. didn't get to pay close attention at work.

so crazy how something as frivolous as a pig caused to families to murder each other and hate each other for decades.
                            Dude, if a pig could feed my family for the winter I'd contemplate shooting it's thief...

I thought the series was absolutely awesome. The directing and the acting was absolutely top notch. I think it's an instant masterpiece.

I was wondering today if it's too soon to rewatch the whole series.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Dude, if a pig could feed my family for the winter I'd contemplate shooting it's thief...

I thought the series was absolutely awesome. The directing and the acting was absolutely top notch. I think it's an instant masterpiece.

I was wondering today if it's too soon to rewatch the whole series.
                              lol yeah... i mean I took that into consideration. back then $5.00 went a LONG way. and raising a pig was a big deal because then it was your food for a year... if some jerk goes and steals it... you're out all that meat...or at least the money you could've gotten by selling it at market or some such.

but at the same time, like in the show where Costner goes: "all this to do over a pig..." well it wasn't really about the pig. McCoy was all about honor and doing the right thing and God and justice. Not that the Hatfields weren't but they didn't see it as a big deal.

Also they didn't even do anything to the "thief" it was the cousin of both families mouthing off that got shot and started the whole thing... So meanwhile the pig thief gets away scott free haha. I think they probably could've nipped it in the bud after all that had the sons of McCoy been able to stay out of trouble and hadn't killed Hatfield's brother. That really set it all in motion years later.

I think if i were McCoy I would've taken Devil Anse's money and let bygones be bygones. I just feel like (as far as the show goes) McCoy was more to blame for the whole thing than anyone because he just wouldn't let up... Where's my justice... wah wah wah... dude, your constant complaining and whining got the majority of your family killed because you were too stubborn to move on and mend the relationship.

also it's probably not too early to watch it again. i might do that this weekend lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X