Need a new series to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new series to watch

OK, so I'm kind of in need of something new to watch.

I just got done catching myself all the way up on Justified, and I'm current on Game of Thrones as well. I really like a lot of what USA has done, but most of their series aren't out for their new seasons yet.

Tell me about a show I should watch and why. Please stay away from sitcoms (although it can be funny).

EDIT: I should note that it needn't be a new series. It just needs to be really good.
    Last edited by WhoDeyBengals; 05-29-2012, 11:29 PM.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Sons of Anarchy is good and there are 4 seasons if you want something to put time into (about a biker gang)
    Mad Men is also fantastic
    Generation Kill is really good though its only 7 episodes it is worth the watch

you could go back and watch rome season 1/2 as well also really good if you like stuff in another time period.
    Last edited by Remedy; 05-29-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      Sons of Anarchy is good and there are 4 seasons if you want something to put time into (about a biker gang)
      I'm completely caught up on SOA. Good show, although the season in Ireland got a little silly, and the finale with the cartel at the end of season 4 bugged me.
      Mad Men is also fantastic
      I watched the first episode, didn't get into it.

Generation Kill is really good though its only 7 episodes it is worth the watch
      What's that about?

you could go back and watch rome season 1/2 as well also really good if you like stuff in another time period.
      I'll give that some thought. I think I need something more lighthearted.
      Last edited by WhoDeyBengals; 05-29-2012, 11:57 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word
      HEAR ME ROAR!
      sigpic

Comment

Generation Kill

A Rolling Stone reporter, embedded with The 1st Recon Marines chronicles his experiences during the first wave of the American-led assault on Baghdad in 2003.

It's really good. Totally loved that show.. plenty of laughs (little colourful with the language)

Comment

If you want something funny maybe the first few seasons of Californication are good ( I found it started to suck after season 2)

The league is also good if you want a laugh.

Comment

I've heard that Californication is pretty good, but I dunno. The League sounds really interesting, and I'll probably check that one out. Also, Generation Kill sounds good.

Thanks Remedy! I've definitely got enough to keep busy here.

I just started up an episode of the Ricky Gervais Show, and damn, I'm cracking up...

Oh, and Justified is awesome. Definitely one I'll keep following as long as it keeps going.
            HEAR ME ROAR!
            sigpic

Comment

Season 1/2 is really good of californication... I found it personally went down hill season 3... and I lost all interest... havn't watched 4/5

the league is hilarious... like my sides hurt form laughing so hard..

Comment

THE LEAGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you said no sitcome but it's not the classic one, it's about 4 guys and their fantasy football league, one of the funniest show ever.

If you are set on drama/action i suggest rookie blue it's really good.

I also loved the whole spartacus series
                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

shiva kamini soma kandarkram!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    shiva kamini soma kandarkram!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

My favorite shows

WILFRED - 2nd season starts soon, i think you would enjoy this

The IT Crowd - about a small group of IT workers at a big company, british sitcom but i just finished everthing on netflix and i laughed pretty hard every episode

The League - is great as everyone has said

Archer - hilarious cartoon series about a spy

im sure ill come back with more
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

you could catch up on heart of dixie, season 2 just ended.

Ya I love it when my wire PVR's it and we get to watch it together......I pray for sleep to take me

I guess this is the offset to her loving the walking dead series too.
                        sigpic

Comment

you should watch Dexter and Spartacus blood and sand.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nurse Jackie on Showtime. It's in season 4 now.
                            Where is this season going?

Comment

Dexter and The Walking Dead.

You probably saw both of these already.

Comment

Working...
                              X