Star Wars 1313 Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars 1313 Video Game

Did anyone else see the news that there's going to be something new out?

Is anyone as excited as me?

Probably not... still... if anyone wants to get into early discussion or speculation, we can do so here.

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about... Spike played all 6 Star Wars movies this last weekend, and kept popping up a news crawler along the bottom that broke the news (seriously, it was completely secret prior) that Spike would be giving the first look and coverage of the info on a new Star Wars game franchise.

GTTV tonight will have a first look... probably something short and leaving mystery still. *sigh*... then more will come out Monday at E3.

One of the people at GTTV said it was very impressive (don't remember offhand... but there's lots of articles out there not hard to find.)

Many of the comments etc. have mentioned a bunch of hopes. Often, people are expecting TFU3, KOTOR3 or Battlefront 3... but the news specifically said new franchise.

I'm hoping it's a new version of TIE fighter or something.... it's old enough that they could really redo it and make it a new franchise. I know I'm not alone in this.

Mostly, I'm just very pleased to hear that there's something new in the works already... I thought The Old Republic would have kept them busy for a while and they wouldn't have anything new out this soon.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Hope it's good but i really wanted either kotor3 of battelfront 3
    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

KOTOR 3 would be awesome, but there's zero chance it happens.

Battlefront 3 makes the most sense since it was nearly a complete game when it was shut down.

It could be Battlefront 3 repackaged and upgraded as something else though. Who knows?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic

Comment

Knights 3 would be awesome but wont happen. The Force Unleashed sucked.
        Im hoping this is something that is based in the first trilogies universe.
        sigpic

Comment

Played Battlefront 2 on PSP, literally was the only game I played on PSP. Really fun game online.
          I enjoy the Force Unleashed series, I'd hope if there is a third game, that it'd come out for the next gen consoles in 2014- 4th Quarter 2013.

I've never played any of the Knights Of the Old Republic games.

LT is breaking in some gaming news, I was just about to make a gaming news thread(for a game that only like 2 people on the forum play).
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

If you had started a gaming news thread, I probably would not have thought to look there at all.

lmao.

I need to remember to record or watch GTTV tonight.
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              If you had started a gaming news thread, I probably would not have thought to look there at all.

lmao.

I need to remember to record or watch GTTV tonight.
              Well not a gaming news thread as in "Post all things gaming news."(Not a bad idiot actually)
              But the thread I made was the revealing of another game.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I'm hoping it's a new version of TIE fighter or something.... it's old enough that they could really redo it and make it a new franchise. I know I'm not alone in this.
                if its anything other than that i pretty much will not care. but if it is, that will be pretty bad ass.

unless its a completely different RPG style game of course, then i will have to reserve judgment. but if its just a battlefront or force unleashed type game, i will definitely pass.
                sigpic

Comment

I hope its another rpg franchise

So from what i see they announce it tonight on spike ?
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ame-at-e3.aspx
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The three Star Wars games that needed to be made were: KOTOR 3, Jedi Knight 4, and Battlefront 3. No one wanted The Old Republic, Kinect: Star Wars, and TFU (ultimately).

TFU was decent -- I had fun with it, but it didn't feel like Star Wars mainly because it went over-the-top with the force powers, and had a simply underwhelming place in the Star Wars universe. It seems the franchises that they DID get right they abandoned for no apparent reason. Spent $200 million on TOR and for what? A WOW clone w/ voice acting? Why not spend half of that on KOTOR3 or JK4 and make a real profit?

This new franchise -- keyword "franchise" will likely be something they won't have to change throughout sequels. LT I don't think it's a TIE Fighter game. In this age you can't make enough money off of those types of games. Sadly, I'm smelling another Third-person shooter of some sort around the corner. I guess we'll see, but anything I'm hoping for ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        The three Star Wars games that needed to be made were: KOTOR 3, Jedi Knight 4, and Battlefront 3. No one wanted The Old Republic, Kinect: Star Wars, and TFU (ultimately).

TFU was decent -- I had fun with it, but it didn't feel like Star Wars mainly because it went over-the-top with the force powers, and had a simply underwhelming place in the Star Wars universe. It seems the franchises that they DID get right they abandoned for no apparent reason. Spent $200 million on TOR and for what? A WOW clone w/ voice acting? Why not spend half of that on KOTOR3 or JK4 and make a real profit?

This new franchise -- keyword "franchise" will likely be something they won't have to change throughout sequels. LT I don't think it's a TIE Fighter game. In this age you can't make enough money off of those types of games. Sadly, I'm smelling another Third-person shooter of some sort around the corner. I guess we'll see, but anything I'm hoping for ain't happening.
                        Well, obviously I loved TFU. lol.

Can't blame them for making TOR... there's big money in MMOs if you can pull it off. If I had no life, I would pick it up.... but I simply don't have the time to invest.

I never expected it to be a TIE Fighter type game... just hoping.

I think I completely spaced mentioning the main speculation that was out there... that this would be a Boba Fett game.... and the brief first look last night gives credence to that. The Game was named/codenamed 'Star Wars 1313'... and most were expecting Fett because I guess he went by the code name CT-1313 at some point?

In any case, the first look confirmed a third person Bounty Hunter game... they wouldn't say who it was based on though. It could be that it's Fett, it could be that it's not. They showed ILM getting into the process of working on the visuals, and they looked impressive from a first look.

Based on Coruscant, and there was a quick note at one point about 'level 1313 is 1313 levels from the core of the planet' I don't think they meant core as much as the ground... but interesting. Could be that it's about going deep into the undercity of Coruscant... there could be anything down there.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...rs-tv/157?ch=1

Props to them for doing Star Wars first and not making me fast forward to the end. lol.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic

Comment

Man.... I always forget things.

It's going to be a bit darker than most Star Wars we're used to. 'Darker and Mature' even.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/st...13-on-corusca/

After being leaked earlier this evening, Star Wars 1313 has been officially revealed by Lucasarts. A teaser image for the game reveals what looks like an original trilogy-era shuttle, which may mean the game could take place – at least in part – during the era of everyone's favorite series characters.

A press release for Star Wars 1313 says the game is a third-person cinematic action game, set in "Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant," and the player will control "a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy." LucasArts says the game will emphasize Star Wars' "dark and mature" elements, and show off "a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit."

In other words, it sounds a lot like the Force Unleashed games, but from the perspective of a bounty hunter instead of a Jedi. We'll hear more at E3 next week, no doubt.
                          Edit: They have a page up with some music and a little concept art and nothing more yet it seems. http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/
                          Last edited by LordTrychon; 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post

no one wanted tor? you mean none of the console games did? that's a pretty off base statement right there because i know a lot of people wanted a game like that.

just because you didn't want it doesn't mean no one did.
                            sigpic

Comment

Man.... I always forget things.

It's going to be a bit darker than most Star Wars we're used to. 'Darker and Mature' even.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/st...13-on-corusca/

Edit: They have a page up with some music and a little concept art and nothing more yet it seems. http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/
                              i am pretty sicked for this game, i like that it's new. What i like the most is that it's mature i think if they pull it off it can be really good,but the gameplay and shooting mechanics need to be perfect.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X