Star Wars 1313 Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    i am pretty sicked for this game, i like that it's new. What i like the most is that it's mature i think if they pull it off it can be really good,but the gameplay and shooting mechanics need to be perfect.
    Well, I'd say I'm already impressed... but I'm not the fan they're going after. I'll buy most SW games. Heck, I even tried Kinect Star Wars demo last night and thought it was alright... ok... I'm not going to buy it... but still.

Importance to me -

Story
    Gameplay
    Graphics.

I am glad to see them doing this more in house, and using all their resources on it. I hope they manage the gameplay... we know they can manage the graphics if they put in the effort. Story I'm also not too worried about. Really glad to see them doing a darker, more mature game. Many of the extended universe novels are this way, and I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Well, I'd say I'm already impressed... but I'm not the fan they're going after. I'll buy most SW games. Heck, I even tried Kinect Star Wars demo last night and thought it was alright... ok... I'm not going to buy it... but still.

Importance to me -

Story
      Gameplay
      Graphics.

I am glad to see them doing this more in house, and using all their resources on it. I hope they manage the gameplay... we know they can manage the graphics if they put in the effort. Story I'm also not too worried about. Really glad to see them doing a darker, more mature game. Many of the extended universe novels are this way, and I look forward to it.
      I hope the game is dark and gritty like the comic books. If the gameplay and shooting mechanincs are as good as uncharted, and the graphics and story are good the game will be epic.

I hope it has a blend of assassins creed free running and splinter cell stealth approach.
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        no one wanted tor? you mean none of the console games did? that's a pretty off base statement right there because i know a lot of people wanted a game like that.

just because you didn't want it doesn't mean no one did.
        I think it's pretty off base to assume that more people wanted a MMO after playing both KOTOR games, respectively. Just because that's what we were given doesn't mean it's what everyone wanted. I'm sure a lot of people did want a game like TOR, but did they want that game to ultimately be the only true successor of KOTOR 2?

And I'm just talking majority here. There's no way that the majority of KOTOR players, PC and consoles, wanted a MMO taking place centuries after KOTOR 2. I'll ask you this. If, back when KOTOR 2 came out and upon completion of the game there was a poll asking what form of sequel is better:

A - WOW clone , with VA, and takes place 300 years after KOTOR 2.
        or
        B - A direct sequel SP RPG to KOTOR 2.

Which do you think would get more votes? I'll leave it at that since I wasn't trying to debate over this.

Anyways, analyzing the new stuff you posted LT, I wouldn't be upset with a Bobba Fett game. My thing is once again, it'll be a TPS so they can easily cater to the casuals and implement a MP without too much hassle. Been there done that. Oh, yeah, and a game like that already exists because I remember getting it on the PS2. It was called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter where you play as Jango Fett. It didn't get good reviews IIRC, but most consider it a guilty pleasure and I liked it to be honest. If you can find it I highly recommend giving it a try. Heck, I want to play it now that I'm talking about it.

I won't hold my breathe, but they could really do some great things with a Bobba Fett game. There's a lot about his character that begs to be told in a story with awesome gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          I think it's pretty off base to assume that more people wanted a MMO after playing both KOTOR games, respectively. Just because that's what we were given doesn't mean it's what everyone wanted. I'm sure a lot of people did want a game like TOR, but did they want that game to ultimately be the only true successor of KOTOR 2?

And I'm just talking majority here. There's no way that the majority of KOTOR players, PC and consoles, wanted a MMO taking place centuries after KOTOR 2. I'll ask you this. If, back when KOTOR 2 came out and upon completion of the game there was a poll asking what form of sequel is better:

A - WOW clone , with VA, and takes place 300 years after KOTOR 2.
          or
          B - A direct sequel SP RPG to KOTOR 2.

Which do you think would get more votes? I'll leave it at that since I wasn't trying to debate over this.

Anyways, analyzing the new stuff you posted LT, I wouldn't be upset with a Bobba Fett game. My thing is once again, it'll be a TPS so they can easily cater to the casuals and implement a MP without too much hassle. Been there done that. Oh, yeah, and a game like that already exists because I remember getting it on the PS2. It was called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter where you play as Jango Fett. It didn't get good reviews IIRC, but most consider it a guilty pleasure and I liked it to be honest. If you can find it I highly recommend giving it a try. Heck, I want to play it now that I'm talking about it.

I won't hold my breathe, but they could really do some great things with a Bobba Fett game. There's a lot about his character that begs to be told in a story with awesome gameplay.
          in that case, according to your logic, nobody wants any PC games at all. i mean, the majority of people play strictly consoles right? even though 6.3 million people bought Diablo 3 the first week it was released, they are still the minority in the gaming industry.

also, bioware didn't make KOTOR 2. so i am not sure they would be willing to expand on the story directly, but that is just me speculating of course.

its just ridiculous to say nobody wanted it, completely untrue and off base indeed. but i do respect your opinion and know you did not want it, just leave it at that.

Comment

This is game looks like it has tremendous potential.

Maybe it could be like a cross between LA Niore and Star wars? that would be cool.
            Now go get your shine box

Comment

Oh. A game.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                This is game looks like it has tremendous potential.

Maybe it could be like a cross between LA Niore and Star wars? that would be cool.
                I hope more like star wars and splinter cell and bit of assassins creed
                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I almost bought a PS2 for Bounty Hunter. I would still consider picking it up and borrowing or buying a cheap used PS2 to play that game. I was upset that was a PS2 exclusive, but excited that KOTOR was the Xbox exclusive.

Comment

10:00 eastern, we'll get to see more of this.

Comment

So spitballing... Here's things I wonder if we can expect...
                      • A Gears-like combat system, because fighting from cover is all the rage...
                      • An LA Noir type look for clues story.
                      • Sandbox type open 'world'... take all sorts of side missions along the way.
                      • Jetpack! That would be sweet.

Dunno.... just wondering. We'll know more tonight.

Comment

So spitballing... Here's things I wonder if we can expect...
                        • A Gears-like combat system, because fighting from cover is all the rage...
                        • An LA Noir type look for clues story.
                        • Sandbox type open 'world'... take all sorts of side missions along the way.
                        • Jetpack! That would be sweet.

Dunno.... just wondering. We'll know more tonight.
                        that would be awesome but isn't the presser tomorow ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                          that would be awesome but isn't the presser tomorow ?
                          10:00pm EST tonight. We should get a look at gameplay.

Comment

10:00pm EST tonight. We should get a look at gameplay.
                            ign schedule has it tomorow 6:00 pm PDT.

Unless they will show some during the sony conference ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Spike's getting a special first look after the Sony conference, I believe... which is at 9:00 EST.

Edit: E3 All Access Live on Spike at 10:00 is the show they've been saying will get first peek.

Comment

i see but i dont think we will see gameplay it will probably be a trailer. If we see some gameplay it will be at the game presser
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X