Star Wars 1313 Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Never even heard of KOTOR, is it on consoles?
    They're only on PC and original Xbox. It's basically the predecessor of Mass Effect and it happens to be my favorite Star Wars game.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      They're only on PC and original Xbox. It's basically the predecessor of Mass Effect and it happens to be my favorite Star Wars game.
      i loved the story to KOTOR but the game play? not so much...

Comment

No store within a 100 miles radius has it. So I'll have to keep hoping for one for either 360 or Durango.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
          i loved the story to KOTOR but the game play? not so much...
          To each his own. I liked the gameplay, it gave me a good RPG fix. The series is nearly a decade old so it was revolutionary then and still holds up well today for me. KOTOR 2 probably had more variety overall, though.

And Insane you might have to check online because I doubt they'll do anything more with the series. The $200 million BioWare spent on TOR tells us they're trying to leave it in the past. HD remakes aren't looking likely either.
          Last edited by Amari24; 06-05-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

bioware didn't even want to make the second KOTOR, maybe obsidian can make another sequel? i also think the fact that they spent $200 million on tor doesn't have anything to do with it.

bioware had a lot of references to the original KOTOR story in their SWTOR game but not one reference to the second KOTOR. that was not their game and i don't see why they would continue on with that story and make a third one (unless it was a completely different story set in the last or future like TOR was).

nothing will ever touch the story in the original KOTOR anyway. they could make a full star wars movie with that story and it would be one of the better movies if done right IMO.

the story was that epic, one of the best i have ever seen in any video game if not the best.
            Last edited by baphamet; 06-05-2012, 04:19 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              bioware didn't even want to make the second KOTOR, maybe obsidian can make another sequel? i also think the fact that they spent $200 million on tor doesn't have anything to do with it.

bioware had a lot of references to the original KOTOR story in their SWTOR game but not one reference to the second KOTOR. that was not their game and i don't see why they would continue on with that story and make a third one (unless it was a completely different story set in the last or future like TOR was).

nothing will ever touch the story in the original KOTOR anyway. they could make a full star wars movie with that story and it would be one of the better movies if done right IMO.

the story was that epic, one of the best i have ever seen in any video game if not the best.
              Well, right off the bat the storyline of KOTOR 2 was immediately built from KOTOR 1's story. It wasn't like Obsidian did anything drastic with KOTOR 2. Ultimately, KOTOR 2 had less to do with the Exile and more to do with Revan from KOTOR 1. So in a way, Obsidian did them a favor by keeping it close together (too close at some points) so if there had been a sequel it would still ultimately be a sequel to KOTOR 1.

My point about TOR costing $200 million was -- that in itself made it clear that they didn't want any new KOTOR related material existing which only meant more juice for the MMO. KOTOR ended with TOR so BioWare giving Obsidian the keys for a sequel doesn't do much good now. Maybe if the game was set in the same time period as TOR and was more centered around KOTOR 2's history. That would defeat the purpose, though.

I mean I'd be happy with HD remakes of both games, that's more likely I think. They're doing it with Baldur's Gate so hopefully KOTOR is next. And I agree, the story was the best all time IMHO.

Comment

From what info we have it looks like it will be a on rails tps with platforming level.....
                sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
                  From what info we have it looks like it will be a on rails tps with platforming level.....
                  I basically figured that much from the first gameplay vid. It looks like its main appeal to fans will be through the story itself and the setting. It seems like it will be one of those games that consists of in-your-face explosion sequences with platforming like Uncharted. It really doesn't seem like the immersive Star Wars game I've been looking for since at least BF2, because it's too cinematic.

I don't think I'm getting it unless there's some massive shift involving the gameplay. I was hoping it would be an unintended sequel to Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, but it looks like it will be another linear corridor TPS... which I kind of predicted. However, it's slated to be a 'franchise' so maybe the sequel(s) will open up the gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                  X