No announcement yet.

Official E-3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo 4 and AC3 are really the only two games that are guarantee buys this year. Prey 2 was put on hold, Resident Evil 6 is an airball waiting to happen, and then you have the mysterious Star Wars game which can go either way.

I'm really just hoping Bethesda ends the suspense and teases Fallout 4.

Then comes the conclusion of all the E3 2012 720/PS4 rumors. Interestingly enough, there was a report/leak a few days ago stating that Sony would be releasing the PS4 in 2013. Not saying they'll show or hint the PS4 at this E3, but don't be surprised if Sony or Microsoft for that matter, show or discuss new hardware. I'm already keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Sounds like Madden has a new engine. more to come later lol.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        Any news on NHL 13 yet?
        Should be some during the EA presser
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          Halo 4 and AC3 are really the only two games that are guarantee buys this year. Prey 2 was put on hold, Resident Evil 6 is an airball waiting to happen, and then you have the mysterious Star Wars game which can go either way.

I'm really just hoping Bethesda ends the suspense and teases Fallout 4.

Then comes the conclusion of all the E3 2012 720/PS4 rumors. Interestingly enough, there was a report/leak a few days ago stating that Sony would be releasing the PS4 in 2013. Not saying they'll show or hint the PS4 at this E3, but don't be surprised if Sony or Microsoft for that matter, show or discuss new hardware. I'm already keeping my fingers crossed.
          Wouldn't they have done that at their respective keynotes, if they were going to at all? I haven't read up on the Sony Keynote like I did the Microsoft... but My RSS should have exploded if Sony said anything about new hardware.

Edit: Sony hasn't had theirs yet. :doh: I just saw the live-bloggers comment to follow them over to Sony's conference and assumed it was starting shortly.
          Last edited by LordTrychon; 06-04-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            Sounds like Madden has a new engine. more to come later lol.
            http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/ma...finity-engine/

Taking the stage during EA's annual E3 press conference, GM of American Football at EA Sports, Cam Weber, highlighted the major new addition to the Madden franchise: the Infinity Engine.

The Infinity Engine was designed to incorporate more dynamic animations and collision detection into Madden NFL 13. "Pre-determined outcomes – they're history," Cam said. "Now with the Infinity Engine, I can regain my balance after contact and fight for a few more yards. The Infinity Engine changes the outcome of every single play."

On top of that, Connected Careers mode combines aspects of franchise, online franchise and superstar modes, adding RPG elements and social networking functionality to Madden NFL 13.

Comment

Yup been reading over at operation sports and I must say that Madden 13 looks great and NCAA may get un preordered if they don't have this engine.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Yup been reading over at operation sports and I must say that Madden 13 looks great and NCAA may get un preordered if they don't have this engine.
                I'd be absolutely shocked if it didn't. If I remember right, they were working pretty closely with both teams to upgrade the games this go around. They wouldn't use such a potentially revolutionary engine for one and not the other. If anything, NCAA has been ahead of Madden in the past on the engine, etc.

Comment

Crysis 3 still looked a little too linear for me. Oh well, I'm still going to buy it to finish up the trilogy. It will likely be the last EA game I'll buy since their other franchises don't interest me at all and I've grown tired of their shoddy practices.

Looking forward to Sony with Vita announcements as well as a slim chance of a PS4 announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    Crysis 3 still looked a little too linear for me. Oh well, I'm still going to buy it to finish up the trilogy. It will likely be the last EA game I'll buy since their other franchises don't interest me at all and I've grown tired of their shoddy practices.

Looking forward to Sony with Vita announcements as well as a slim chance of a PS4 announcement.
                    I taught it looked ok,as for the ps4 i really dont think they will announce it
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                      I'd be absolutely shocked if it didn't. If I remember right, they were working pretty closely with both teams to upgrade the games this go around. They wouldn't use such a potentially revolutionary engine for one and not the other. If anything, NCAA has been ahead of Madden in the past on the engine, etc.
                      Here is a quote from IGN.

NCAA is holding off on using Madden's new Infinity Engine until next year, which means this superior football franchise needs to use itself to its advantage if it wants to keep its edge sharp as ever. The Heisman mode isn't just about giving you a name to play. It's about putting top-tier players from the past on any roster you want. Eddie George and Charlie Ward can bring school pride to your favorite team even if they didn't really go there. With more coming as DLC, EA Sports is really planning to run with this.
                      http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-heisman-mode

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

Stinks for them.

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMG

AC3 was so epic !!!!!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn who else saw that watch dogs thing it looked really impressive, suprise of the show definetly
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm a little late to the party, so I'll give my opinions as I see the videos of the events I have some form of interest in.

Just watch the Xbox presser, on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7.5 maybe a 8. It was pretty decent, way better than last years force feed of the Kincet.

Halo 4 looks like Halo, which means it's looks great as it's expected to look. Pretty sure it'll preform as well as other Halo games. At worst it could be Halo Reach, at best it could be the best Halo made.

Kinda wish'd they'd show more on Gears Of War Judgment. I mean as far as a video trailer is concerned, what they showed was more so a teaser than a actual trailer.

I don't care for Fable. I don't care for Black Ops 2, don't even know why they should it at a xbox presser, yeah I know Call Of Duty is pretty much mostly played on Xbox, but still it's not a exclusive so way make it the blockbuster ending.

Madden 13 looked good during the Xbox presser, I'm about to watch the EA presser now to see more things about Madden. From the Xbox presser, I like the Kincet integration(same for Fifa) but it voice recognition was a little off/slow when Joe Montana was calling players.

That one game the hot chick was playing looked pointless, don't see why it was shown, but something that simple might be the next Anger Birds.

Smartglass is cool, but it's not something I see myself using mainly because I don't own a tablet, nor do I care to do what they did with the tablet, xbox, and smartphone.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Watch Dogs... now there's a game that has my attention. 'Bout an hour or so until Sony's up. I've been most hyped to see them over anyone else mainly because they have a big chip on their shoulder. As a Vita AND PS3 owner I'm definitely hoping and expecting to see some big time announcements. The Vita isn't doing too hot in Japan so this may be Sony's last chance to impress gamers. Time to hold my breath!

Comment

Working...
                                X