Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Streaming Music Service Should I Subscribe To?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    It has song repeat, not sure what the 'on demand' feature is though. If that just means you can listen to specific songs then yes, that's all that spotify is. You stream whatever song, at any point, however many times you want. You can also save a lot of songs for offline use if you're planning on not being connected to the internet for a while.
    WOW! So it's not your classic internet-radio type of thing (like Pandora)?

Interesting...

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Does the $10 Spotify have the 'song repeat' and 'on demand' features like Slacker Radio's $10 plan?
    It has song repeat, not sure what the 'on demand' feature is though. If that just means you can listen to specific songs then yes, that's all that spotify is. You stream whatever song, at any point, however many times you want. You can also save a lot of songs for offline use if you're planning on not being connected to the internet for a while.
    Last edited by Hoserman117; 06-01-2012, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
    Pandora for free....
    That's great if you don't want to listen to specific songs. I personally cant use Pandora just for that reason.

Leave a comment:

• yaz96
    replied
    Pandora for free....

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    oh i didn't know that. i guess i never tried to listen to it that much lol
    Yeah I didn't know that till I started my job here, and after the first week or so I was like. Where's my music so I go to look and it said I used up my 40 hours, and I could spend like .99 cents for the rest of the month. (not sure on the amount anymore). So I looked around and stumbled onto Jango which seems to work well enough for me for back ground noise.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    It is sorta free. For me it isn't because I have it on in the background all day at work. After 40 hours in one month, you have to pay. That is what caused me to switch to Jango, which is a lot like pandora except the commericals are only when you change stations.
    oh i didn't know that. i guess i never tried to listen to it that much lol

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Spotify easily. Great quality, pretty much every song you'd ever want, for $10 a month. The iPhone app is also great, get perfectly streaming high quality songs over 3G/Wifi wherever you are.
    Does the $10 Spotify have the 'song repeat' and 'on demand' features like Slacker Radio's $10 plan?

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    -Spotify
    -Slacker Radio
    -Pandora
    -Rdio
    -MOG
    -Grooveshark

Which one do you use or recommend?

I'm looking to purchase the paid subscriptions to one of these services, but there's too many choices and I don't want to try out every single one (requires an account).
    I don't pay for a service but I always like Last.fm I use it on my XBOX and it's got some pretty good options for setting up a station that fits your taste. Pandora isn't too bad either.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Spotify easily. Great quality, pretty much every song you'd ever want, for $10 a month. The iPhone app is also great, get perfectly streaming high quality songs over 3G/Wifi wherever you are.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
    google music I've got a thousand or so songs in there.
    Me, too. I find that my money is better spent on buying songs I want and storing them in the Google Music cloud, and then using free Pandora.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    same here, all i need is Pandora and its free as well if you don't mind a commercial every once in a while.
    It is sorta free. For me it isn't because I have it on in the background all day at work. After 40 hours in one month, you have to pay. That is what caused me to switch to Jango, which is a lot like pandora except the commericals are only when you change stations.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
    But that doesn't work like other streaming internet radio services, does it?

I was under the impression that you can only backup your own music to Google Music's cloud.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollo View Post
    I Love Pandora on my iPhone, but have never tried any of the other services.

Gotta say i love pandora tho.
    same here, all i need is Pandora and its free as well if you don't mind a commercial every once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Spotify is awesome! But you have to have a Facebook account to get Spotify. They give you a month free to try it. I love it. I have so many different playlists from it. You should definitely check t ot.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X