Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Resident Evil: Retribution

    This movie is just confusing. 2 new trailers are out for the film, releasing in September.
    I know there isn't much of support for the film series, but I actually like them. This one however just doesn't make any sense after seeing the 2nd trailer.

    The casting is way different than I thought it would be.
    I thought Ali Larter would be in it, doesn't look like it.
    I thought Spencer Locke would be in it, appears not.
    Chris Redfield isn't even in it. How do you introduce one of the video game characters into the movie then not have him in the next?
    They did however add Leon Kennedy, I'm not a fan of the Leon Kennedy character, I like Redfield better.
    Jill Valentine is back and they added Ada Wong to the film.

    How is Rain alive, how is Carlos alive, how is Luther not infected?

    Anyways for those that care a bit for the film here is the link to the videos and cast.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855325/
    Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 06-17-2012, 03:24 PM.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

  • #2
    Good question regarding Michelle Rodriguez' character Rain, as I recall she was killed off in the first movie. Unless they are using the "clone" version a la Alien: Resurrection. A really liked Ali Larter in the last one, too......maybe she just didn't want to be in this one as the franchise is aging....

    Good post, Insane.
    sigpic
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

    Comment


    • #3
      The movies aside from RE1 are terrible to be honest, but watching them is a guilty pleasure. I heard Claire and Chris are captured by Umbrella so Larter (she actually likes being in films) and Wentworth Miller probably won't be in the movie much if at all. Rain died in RE1 and Carlos died in RE3. My guess is that they were cloned by STARS to help Alice against Umbrella. Personally, I would've rather had Alice, Claire, Chris, and Leon instead of bringing back dead characters.

      I really hope they reboot the franchise, but I doubt it. They're making sooo much money.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was confused also. Looks like too much going on at once. She does say in the second trailer that they were using events from her past to try and kill her or something along those lines.
        Now go get your shine box

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          The movies aside from RE1 are terrible to be honest, but watching them is a guilty pleasure. I heard Claire and Chris are captured by Umbrella so Larter (she actually likes being in films) and Wentworth Miller probably won't be in the movie much if at all. Rain died in RE1 and Carlos died in RE3. My guess is that they were cloned by STARS to help Alice against Umbrella. Personally, I would've rather had Alice, Claire, Chris, and Leon instead of bringing back dead characters.

          I really hope they reboot the franchise, but I doubt it. They're making sooo much money.
          This is suppose to be the final one. I to hope there is a reboot, hopefully with a better director and staff, and tells the story of either Leon or Chris or maybe even Jake Muller.

          The line up itself sounds way better, Alice, Claire, Chris, Leon, Ada, and Jill.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

          Comment


          • #6
            I thought the same thing the first time I saw the trailer two months ago. The way I understand it you never actually saw Rain die. You saw her get bit and ambushed by zombies so you assumed she died. Supposedly she fought her way out and got cured or something like that.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              I thought the same thing the first time I saw the trailer two months ago. The way I understand it you never actually saw Rain die. You saw her get bit and ambushed by zombies so you assumed she died. Supposedly she fought her way out and got cured or something like that.
              No she got shot in the head at the end of the movie on the train.
              Remember the fight scene with the Licker, Alice has it's tongue stabbed into the train and tells the other guy to open the door? He shot Rain into the button.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                No she got shot in the head at the end of the movie on the train.
                Remember the fight scene with the Licker, Alice has it's tongue stabbed into the train and tells the other guy to open the door? He shot Rain into the button.
                Well I actually didnt remember that much detail. My brother is a bigger fan of the series snd he told me you didn't specifically see her die. I took his word for it b
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                X