Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Batman series moving forward from TDKR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I agree that unless Nolan does the next movie that Batman should be left alone for awhile. I mean it took 7 years to get these three movies all out. Why would you reboot in less time?

    I think DC needs to come out with enough characters to develop a Justice League movie. And that should be the next time we see Batman.
    As I told my brother, I don't think DC's characters outside Superman and Batman are good enough to have their own movie. A tv show yeah, but not a movie. I can't see Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. in a solo movie.

    They tried with the Green Lantern in that movie was probably the worst Superhero movie I've seen.(Yes even worst than Spider-Man 3)
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      As I told my brother, I don't think DC's characters outside Superman and Batman are good enough to have their own movie. A tv show yeah, but not a movie. I can't see Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. in a solo movie.

      They tried with the Green Lantern in that movie was probably the worst Superhero movie I've seen.(Yes even worst than Spider-Man 3)
      Agreed. DC really doesn't have that great of comic book characters. It's just that they have the two best so everyone wants to see a movie with them together. But that can't happen without a few more characters. Which as you pointed out they already tried with Green Lantern and it was an epic fail.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        As I told my brother, I don't think DC's characters outside Superman and Batman are good enough to have their own movie. A tv show yeah, but not a movie. I can't see Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. in a solo movie.

        They tried with the Green Lantern in that movie was probably the worst Superhero movie I've seen.(Yes even worst than Spider-Man 3)
        I disagre i didn't think Green Lantern was that bad and it think the other justice league hero would work
        sigpic

        Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          As I told my brother, I don't think DC's characters outside Superman and Batman are good enough to have their own movie. A tv show yeah, but not a movie. I can't see Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, etc. in a solo movie.

          They tried with the Green Lantern in that movie was probably the worst Superhero movie I've seen.(Yes even worst than Spider-Man 3)
          I disagree with that. DC has a ton of great characters that could fit the mold. Green Lantern just had a million things wrong with it. It's not the be all and end all of DC superhero movies outside of Batman and Superman.

          I agree that some heroes like Martian Manhunter and probably Aquaman wouldn't work well as movies, but I definitely think Flash, Wonder Woman, and even Green Arrow could work.

          Green Lantern could've been an awesome movie, but it had a terrible script and a boring plot. It's not that GL couldn't work on the big screen; it's that they didn't want it to work.

          Look at Marvel. After they screwed up enough times with: Elektra (which is the worst comic book film of all time), Hulk (2003), Fantastic Four, and Daredevil, they started putting out decent movies.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            I disagree with that. DC has a ton of great characters that could fit the mold. Green Lantern just had a million things wrong with it. It's not the be all and end all of DC superhero movies outside of Batman and Superman.

            I agree that some heroes like Martian Manhunter and probably Aquaman wouldn't work well as movies, but I definitely think Flash, Wonder Woman, and even Green Arrow could work.

            Green Lantern could've been an awesome movie, but it had a terrible script and a boring plot. It's not that GL couldn't work on the big screen; it's that they didn't want it to work.

            Look at Marvel. After they screwed up enough times with: Elektra (which is the worst comic book film of all time), Hulk (2003), Fantastic Four, and Daredevil, they started putting out decent movies.


            yeah...but unfortunately those characters dont belong to Marvel Studios(minus hulk) imagine if they did

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
              [/B]

              yeah...but unfortunately those characters dont belong to Marvel Studios(minus hulk) imagine if they did
              True, but that's Marvel's fault. There's a reason you don't see DC handing out licences to their characters like candy. It's so you don't have incompetent directors ruining your characters on top of not being able to legally use them.

              My point was that after those movies bombed, Marvel decided to actually put out some decent flicks of their own like Hulk (2008) and Iron Man. And above all else, they stopped handing out the rights to their characters.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                True, but that's Marvel's fault. There's a reason you don't see DC handing out licences to their characters like candy. It's so you don't have incompetent directors ruining your characters on top of not being able to legally use them.

                My point was that after those movies bombed, Marvel decided to actually put out some decent flicks of their own like Hulk (2008) and Iron Man. And above all else, they stopped handing out the rights to their characters.
                They should of stopped before handing out the spidey license
                sigpic

                Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Agreed. DC really doesn't have that great of comic book characters. It's just that they have the two best so everyone wants to see a movie with them together. But that can't happen without a few more characters. Which as you pointed out they already tried with Green Lantern and it was an epic fail.
                  Not necessarily. If people REALLY REALLY want a Superman Batman movie, they can do it without a JLA movie and without having to make other movies. There are several comic arcs now that have Superman and Batman teamed up by themselves that would work. I mean it's the name of the particular comic: Superman/Batman. lol.

                  Also I personally think a movie based on the plot of Absolute Power would be amazing and dark and very good.



                  sigpic

                  DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I think Warner Bros. is too scared to try a duo-hero flick after Batman and Robin. In 2002, they already planned a Batman and Superman movie -- specifically titled (and I kidd you not) Batman Vs. Superman . I think we all should be glad that didn't see the light of day. And that was FIVE YEARS AFTER Batman and Robin, so I can only imagine what they were thinking.

                    Of course, after Batman Begins and Superman Returns came out, everyone wanted to see the pairing.

                    I think they have a better chance of succeeding with Justice League. Man of Steel should be good enough, and they'll want to at least do Wonder Woman or Flash next. Seriously, show a teaser for either of those two during Man of Steel and you'll get people talking. There's actually rumors that a Wonder Woman cameo or something hinting to the other heroes will be in Man of Steel.

                    I really think the only way we'll see a Batman and Superman duo movie is after Justice League and if it succeeds.
                    Last edited by Amari24; 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Well I gotta say I could understand everything Batman said, however, he still sounded goofy. Not AS BAD as The Dark Knight though. Geesh that was over the top. And seriously, when people already know that you are Bruce Wayne is it neccessary to continue to talk in that voice?

                      I had a little trouble understanding Bane at times, but he still sounded badass.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X