Microsoft OFFICIALLY confirms XBox 720!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    I have a PS3 and my brother as a 360 and i play madden and reach on his 360 and i see no difference at all with my PS3 plus it's free so there is no blowing away going on...
    Yes, I do think the LIVE > PSN thing is overblown. I have both systems and my most fluent online sessions have come from the PS3. It's ironic because LIVE is $60 a year and PSN is free, so you would think LIVE would be the more enjoyable experience. Sadly, I've encountered sync issues, problems connecting to servers, and annoying idiots who feel the need to blow, sing, and blast music through their mics. I cancelled my membership a while ago; not renewing it anytime soon. I don't even like online gaming that much.

LIVE is more socially interactive, but that isn't worth anything to me. PSN is not as socially appealing, but it's free, gets the job done, and has a pretty laid back community.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Yes, I do think the LIVE > PSN thing is overblown. I have both systems and my most fluent online sessions have come from the PS3. It's ironic because LIVE is $60 a year and PSN is free, so you would think LIVE would be the more enjoyable experience. Sadly, I've encountered sync issues, problems connecting to servers, and annoying idiots who feel the need to blow, sing, and blast music through their mics. I cancelled my membership a while ago; not renewing it anytime soon. I don't even like online gaming that much.

LIVE is more socially interactive, but that isn't worth anything to me. PSN is not as socially appealing, but it's free, gets the job done, and has a pretty laid back community.
      Has Sony confirmed a PS4? Any kind of projection date?

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
        Regardless of what anyone tells you, we're actually quite far away from all digital distribution. Sony already tried with the PSP GO and that ended up tanking. Not everyone has fast internet and sometimes they have data caps. You think people are going to enjoy exceeding their monthly cap by downloading two big next gen games? If your internet is really slow downloading a 50GB game off the internet isn't feasible.

Not to mention some people simply like to "own" physical copies of their games.

Games are at least two gens away from going that route. For the time being, DD and physical media will coincide. It's working well with the Vita.
        I am a perfect example of what you're talking about, my highest option for internet speeds is 1.5Mb/s currently... It rarely gets to that speed anywyays. I don't even want to contemplate how long it would take me to download a full PS3 game... Not to mention, what happens when you run out of hard drive space? Always having to play "which game do I keep for now?"

Anyways, what I envision happening with used games if the consoles have an anti used game mechanism is the implementation of a license system. You can still sell the used physical media, but in order to use it, you have to have a license for it like with computer games. It would suck, but if it worked out to where it was still cheaper to buy used games, everyone would win in the long run.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
          Has Sony confirmed a PS4? Any kind of projection date?
          Sony confirmed they were working on the PS4 a couple years ago.

Wii U is coming out this holiday season (confirmed).
          720 will most likely be out Fall of 2013 (according to rumors, analyst, and the 360's lack of new IP's).
          PS4 I'm anticipating a Spring or Fall of 2014 release.

Sony has made it clear with past statements and an abundance of new IP's for the PS3 that they aren't in a rush to enter the next gen. Nintendo is all set. After Halo 4, the new Forza and the new Gears Microsoft will be ready, too.

Comment

Gamers who are tired of Microsoft (MSFT) hyping Windows 8 and the Surface without spilling any beans about the next-generation Xbox can chill: a new version of Microsoft’s popular gaming system will launch within 18 months at the latest. PC World*on Thursday spotted a now-deleted Microsoft job posting stating that the company “over the next eighteen months… will release new versions of all of our most significant products including Windows (Client, Server, Phone and Azure), Office and Xbox.” Since Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 have already been tapped to launch this year, that leaves the new Xbox as the last major candidate to launch in 18 months’ time. As PC World*notes, that timeframe means that the new Xbox would conveniently launch right in time for the holiday season in 2013.
            Just like I've been predicting for over a year now. XBox 720 will release around November of 2013 and will be shown at E3 2013, most definitely. PS4 is almost guaranteed to be out a year later to be shown at E3 2014.

Just to get you in a 'next gen' mood, take a look at this Crysis 3 tech demo. All of that is IN GAME.

Comment

It's believable that the Durango will come out next fall. Some games kinda lead it up to that point. Battlefield 3's last DLC comes out March 2013, Battlefield 4 has a beta coming out Fall of 2013. It's possible the BF4 will likely be on the Durango and not the 360 and that the beta is both a marketing scheme for Battlefield and the Durango. It's a like "Hey, if you liked the beta, pre-order the game for the Xbox Durango."

It's not a secret of the release dates for either console. Everybody knew the next xbox would come out between 2013-2014, for some 2013-2015.
              The only question was with the PS4, how serious is Sony when they say they don't wanna give the Xbox a gab like they did with the 360? Will Sony rush out the PS4 because of their monetary issues this year? Questions like that.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Any official news on this "No used games" stuff? I may be mistaken, but from what it seems it is mostly just rumors at this point. If this is true, I am just going to stick to PC gaming where I can buy games dirt cheap on Steam.
                sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                  Any official news on this "No used games" stuff? I may be mistaken, but from what it seems it is mostly just rumors at this point. If this is true, I am just going to stick to PC gaming where I can buy games dirt cheap on Steam.
                  As has been stated many times in this thread, I do believe something to prevent the use of used games is coming but I have absolutely no idea what form it will take. To me it all hinges on having an internet connection. Maybe 2013 is the year it becomes required.

Maybe Xbox and Sony will run their own digital distribution service, so long as they make 64 bit programs the standard and actually put some RAM into those darn consoles this time, we'll be fine.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X