Tony Scott dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Scott dies

Director Tony Scott, he directed one of my favorite shows wit his brother Ridley.... Has died.

He jumped off a bridge in LA.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s#.UDHgSd1mRFs

LOS ANGELES -- Tony Scott, director of blockbusters Top Gun and Days of Thunder, jumped to his death Sunday from the Vincent Thomas Bridge, authorities said.

CAPTIONBy Gus Ruelas, AP

According to the Associated Press, Scott, 68, climbed a fence on the bridge and jumped around 12:30 p.m. One report quoted a coroner's report that said Scott jumped "without hesitation."

U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn told the Daily Breeze that a suicide note was found inside Scott's black Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.

Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott's body in the port's murky waters. Divers recovered his body about 4:30pm.

Scott was director of Tom Cruise's Top Gun, as well as Beverly Hills Cop II and the remake of The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3.

Known for his trademark red baseball cap, the British-born Scott was the brother of director Ridley Scott, and the two shared producing credits on the CBS dramas The Good Wife and NUMB3RS.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Saw that as well. Sad that he couldn't cope with his demons, whatever they were. Top Gun and Days Of Thunder are two of my favorite movies.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Enemy of the State wasn't half bad either.

RIP
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Poor man. Poor family. Diagnosed with an inoperable brain cancer apparently.
        RIP.
        Last edited by Jaws; 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

sigh...Tony Scott

tis' a shame. rip Mr Red hat

Comment

Brain cancer.
            rip
            so unfortunate
            sigpic

Comment

As I said, I a big fan of him and his brother Sir Ridley. I decided to dedicate one of my fantasy football teams to him.
              http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhou...94495&teamId=6
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
              X