Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Vita

Does anyone own one of these?

I don't know much about them other than that it's supposed to be compatible with the PS3.

I read the new Madden you can play on the Vita against people on a PS3. So I wasn't sure if anyone has played any games on a Vita against users on a PS3.

It seems like it would have compatibility issues. I guess the Vita is supposed to have as good of graphics but it still seems like there would be an issue with that. I read the Vita version for Madden isn't using the new engine so how could it possibly be compatible with a PS3 user playing on the network with the new version?

I also wasn't sure how good the wi-fi connection is on these. Is it extremely laggy against PS3 users?

I actually wasn't going to pick up Madden on PS3 so the cross play thing doesn't really bother me. I'm not spending $100 for two copies of the game. However I was considering picking up a Vita with Madden to play when I'm not at home. For instance when visiting in-laws who share little to no interests of mine.

Also like the idea of being able to advance an online dynasty from anywhere and not having to wait till I get home. I would really love this feature for my current NCAA dynasty but unfortunately the game is not available on Vita yet. Maybe next year with the new engine.

Anyways does anyone have this system and can tell me if it's worth a pick up or not? $250 for the system plus Madden seems a bit steep though. I might could wait till 2013 for price drop. But I have $300 on trade in credit for Gamestop.
    sigpic

I got a Vita, not sure if Madden 13 is cross compatible this year though since it runs on the old engine. I love my Vita. I hardly played my PSP but have played my Vita a ton. Just waiting for more games that I like to come out.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
      I got a Vita, not sure if Madden 13 is cross compatible this year though since it runs on the old engine. I love my Vita. I hardly played my PSP but have played my Vita a ton. Just waiting for more games that I like to come out.
      See this is what I'm confused about. I don't see how it would be cross compatible. I know specifically I have been told it doesn't have the cross play where you pause on your PS3 and transfer to your Vita.

But I read on the Vita website that you are supposed to be able to play from your Vita against PS3 users. Without even owning the game on PS3. But like we both have said it doesn't seem like that would work with different engines.

If I'm unable to do a franchise with buddies it probably wouldn't be worth the buy.
      sigpic

Comment

Well I honestly can't even find the same link anymore that I found this morning. And reading more into it they are saying I can't play against PS3 users. So it would only by a franchise with Vita users. So I think I'm going to have to pass on it for now. Thanks for the help anyway though.
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe you confusing the cross buy ?
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

I've owned my PS Vita since it came out, it's easily the best portable gaming device on the market right now. Some games ARE and WILL be cross-play compatible, but I'm quite certain Madden 13 isn't one of them. There were rumors about that, but I can't see it happening since Madden 13 on the Vita is essentially Madden 12 with new rosters. That would be like Halo 1 and Halo 4 sharing servers.

It'll likely have the save transfer ability so you can play your PS3's franchise or career mode on the Vita. I can't see EA investing in a cross-play feature until they know the game is profitable on the Vita. Also, if you plan on getting a Vita I would wait for the Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation bundle featuring the new White PS Vita.

Vita is worth the pickup if you get the right games for it (I can list some), but yes, it is pretty expensive. You also have to buy a proprietary memory card just to play most games.

Comment

Working...
            X