No announcement yet.

Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was great in her small role in Being Human on Syfy. I watched the pilot just for her. I want to watch more so I guess it's a good thing.

Comment

just about to give this a watch.. we will see how it goes.

Comment

Lulz on small crossbows violently launching people backwards 10 feet.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
          Lulz on small crossbows violently launching people backwards 10 feet.
          you mean yours doesnt?

I was just about to start using them for grizzly bear hunting.

Comment

Little crossbows aside, I really like the show!
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

What do you guys think, 1 season and done, al la Terra Nova??
              sigpic

Comment

This blog is pretty funny on the pilot episode.

A Detailed Accounting of Every Crossbow Death in the Series Premiere of Revolution

Has pics and everything. First paragraph with the inhalers was funny.

"What would happen if the world lost electricity, the lifeblood of modern society? NBC's Revolution, which premiered last night to (surprisingly?) strong ratings, has the answers: Civilization would quickly collapse. People would start sawing cars in half and converting them into horse-drawn buggies. There would be an acute shortage of asthma inhalers.

And then we'd start murdering each other with crossbows."
                sigpic

Comment

Hilarious article.
                  hahaha

I can't wait to hear Bill Simmons talk about this on his podcast... he has to right?

Comment

I liked it but it wasn't epic like I expected.

Maybe because half of this episode has already been seen 100 times on the tailor since the spring. So we will see from here on out.

I could see it only lasting 1 season like Terra Nova but that wouldn't make it a bad show. Terra Nova was a great show with very high ratings. Fox was stupid for canceling it.

I also laughed at the crossbows being the new weapons of mass destruction.

Also the thing with the secret computers that look like a 1980's Apple computer seems eerily similar to Lost.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ammunition must be hard to find, especially post blackout. Expect for .50AE ammo, which was super common before the power outage, that's why ol' boy was popping his Desert Eagle like candy.

Also, the second to last scene, with the general in the tent(or was it a building?) with candles, the dudes outside have Eotech's for their rifle sights. Which only run off batteries....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                        Ammunition must be hard to find, especially post blackout. Expect for .50AE ammo, which was super common before the power outage, that's why ol' boy was popping his Desert Eagle like candy.

Also, the second to last scene, with the general in the tent(or was it a building?) with candles, the dudes outside have Eotech's for their rifle sights. Which only run off batteries....
                        Dont be so picky! Lol
                        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

It was fine. Most shows depend on great writing, and character development. If we like the characters, they got us! We'll see.

As for Tracy......not bad for a girl from the 'Peg! I'd share my crossbow with her.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            It was fine. Most shows depend on great writing, and character development. If we like the characters, they got us! We'll see.

As for Tracy......not bad for a girl from the 'Peg! I'd share my crossbow with her.
                            I would so spring for a couple of beers for her on a night out at the palamino!!

hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                              I would so spring for a couple of beers for her on a night out at the palamino!!

hahaha
                              My buddy and I performed a song there once, as part of a charity event. We won the lip sync contest with an old country song, "A Tear In My Beer". He played the son - looked just like him, and I drifted in, as the old man. Really fun.....and it was something I thought i'd never do.

Back to the important stuff.......Tracy. She's not only a cutie, but she's Greek, which means her family knows how to cook!!!!:thumb: I doubt that there's a Greek restaurant that I'd pass on at meal time. Gotta have some "chizburgers and cheeps, with a nice cold pipsi"!
                              Last edited by CanDB; 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

After the second episode I have to say I'm rather disappointed with this show. Probably had too high of expectations for it.

I still like the idea of the show and the story is ok. But man this cast is terrible.

None of them can act and the lines are very cheesy at times. Which only makes their bad acting even worse.

David Lyons was terrible in The Cape and is equally as bad in this. Not even sure why NBC gave him another big role.

Billy Burke and Tracey Spiridakos are also very bad in this and their chemistry on the show is way off.

Giancarlo Esposito is great in Breaking Bad but I don't like his character at all in this. I'm not so sure it's bad acting though. It may be either having an impression of him already as I'm currently watching Breaking bad or maybe just a terribly annoying role that he has to play.

My wife has already said she was sick of the show. I'm trying to stick it out to see if it gets better but I may not be far behind her on giving up with it.

A lot of it seems like a Lost repeat.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X