Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Series Of Books?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's Your Favorite Series Of Books?

    Mine are the Culpepper Adventures with Dunc and Amos, written by Gary Paulsen
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

  • #2
    I don't do much reading to be honest. It's not that I don't like to read, just not many books i'm interested in.
    As a kid I read every Goosebump book made. In high school I tried to read every Fear Street book made. Both series are from R.L Stine.

    I enjoy the Mass Effect novels and Halo Novels, outside of that, I don't really read.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • #3
      A song of ice and fire.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't have a favorite book series. My favorite book is probably 'The Deep' by Peter Benchley.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          The Night Angel Trilogy. (If you like fantasy books this series is amazing)

          The Author Brent Weeks is coming out with his next series of books now call the Lightbringer series (first book is The Black Prism) and he just released book 2 Gonna be honest Weeks quickly became one of my favorite authors, he develops his characters well and delivers the story in a very unique way.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              LOTR and The Chronicles of Narnia were my favorites growing up, i owe my love of fantasy to those books (and the star wars movies of course).
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't read novels in forever but when I was a kid I read most of Clive Cussler, Michael Crichton, Tom Clancy and John Grisham's books and some of Dean Koontz. Clive Cussler's books about the National Underwater and Marine Agency w/Dirk Pitt was my favorite 'series'.

                Favorite book of all-time though is The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                  The Night Angel Trilogy. (If you like fantasy books this series is amazing)

                  The Author Brent Weeks is coming out with his next series of books now call the Lightbringer series (first book is The Black Prism) and he just released book 2 Gonna be honest Weeks quickly became one of my favorite authors, he develops his characters well and delivers the story in a very unique way.
                  I'm going to have to check this out thanks!

                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  LOTR and The Chronicles of Narnia were my favorites growing up, i owe my love of fantasy to those books (and the star wars movies of course).
                  Same for me, growing up I read LOTR and Chronicles of narnia many many times, I also read pretty much every major star wars novel ever made and that's what started a lot of my early reading as a child.

                  My favorite series right now though is probably Wheel of Time, I also really liked the Eragon series (movie was utter garbage but the books were great and only got better as the series went on)

                  I also just finished the Old Man's War series and enjoy that a lot along with the Ender's game series of books.

                  I've been reading a ton of Sci-fi/fantasy lately but my problem is I'm running out of things to read until the final wheel of time book comes out. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread to see if I can find some other new series to go over.

                  oh and if it wasn't enough to make me nerdy that I read LOTR at least 20 times growing up and a few since thanks to the movies I spend a lot of my time playing Lord of the Rings Online
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    A song of ice and fire.
                    I think I would really really enjoy that series if it wasn't so freaking vulgar....I got midway through storm of swords and lost interest.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I think I would really really enjoy that series if it wasn't so freaking vulgar....I got midway through storm of swords and lost interest.
                      it has it's moments... though didn't you read a wheel of time.. there are some fairly scandalous parts to those novels as well as I recall. That being said Martin does tend to.. push things... a little far. heh ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        it has it's moments... though didn't you read a wheel of time.. there are some fairly scandalous parts to those novels as well as I recall. That being said Martin does tend to.. push things... a little far. heh ...
                        No wheel of time was totally PG...My beef with GoT is it is like the entire series was written by a horny virgin that has no real clue what sex is really about..... I dunno I keep telling myself I'll get back into it and everytime I start to I find something else to get into (like Enders game for example)
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My favorite series is Playboy :clap:
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cliff's Notes
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I'm going to have to check this out thanks!
                              Not a problem...warning though the first time I read through the Night Angel trilogy I realized a good way through book 2 that I had been reading for 14 hours and had missed literally every meal of the day haha. Glad my stomach growled eventually!!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X