Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts - Turtle Beach Gaming Headsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you use these turtle beach/triton headsets off the console? Like can you hook them up to your iPod/stereo/PC as well? Still thinking of something I want for xmas.

Comment

I have some and only the chat function works....Cant get the game to play threw them worked once the day i got them and never since (about 2 weeks) gonna change them or get them looked at.

Anybody know what it could be ?
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        can you use these turtle beach/triton headsets off the console? Like can you hook them up to your iPod/stereo/PC as well? Still thinking of something I want for xmas.
        Some of them are compatible with PC, but honestly for Ipod/Stereo ... there is better/cheaper headphones for listening pleasures.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
          I have some and only the chat function works....Cant get the game to play threw them worked once the day i got them and never since (about 2 weeks) gonna change them or get them looked at.

Anybody know what it could be ?
          not sure, you mention they worked one day and then not again so that would lead me to believe that it's not a "hook u p" issue but something wrong with the headphones.
          sigpic

Comment

Without knowing which model you're looking at looking at I'm assuming (yes I know what that stands for but I think the odds are on my side this time) that IF they use a USB connector or 3.5 mm jacks (the headset might come built with jacks that plug into an adapter using a male USB connector) they will work with your PC. As for your ipod you would need a 3.5 mm male connector on it to work. Then again...

You might get creative and get a usb female to 3.5 mm adapter in hopes of jerry rigging it to work.

Knowing that you are computer savvy I doubt I have given you any new information but I'm hoping that I might have reinforced your confidence enough to give it a try.

Keep in mind a few things:

1. I'm not sure how much difference you will get out of $150 headphones vs $40 ones on an ipod unless they go through an amp.

2. Make sure to find out if the impedance level on the headset is such that it can be powered by an ipod.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
              Some of them are compatible with PC, but honestly for Ipod/Stereo ... there is better/cheaper headphones for listening pleasures.
              Yes, but if I spend $100+ for something I want to be able to use it in more than one place.

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
              Without knowing which model you're looking at looking at I'm assuming (yes I know what that stands for but I think the odds are on my side this time) that IF they use a USB connector or 3.5 mm jacks (the headset might come built with jacks that plug into an adapter using a male USB connector) they will work with your PC. As for your ipod you would need a 3.5 mm male connector on it to work. Then again...

You might get creative and get a usb female to 3.5 mm adapter in hopes of jerry rigging it to work.

Knowing that you are computer savvy I doubt I have given you any new information but I'm hoping that I might have reinforced your confidence enough to give it a try.

Keep in mind a few things:

1. I'm not sure how much difference you will get out of $150 headphones vs $40 ones on an ipod unless they go through an amp.

2. Make sure to find out if the impedance level on the headset is such that it can be powered by an ipod.
              What did you call me??

Haha thanks for the info. I was worried mostly about using them for pc.

Comment

well I finally got to try out my new headphones last night .... I ended up getting the Official Sony Ps3 Wireless that were recommended.

http://store.sony.com/p/PS3-Wireless.../en/p/PS398085

GREAT DEAL!!! They sound amazing, very comfortable and light and the button control is easy. They are easy to get setup, literally plug and play! The only negative I can think of now is that the Mic is a bit "chinsey" ... it looks like it would break easily.

Overall for the price they can't be beat. They are wireless and have 7.1 Surround sound so they compare with some of the more expensive Turtle Beach sets.

Thanks to dandaman for the recommendation!!
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, but if I spend $100+ for something I want to be able to use it in more than one place.

What did you call me??

Haha thanks for the info. I was worried mostly about using them for pc.
                  they really are not worth it for music, unless you get bluetooth/wireless ones. the cords are SUPER long otherwise
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    they really are not worth it for music, unless you get bluetooth/wireless ones. the cords are SUPER long otherwise
                    Yeah I asked for some for xmas. Parents got me some cheaper turtle beach ones. They're poor I forgive them, but they're really nice anyway I'm amazed at how different everything sounds on Halo. I've never used a headset before it's a neat experience. You're right about the cords there's like 30 feet of wires it's ridiculous.

Would a sound processor like http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Surroun.../dp/B006W41X36 be something worth buying?

Comment

this is what I roll with
                      http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Tat.../dp/B004EDSBYQ

I like them, pretty good sound overall.

I use them for both my PC and my Xbox works great as a headset for both.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have one for ps3 thats just a headset type one but it has an auxillary plug in it so I plug my dre beat headphones in it and clip it to my shrit for the mic while im playing.. The sound pics up real good I can put it on the ground while playing and youd hear me perfect and I love the auxillary slot because you really cant go wrong playing COD with Dre beat headphones

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-d...r-force-pbt/45
                        Last edited by broncosking209; 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                          The only negative I can think of now is that the Mic is a bit "chinsey" ... it looks like it would break easily.

Thanks to dandaman for the recommendation!!
                          I've had mine now for almost a year and the mic has been fine, just make sure to slide it in when your not using it. With that said, I'm actually on my second PS3 headset. My dog actually chewed the mic part off a few days after I got it, which is weird because he never chews anything. I bought a new one and make sure to put it up every time now. The old one actually still works for sound, it's just the mic that doesn't function now. My girlfriend uses it sometimes to watch Netflix when I'm trying to sleep.

You picked a good headset though. I haven't had any problems with mine and it's well worth the 100$.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                            I've had mine now for almost a year and the mic has been fine, just make sure to slide it in when your not using it. With that said, I'm actually on my second PS3 headset. My dog actually chewed the mic part off a few days after I got it, which is weird because he never chews anything. I bought a new one and make sure to put it up every time now. The old one actually still works for sound, it's just the mic that doesn't function now. My girlfriend uses it sometimes to watch Netflix when I'm trying to sleep. You picked a good headset though. I haven't had any problems with mine and it's well worth the 100$.
                            Funny you say that, the other night the kids and wife were sleeping and I threw a movie in the Ps3 ... the sound on the TV was so low I could barely hear it, then I thought about it "Why am I not using my headset??" ... boom I turned it on and it was AWESOME!!!! Surround sound right in my ears and pure quietness for everyone else!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X