Planetside 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetside 2

Hey has anyone checked this out? It's a massively multiplayer FPS game for PC. I haven't had time to play but I've been meaning to since my friend reccomended it to me. He said the battles are intense and they can be the same fight for days you just jump on and go at it.

http://www.planetside2.com/

http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/...iscussion_id=0

Oh yeah it's totally free! Nothing to buy and no sub, and supposedly the servers are fine.

I played often during beta, you have to have a really good CPU to not get garbage framerate. It is extremely fun it's like Battlefield 2142 on a much more massive scale but the framerates are somewhat unbearable on my pc.

I can play everygame on max settings except this one, even on lowest settings my cpu bottleknecks me. I haven't played it since it came out of beta but I'm probably going to give it another go tonight to see if it improved.
    sigpic

Comment

if i had a crazy good pc i would totally get it
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
        if i had a crazy good pc i would totally get it
        It doesn't even really need a "crazy good pc" just a decent CPU...if my CPU was better I could run it no problem I have a AMD Phenom II 925 x4 Black Edition and it aparently "isn't a good enough cpu..." it runs everything else great at full graphics setting just not this game. Something to do with the massive amounts of objects on the screen at once and SoE's continuing inablity to properly optimize a game. It's something they are actually rather notorious of...SWG still runs like crap on a pc that's far better than minimum requirements (or at least it did when i played it prior to it shutting down)

If you have an mid-level pc with a decent CPU then you'd be fine.

What I'm currently running is
        CPU: AMD Phenom II 925 x4 Black Edition
        Ram: 12GB DDR3 ram
        Video Card: Geforce GTX 570
        Last edited by Freyaka; 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I have to run d3 almost everything on low or off same with minecraft that should tell you all you need about my pc
          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Anyone who has framerate issues should read this
            http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...s-guide.55017/

I followed the steps and went from 20fps on average to 60fps the cpu unparking really made a big difference.
            sigpic

Comment

Played really nice on my 3.6ghz 8-core for about 8 minutes before the servers went down for maintenance.

They'll be back later, and they're having double xp throughout the holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                Played really nice on my 3.6ghz 8-core for about 8 minutes before the servers went down for maintenance.

They'll be back later, and they're having double xp throughout the holiday season.
                What server you on? I'll create a character on that one. I've been trying to go on the low population servers just because A. better bonus's B. less lag.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  What server you on? I'll create a character on that one. I've been trying to go on the low population servers just because A. better bonus's B. less lag.
                  Waterson, and whatever the blue guys are. No lag at all got up to level 8 or so.

Idk though, I play some more tonight and I may have actually had my fill. I cleaned house with the sniper for a while. I'm not great at any other class and medic/engineer are too boring to follow people around. I just kind of felt the whole thing was futile. Like space COD where no one wins.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                    Waterson, and whatever the blue guys are. No lag at all got up to level 8 or so.

Idk though, I play some more tonight and I may have actually had my fill. I cleaned house with the sniper for a while. I'm not great at any other class and medic/engineer are too boring to follow people around. I just kind of felt the whole thing was futile. Like space COD where no one wins.
                    That's because you are the blue team. on my server the purple team is where it's at!
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually got on a really good run today and had like a 6.0 kdr it was a good 30 minutes before I died for the first time. I love being an engi and riding around as a tank top gunner I get a ton of points off repairs and tank kills.
                      sigpic

Comment

i have it on my HD but haven't really tried it too much.

Comment

I played for 20-30 minutes before I went christmas shopping tonight and didn't kill a single person.

Waterson seems like a good server. Blue and Purple get big bonuses because it's really heavy red team. I guess a lot of the servers are like that probably.

Comment

Bump, anyone still playing this? I love this game, I've gotten really into it I'm a Vanu on Mattherson I'm in a fantastic outfit http://band-of-bros.enjin.com/home we focus on being very tactical and organized and it's a blast.

If you've played the game previously and just didn't really care for it YOU HAVE TO BE IN A SQUAD. It's way more fun to be in a squad and follow orders, it's even better to join a solid outfit (clan essentially) who knows what they are doing.

If anyone wants my name on Mattherson is Freyaka (obviously)
                            sigpic

Comment

If anyone hasn't joined planetside 2 but is interested do me a favor, join through this link
                              https://recruit.soe.com/recruit/smla...Q&gamecode=PS2 I want some rewards (and by the way you also get rewards for joining through my link)
                              Last edited by Freyaka; 07-20-2013, 10:38 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X