Jade Empire 2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade Empire 2???

Back in 2011 the co-founders of Bioware said that we may see something from the JE universe in the near future. It's now 2013 and with Mass Effect finished (for now) and with DA3 nearing completion (I assume) it would make sense to go back to the Jade Empire and get somewhat of a fresh start. Plus I feel like they can (or may have already) make the game without people knowing and that'll help Bioware help get away from the influence of the masses.

Well Dragon Age 3's completion is as complete as the new consoles coming out. Bioware confirmed that the game will be on the Durango and Orbis(code names for the Xbox and PS4)

As for Mass Effect Bioware also confirmed a new Mass Effect that will be using the Frostbite 2 engine. They kinda leaked out that they plan on 2 different ME games, one that takes place in the ME universe but doesn't have a direct connection to Shepard, and one that could be a Mass Effect 4 or Mass Effect prequel.

As for Jade, I do recall them bringing it up. Rather it will be a sequel to the original xbox game or a remake/prequel, is unknown for now. Sure I can search the web for more information.

I actually didn't play the xbox original Jade Empire, it is on the 360 market place. If my eyes don't mind the set back in graphics, I might buy it to see what it's about.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Did a quick search, found this:
      On January 2007 BioWare staff stated there were no plans to develop Jade Empire 2. However, BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk stated in September 2011 that "It's an IP, it's a setting that we're really passionate about, and we still are. Both Greg and I were big believers in the IP... We're just looking for the right way to deploy it." In 2009, GamesRadar included Jade Empire among the games "with untapped franchise potential", commenting: "The original game had all the trappings of franchise material with engrossing characters, magnificent settings, and a unique take on martial arts-fueled RPG combat. But until hard evidence of a sequel’s existence materializes, we’ll continue yearning for BioWare’s one-off hit to attain franchise status."
      The thing about this is, last year Dr. Muzyka and Zeschuk have both left Bioware and are "retired" from the gaming business.

Everything else I saw, was just Bioware teasing the possibility and fan made threads on Bioware's forum.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I didn't know that they retired, I guess that kind of darkens my dream. But I don't think the new ME games will come out for awhile. I'd recommend getting it, the story is great and the characters are deep. The Black Whirlwind is awesome. I don't think the graphics will detract too much from the overall experience of the game.

Comment

Sorry, but it's not happening. The co-founders of Bioware stepped down several months ago. Whatever they were planning probably blew away with the wind. Besides, they already started development on the next ME game which will be next gen for sure, plus Dragon Age 3.

Although, they do have multiple teams working on different projects at a time. I think it's highly unlikely, though.

Comment

I'm not even advocating an direct sequel to Jade Empire, but something with the central idea of JE. A martial arts RPG off in the far east isn't something that has been done very much in the gaming world and there's a lot of potential for it imo.

Comment

I don't think it's impossible, I just don't see it happening in a while. Anything is possible in gaming and no RPG franchise last forever. Bioware might need a new IP in a few years, they can't rely on Mass Effect forever.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Mass Effect is getting pretty tired imo. Each installment is more shooter than rpg. I never even go through 3. Dragon Age too for that matter. DA3 will probably just be straight hack and slash. BioWare's forumula for making RPGs is to keep pumping them out and strip down the rpg elements.

Jade Empire would be really fresh, one of my favorites. Still have it up on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Mass Effect is getting pretty tired imo. Each installment is more shooter than rpg. I never even go through 3. Dragon Age too for that matter. DA3 will probably just be straight hack and slash. BioWare's forumula for making RPGs is to keep pumping them out and strip down the rpg elements.

Jade Empire would be really fresh, one of my favorites. Still have it up on the shelf.
                  Dragon Age 3 won't be hack and slash unless you want it that they. Bioware made it clear when they first started talking about the game that they don't want 3 to be like 2, but be a combination of Origins and 2. They said you will have the ability to switch between a Origins like fight mechanic or DAII fight mechanic, or a 3rd type that is like DAII, but not just one button.

The formula isn't even Bioware, it's EA. EA kills RPG's, Bioware denies that they have falling victim to the "EA bear hug". But when you compare Mass Effect 1 with Microsoft, with 2 and 3, the RPG elements of the game vanished.

Dragon Age Origins was already being worked up before they signed with EA. It was finished in time to have EA's name on it and not their RPG killing ability.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                  X