Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path Of Exile

http://www.pathofexile.com/

its a completely free to play PC game that just came out. its an action role playing game that's a lot like the diablo games except its a persistent world with other players in it at all times with PVP (at least i think so by reading about it lol).

i still don't know a lot about it as i just started playing but it definitely is worth downloading and trying out if you are a fan of those type of games.

the skill "tree" if that's what you want to call it, is pretty crazy.

those pics don't really do it justice, you have to see it. the graphics are pretty decent for a game like that too (that is free) and the art style is very dark and gritty.

one thing i will say is the UI, character selection, and many other things are very much like diablo so if you have a problem with that you may not like it.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-31-2013, 05:26 PM.
    sigpic

I've been playing since closed beta. About six months or so. You're technically incorrect about the persisent world with PvP anywhere, anytime. They are planning on having a ladder like that one in the future where you will always see other random players and you will be able to kill them and take their gear. Presently, it's set up as you only see yourself unless you are in a party, all the zones are instanced.

It's a very good ARPG, has much better itemization than Diablo 3, and very high quality for a F2P game. It's also not 'pay to win' in any way, all the microtransactions are cosmetic items, extra character slots, and extra stash tabs. I think anyone remotely interested in dungeon crawlers/ARPGs should download the game and give it a shot. No investment to lose except for time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
      I've been playing since closed beta. About six months or so. You're technically incorrect about the persisent world with PvP anywhere, anytime. They are planning on having a ladder like that one in the future where you will always see other random players and you will be able to kill them and take their gear. Presently, it's set up as you only see yourself unless you are in a party, all the zones are instanced.

It's a very good ARPG, has much better itemization than Diablo 3, and very high quality for a F2P game. It's also not 'pay to win' in any way, all the microtransactions are cosmetic items, extra character slots, and extra stash tabs. I think anyone remotely interested in dungeon crawlers/ARPGs should download the game and give it a shot. No investment to lose except for time.
      That's really good to hear. I'm going to check it out. Sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post

yeah, that's what i thought it was from reading about it, i didn't really know a lot about it at the time, i still don't lol

i am still having fun with it though.
        sigpic

Comment

Game is really great. Generally when playing games with an experienced based leveling system, I often find myself looking down at the experience bar just waiting to level up. This game is different, I don't pay attention to it all and levels just fly by.

Comment

another thing i will say about this game is its a lot less forgiving than diablo 3. many people liked D2 because it was less forgiving and the decisions you made mattered, because the decisions you made for stat allocations and skills were permanent.

for the most part that's how path of exile is except you get a few point respecs, which means you can respec an individual point or two but your build as a whole is permanent.

ive already had to re-roll once because i went all offense, that was a mistake! LOL

for a truly free game, path of exile is pretty bad ass so far i must say.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X