Crysis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis 3

Comes out in less than 20 days. If you pre-ordered it you get a lot of stuff for $60, including a free copy of the first Crysis game, which was originally only for PC, and became available for purchase on marketplace last year.

I think this game deserves it's own thread just like BF3, CoD, and Halo. In my opinion the Crysis series is the 2nd best FPS series in terms of being an all around package. Very good story, amazing graphics, good balanced multiplayer, gives you your moneys worth.

Kinda surprised Amari didn't make a Crysis thread. He's the biggest Crysis fan on the forum.

This game completely cancelled my previous video game plans. I was gonna buy Black Ops II, then I started seeing videos of this and the open beta is on marketplace for those that wanna try it. So I pre-order Crysis 3, might rebuy Crysis 2, just to play through it again and have a better understanding of the story since 3 will come with 1.

Am I the only person excited for this game?
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I won't get it just because I'm pretty strapped but it looks great. Downloaded the open beta but haven't tried her yet.

If I do play it, it will be on PC, just to see what my rig can do. I didn't really like Crysis 2 that much, story was meh and it didn't really push the envelope like 1 did in its time. This one looks to be getting back on track.

Why does every game need a bow now? :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      I won't get it just because I'm pretty strapped but it looks great. Downloaded the open beta but haven't tried her yet.

If I do play it, it will be on PC, just to see what my rig can do. I didn't really like Crysis 2 that much, story was meh and it didn't really push the envelope like 1 did in its time. This one looks to be getting back on track.

Why does every game need a bow now? :doh:
      I think Crysis 2 was more so a $60 beta for Crysis 3. They wanted to see how the game would play on consoles, see the feed back, see if anyone would even be interested in getting the game.

To me the biggest issues in Crysis 2 was PVP connection, and the community. But that's just about all MP games, the community is always crappy.

As far as bows go, I think it's stupid. It's the 21 century, why are bows in modern shooters? I'm sure Crysis 3 actually has some back story as to why they are using bows, but BF3 just threw it in just to throw it in. CoD added it just to add it, but very few people used it....at least from what I noticed.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

This game is going to need some huge improvements before it comes out or it's going to flop hard. The beta straight up sucks. Graphics are bad, guns are terrible (looks, sounds, performance). I was really really dissapointed with the couple games I played, even the ones I did well in. At one point I got in this huge mech thing and was like "this is going to rock" but no, it was slow and boring, and not even half as satisfying as the mantis.

The graphics were the biggest surprise, maybe it's just proof that the consoles are at the end of their rope or something but they are bad. Jagged edges all over the place. IMO they are not even as good as Crysis 2. I hope it's just the beta, but it looks like everything that's gonna be in the game is in it. Sniper rifle was pointless, the only worthwhile gun is the assault rifle, even the shotgun was iffy.

The sticks are really weird too, like super loose I guess would be the way to put it, but not like a sensitivity thing. Crysis 2 def didn't seem like that. I'm going to hope that these issues are beta related, but I'm going to chalk it up to EA destroying another franchise until I see more proof.

Anyway, I hope there's a demo for the single player campaign later.

Comment

This game is going to need some huge improvements before it comes out or it's going to flop hard. The beta straight up sucks. Graphics are bad, guns are terrible (looks, sounds, performance). I was really really dissapointed with the couple games I played, even the ones I did well in. At one point I got in this huge mech thing and was like "this is going to rock" but no, it was slow and boring, and not even half as satisfying as the mantis.

The graphics were the biggest surprise, maybe it's just proof that the consoles are at the end of their rope or something but they are bad. Jagged edges all over the place. IMO they are not even as good as Crysis 2. I hope it's just the beta, but it looks like everything that's gonna be in the game is in it. Sniper rifle was pointless, the only worthwhile gun is the assault rifle, even the shotgun was iffy.

The sticks are really weird too, like super loose I guess would be the way to put it, but not like a sensitivity thing. Crysis 2 def didn't seem like that. I'm going to hope that these issues are beta related, but I'm going to chalk it up to EA destroying another franchise until I see more proof.

Anyway, I hope there's a demo for the single player campaign later.
          Eh, I'm sure it's only like that in the beta. You gotta remember these betas are old. We get the same demo people played at E3 last year. If the shotgun sucks, then good I'll like that because I don't think shotguns should be in shooters anyway unless they can balance it out like Halo.

Really don't care about mechs, I think Devs should stop putting them in games. Especially 343 because the mantis is seemingly made of paper.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Haven't played any game in the Crysis series. I wanted Crysis 2 but I just never got around to buying it

Comment

Finally got the time to play the beta, but only played one game.

Based off the beta the hit detection is pretty bad, I fail to understand why this game doesn't have dedicated servers, I don't like when games have one hit melee from the front. The back is fair game, but from the front is pretty silly. I only saw the mech once, didn't get in it but it did kill me. Went 18-12 in the only game I played, I suppose that's alright for a first game. Did finish second place in the game

I like that at the end of the game, they show a mini montage of your best kills.
              I wish they had selected better game modes, I didn't play hunter mode yet. I'll try it tonight, but I didn't like crash site in Crysis 2, don't like it in 3.

Graphics and mechanics wise, it looks and feels like a better. There is words in red at the bottom of the screen saying all things are subject to change in the actually game release.

I recall the Crysis 2 beta not looking all that good.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I haven't played the beta since I stopped paying for Live but the MP looked pretty fun actually. The Hunter mode is what caught my eye as I was watching gameplay of it.

I'm quite certain the bow is exclusive to Prophet. He uses it by going into maximum strength and drawing, therefore it isn't a normal bow that anyone could pickup and use. It's very high tech, very heavy, and fits the predator theme of the game. Turok and RAGE have really been the only FPS's that encouraged me to use a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  I haven't played the beta since I stopped paying for Live but the MP looked pretty fun actually. The Hunter mode is what caught my eye as I was watching gameplay of it.

I'm quite certain the bow is exclusive to Prophet. He uses it by going into maximum strength and drawing, therefore it isn't a normal bow that anyone could pickup and use. It's very high tech, very heavy, and fits the predator theme of the game. Turok and RAGE have really been the only FPS's that encouraged me to use a bow.
                  The bow was pretty much the only projectile weapon I used in Far Cry 3. It didn't have anything on Turok's bow though.

I really wanted you to play it to see what you thought of it. I played a couple more games late last night and man, I just think it's horrible. The assault rifle is literally the only weapon worth using. It kills faster than the LMG with less kick. Not to mention the magazine size of the LMG doesn't really matter when you can just throw armor on and reload. Melee is mentally deficient, too.

I'll have to see the final game, hope it's a lot different.

Comment

The one game I played, I used the sniper rifle. Seemed great other than some of the bullet lag.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Played some more tonight. I'm doing good at it, the weapons do seem balanced. Aside from one hit melee from the front, the biggest issue to me is connection. I don't understand why this game isn't on dedicated servers. PVP is old and unbalanced. That's pissing me off when I play the beta. I be shooting someone or smack someone they don't die. Then the kill cam shows either I wasn't even shooting, didn't hit him, he fired first, or he been moved before I even touched him.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        Played some more tonight. I'm doing good at it, the weapons do seem balanced. Aside from one hit melee from the front, the biggest issue to me is connection. I don't understand why this game isn't on dedicated servers. PVP is old and unbalanced. That's pissing me off when I play the beta. I be shooting someone or smack someone they don't die. Then the kill cam shows either I wasn't even shooting, didn't hit him, he fired first, or he been moved before I even touched him.
                        The cost of operation for dedicated servers is epic in comparison to running a player host system. This is EA we're talking about. Minimum cost, maximum profit or they don't put their name on it.

Comment

The cost of operation for dedicated servers is epic in comparison to running a player host system. This is EA we're talking about. Minimum cost, maximum profit or they don't put their name on it.
                          Yeah it's EA, the same company whose baby has probably the best dedicated servers on the planet..Battlefield. The cost isn't even as high if you actually put that damn online pass code money towards the servers. Homefront was a brand new IP, it was THQ the poorer of the big name publishers. Yet Homefront had dedicated servers, they was crappy servers. But they still had dedicated servers.

Epic Games noticed that Gears Of War 2 was unbalanced because of PVP. Gears 2 connect was so bad, whoever was host might as well been god. So Epic added dedicated servers to Gears 3. Now Epic was smart, since they didn't do online pass codes like Battlefield and Homefront. They divided the servers. First when the game came out, the only way you could play on dedicated servers was if you played rank matches. Unrank was PVP but Epic fixed the connection to a point where host didn't have a major advance.

Only one game can get away without having dedicated servers and that Halo. Only because just like with EA Microsoft takes care of it's baby, but instead of dedicated servers, Halo just have really good connections. I can play any Halo with a red bar fine. But if I play with a red bar in CoD, I can't move.

At least Treyarch came out and admitted why none of their CoD games have dedicated servers. Activision doesn't wanna pay for it. Activision is so cheap, they don't wanna give it's baby either really good hit detection for PVP or dedicated servers.

Crysis is in the same boat as Cod and the same boat Gears used to be in. If you aren't host, if host isn't on your team, or if you don't have a really good connection...you are at a large disadvantage. In that disadvantage takes away a skill based game. A game can't be skill based if it's based on who has a better connection.

I have a good awful connection, but in BF(any BF game) I can have the worst connection on earth, but still be on the same level as someone with Fios.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

This is gonna be one of those games where leveling up matters. I noticed that I'm dying vs people that have a certain weapon unlocked, but killing people that don't have a certain weapon unlocked.

I just played one last game before bed, went 21-9 using the 2nd assault rifle that you unlock. The first one is terrible by the way. Was going on 4-5 kill streaks over and over, but couldn't go pass that because some butt pirate was camping cloaked with the predator bow the entire game. It was a really close game too, 110 to 90. The last crash site gave up the win because we was down with 15 seconds left.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The bow was pretty much the only projectile weapon I used in Far Cry 3. It didn't have anything on Turok's bow though.

I really wanted you to play it to see what you thought of it. I played a couple more games late last night and man, I just think it's horrible. The assault rifle is literally the only weapon worth using. It kills faster than the LMG with less kick. Not to mention the magazine size of the LMG doesn't really matter when you can just throw armor on and reload. Melee is mentally deficient, too.

I'll have to see the final game, hope it's a lot different.
                              I've decided to download the beta on my PS3 and play it on there. Killzone is the only FPS I play on the PS3 so I'm not expecting to be any good, but at the very least I'll be able to give my thoughts on the beta, assuming the PS3 beta is the same as the 360.

EDIT: Just played my first match -- Crash Site/Museum. I kept it simple and went with the assault class. The AR was pretty inconsistent. The recoil flew all over the place and was pretty much worthless for any kind of long distance kills, or if your target decided to move or activate armor mode.

The sniper is useless as well. It takes a minimum two shots if you're lucky, and the players move around way too fast to even get a good shot in. It's a campaign weapon above all else and doesn't work for a game like Crysis (online) IMO.

The graphics looked muddy and washed out but it's a MP beta. I guarantee they'll look better in the final game, especially the SP graphics.
                              Last edited by Amari24; 02-02-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X