No announcement yet.

Crysis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the sniping in Crysis 3...well the beta at less. It prevents people from being able to quick scope and promotes being accurate. When I used it I was getting 1 hit kill heads shots, but if I shot anywhere else on the body it took 3-4 shots. If it took more than that, I was dead.

The first assault rifle you unlock it garbage, but the feline is good and the 2nd AR you unlock which kinda preforms like the AN-94. The shotgun in this game to me plays like the shotgun in Halo. One hit close range, 2-3 med-close, useless beyond that.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The more and more I play this demo, the less and less I want to buy the full game. It's starting to lose it's fun factor now. Either the bow is terrible or the connection with this game is so bad that I can be standing behind someone shooting arrows and not get a kill. Now every game I get into has a host migration, and if I see another kill cam where it shows I'm not shooting and the other person filled me up with lead, while before hand on my screen I put 20 bullets before he even noticed my presents...I'm gonna plant C4 on everything crytek.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        The more and more I play this demo, the less and less I want to buy the full game. It's starting to lose it's fun factor now. Either the bow is terrible or the connection with this game is so bad that I can be standing behind someone shooting arrows and not get a kill. Now every game I get into has a host migration, and if I see another kill cam where it shows I'm not shooting and the other person filled me up with lead, while before hand on my screen I put 20 bullets before he even noticed my presents...I'm gonna plant C4 on everything crytek.
        I got in a game where the whole team was just cloaking and meleeing. I decided that was my last game.

Comment

Can anybody enlighten me on the Crysis series and whether the newest game is worth buying?

And would you recommend playing the series in order? This is what I normally do, unless the stories aren't connected.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            Can anybody enlighten me on the Crysis series and whether the newest game is worth buying?

And would you recommend playing the series in order? This is what I normally do, unless the stories aren't connected.
            I would play them in order for sure. When it came out, Crysis set the standard for graphics and physics in games (mostly because you needed a powerful PC to play them). You play a super-soldier with a suit that can do a lot of different things, and the enemies vary. 1 and 2 had great campaigns, and I would expect 3 not to dissapoint. I just wasn't happy with the multiplayer beta.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              I got in a game where the whole team was just cloaking and meleeing. I decided that was my last game.
              This wasn't an issue in Crysis 2. People spent a lot of time cloaked but not a lot. Mostly people only cloaked when they was low on heath in Crysis 2. Crysis 3 everybody is walking around cloaked on both teams. 2-3 people using the bow, 3 sitting in corners. Also I fail to understand why they picked crash site for the demo. People wanna play TDM. In since that's what they want, you end up in lobbies where nobody is going to the crash sites, just looking for kills.

A game I played tonight, a dude went 24-8 but his team lost 200 to 10.

If you really wanna try the series, I recommend pre-ordering Crysis 3. That way you get Crysis 1 for free...or you can wait till 3 price drops. Pick up 2 for $19 and buy 1 off marketplace for $20. Crysis is a campaign first game. Crytek doesn't really do well with MP's. They are decent but never above that. It's literally like the opposite of CoD. Nobody buys Call Of Duty for it's story, they buy it for MP. Nobody buys Crysis for it's MP, they buy it for it's story. At the end of the day, it depends on money and your interest. Watch some videos on the series, newest game and download the demo.

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              I would play them in order for sure. When it came out, Crysis set the standard for graphics and physics in games (mostly because you needed a powerful PC to play them). You play a super-soldier with a suit that can do a lot of different things, and the enemies vary. 1 and 2 had great campaigns, and I would expect 3 not to dissapoint. I just wasn't happy with the multiplayer beta.
              Pretty much this.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The Crysis series is all about the good SP campaign and in that regard, Crysis 1 and 2 are certainly worth buying. Crysis 3 looks like a good combination of both as Crysis 1 was open world and Crysis 2 was a corridor shooter.

You actually don't have to play Crysis 1 to understand the story. Just playing through Crysis 2 should be sufficient as Crysis 2 was lightly a reboot and it barely follows the first game due to Crytek bringing in a new writer. Although, Crysis 1 is a very good game so don't let me stop you from experiencing it.

Gameplay-wise, you're equiped with the sexy 'Nanosuit' which allows you to access super speed, strength, cloaking, and increased armor all on the fly. This makes for great stealth and fun gun fights.

With the addition of the bow in Crysis 3, stalking enemies while cloaked will be even more fun.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded, I just preordered the game today. :thumb:
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded, I just preordered the game today. :thumb:
                    Again if you haven't already, I recommend downloading the demo. Just to be sure you might like the multiplayer or not. Everything is subject to change, the bases of the game is in place.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Again if you haven't already, I recommend downloading the demo. Just to be sure you might like the multiplayer or not. Everything is subject to change, the bases of the game is in place.
                      I'm buying it for the campaign, if I enjoy the multiplayer that's a bonus... and also downloading the demo would require me to clear space and I'm lazy
                      Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Working...
                      X