No announcement yet.

God made a farmer......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all would appear to be in the minority. We took a poll in one of our classes to who remember what it was for -- over 75% of the class knew what it was about.

Most watched the commercial wondering... "what the hell is this product/service going to be"....then when they figured it out at the end...it stuck with them....regardless if they liked it or not.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Y'all would appear to be in the minority. We took a poll in one of our classes to who remember what it was for -- over 75% of the class knew what it was about.

Most watched the commercial wondering... "what the hell is this product/service going to be"....then when they figured it out at the end...it stuck with them....regardless if they liked it or not.
      If you don't mind me asking how was the poll taken??

Was it if you remember raise your hands
      did everyone right what it was for on a card and turn it in??

The only reason I ask is because it is easy to raise your hand if you don't know if you don't want to be one of those who didnt remember lol. But yes I couldn't remember what it was for but I do remember the commerical.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        If you don't mind me asking how was the poll taken??

Was it if you remember raise your hands
        did everyone right what it was for on a card and turn it in??

The only reason I ask is because it is easy to raise your hand if you don't know if you don't want to be one of those who didnt remember lol. But yes I couldn't remember what it was for but I do remember the commerical.
        it was iclicker -- 5 options -- so anonymous - so it could be a little flawed with guessing...but still over 75% got it
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
          it was iclicker -- 5 options -- so anonymous - so it could be a little flawed with guessing...but still over 75% got it
          Yup I would be in the minority unless the options were no other options that were trucks I might have gotten it lol. But not going to lie I couldn't have told you what that commerical was about. But I notice that in a lot of commericals that sometimes they try to do something and it doesn't do enough for what it is about and they try to get people talking about it. Problem is the product sometimes you can't remember what it was.

I remember here at work we mentioned the baby one from a different plant, and we almost couldn't remember what it was for until I remembered wheels on the bus.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Anybody have any idea what recording/audio setting would allow for that vocal effect?

I love the sound of speeches like this and I'm sure the sound is easy to replicate
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
              Anybody have any idea what recording/audio setting would allow for that vocal effect?

I love the sound of speeches like this and I'm sure the sound is easy to replicate
              It was taken from an actual speech made by Paul Harvey back in 1978.

There is no mystery tothe demographic Ram Dodge targets.

A lot of the "heartland" are big football fans, and they tune in. That is for certain.

Dodge Ram tough has been targeting that market (the square states) for ever.

The imagery combined with a powerful speech from someone that had an obvious silver tongue, caused a lot of water cooler talking.

Comment

The top selling vehicle in NM is the Ford F-150. There are probably several other states where this is also the case. I think Ram did a good job with their target demographic, especially if the Super Bowl ad is compared to Ford and Chevy truck ads on TV. With pickup trucks, it's all about attitude and image identity ... , and slipping and sliding all over an icy mountain road.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It's all about shock value with the godaddy commercials I think.... You'll remember whatever shocks you. To be honest it is the only commercial I recall this year, pretty sad when that was the only reason I tuned in at all... Maybe I wasn't even paying attention to the commercials. Once the lights went out, it was pretty all over with my interest.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                    this is how i feel, i honestly tuned out this commercial.

too long, too boring, no motion, too much talking, forgot what the actual product was until you said dodge just this instant
                    I agree with you. It killed commercial momentum like the power outage. Way too long and boring for a Superbowl commercial. Now if it was on the History Channel or during a regular program it would be cool. As I was watching it, I thought it was an Instagram commercial refusing to get to the point. Then I saw the truck and it all made sense.

Comment

I thought it was the best commerical. It is always better to say why you need that produt that the what.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked the Doritos goat. When it screamed, had me rolling.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                          Best commercial.

Lol all this discussion and noone even points out that this link is not the correct link to the commercial shown during the Super Bowl?

I had the tv on silent and I still knew as soon as I played it that this was incorrect. Go to YouTube and search it. The correct link says official dodge ram commercial for the Super Bowl.

I would post but I'm on my phone and don't want to mess with it. It was an alright commercial. Far from the best though.
                          I would say it didn't make that great of an impression though if all of you didn't even realize this isn't the correct commercial.

Or you just didn't rewatch this.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought life on the farm was kinda laid back. Nothin' a country boy can't hack.
                            sigpic

Comment

Best commercial was the Budweiser commercial with the horse and the trainer. Never thought a commercial could hit you in the gut that hard. The M & M one was pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                                Best commercial.

I agree. As soon as the commercial ended, I tweeted that it was the best so far and got confused replies.

I don't even care that it was for Dodge or anything like that. Budweiser has been making their "Salute to the Military" commercials for a while now that run during the SB and normally they're really awesome. They're also longer and boring etc if you want to get technical like some people have...but you remember them and it's for something meaningful.

They failed this year using Oprah to talk about the troops. I was pissed off through that whole commercial.

Anyway, I thought it was great that someone was finally taking the time to acknowledge the farming community and how important it is to everyone.

In the midst of all the annoying ads like the Geico pig and other crap, this one was the best.

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                                No no, just go watch the Go Daddy commercial if you want to see how to not make a commercial.
                                I think that takes the case as the worst one. It was disgusting. Not because they had the kid kissing Bar (Bahr? whatever), but you know they purposely made sure they had that sound increased...which was gross.

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                                old people dancing
                                The Taco Bell one was awesome too... I liked the end where they're walking back and tatted old man throws his jacket over his shoulder and you can see his new tat under his suspenders hahaha.

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                                See I remember the commerical but I didn't remember what it was for.

Go Daddy I remembered the commerical and that it was Go Daddy.
                                Doesn't really matter for me... like I said above, the Dodge commercial chose to finally acknowledge the people that are more likely to buy their product...and acknowledge that their life is not all easy or 9-5 behind a desk etc.

GoDaddy just needs to stop. Especially since they are pro government control of the internet.
                                sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                                X