Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A&E's Bates Motel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A&E's Bates Motel

    Oh man. Wow! Just finished the pilot episode. Did anyone else see this?

    It's about Norma and Norman Bates when they first buy the house and hotel.

    (For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about its the beginning for the movie Psycho. A movie legend)

    First episode was awesome. And the trailer at the end for the rest of the season looks amazing.

    Can't wait for next weeks episode.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Really? Noone else watched or is interested in this.

    Tough crowd. Just never know what will be a hit around here.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I've got it DVR'd so I can watch it tonight ... Glad to hear though that it was good, I was hoping it would be but had my doubts.

      :thumb:
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Watched it a couple days ago on demand and loved it. Can't wait for the new episode tonight.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Really? Noone else watched or is interested in this.

          Tough crowd. Just never know what will be a hit around here.
          I have zero interest. Just as I have zero interest in "Hannibal".

          If TV Networks want me to watch, they should come up with original ideas rather than piggybacking on others.

          I love Psycho and I love the Hannibal Lecter Series (with the exception being Hannibal Rising). However, I have zero interest in these shows.
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

          Comment


          • #6
            Great show. I really like it so far. I was a little confused at first when he was listening to an ipod, but then I realized it's set in modern time haha.
            sigpic


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
              I have zero interest. Just as I have zero interest in "Hannibal".

              If TV Networks want me to watch, they should come up with original ideas rather than piggybacking on others.

              I love Psycho and I love the Hannibal Lecter Series (with the exception being Hannibal Rising). However, I have zero interest in these shows.
              Then why bother posting in this thread?
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                Great show. I really like it so far. I was a little confused at first when he was listening to an ipod, but then I realized it's set in modern time haha.
                Yeah I really love this show so far. Took me half the episode to realize it was modern day too.

                I completely disagree with Charlie's viewpoint. Too many shows these days trying to be original that come up with utter crap. Like Revolution.

                Personally I'm a huge fan of re-envisioning movie classics. Like how Norma and Norman Bates began. Though also with a modern day twist. And I think the two lead actors pull off the roles perfectly.

                I also love that the show seems like it will have a variety of sick twisted killers that can help keep the story line going. And eventually all the insanity plus Norma will drive Norman to be a psychopath.

                If he isn't already.

                By the way if I didn't already say the second episode was great as well. This brother story line seems like it will be good.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Only part I haven't liked so far, is that people get hung up and burned in the middle of the day in town, deputy said that's normal revenge stuff, but they are really concerned about the drunk dude that couldn't pay for his house and motel and was a scumbag?
                  sigpic


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                    Only part I haven't liked so far, is that people get hung up and burned in the middle of the day in town, deputy said that's normal revenge stuff, but they are really concerned about the drunk dude that couldn't pay for his house and motel and was a scumbag?
                    Well I'm sure it's related to that gang that Normans brother is getting involved with.

                    In a small town I'm sure everyone knows you don't mess with them and what happens if you do.

                    I'm sure the cops know they aren't equipped to cross them.

                    It's not the first show to do something like that. Sons of Anarchy come to mind where the cops turn there nose on stuff the gang does.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im actually kinda enjoying it.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Another great episode tonight.

                        Normans getting really creepy. Originally I was thinking Norma was creepy and just passes it off on Norman with her demands.

                        I still think she is the cause but he is pretty schizo and cooky on his own aside from her.

                        Also I always thought the nice cop was weird but didn't see it coming as him as the crazy secret bad guy.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As DB mentioned above I really like these reinvisioning of classics.

                          Just watched the first 3 over the weekend. This show looks to be really good and I've quite enjoyed the first few episodes, wish I would have been more proactive to record it.
                          Denver Broncos GM
                          Originally posted by Mosk
                          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've seen Psycho a while back, since I always heard that it was a classic. But is this new show pretty good? Not sure if I want to give it a watch or not. I don't think I've seen any previews or anything for it.
                            :salute: :goz: :salute:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                              I've seen Psycho a while back, since I always heard that it was a classic. But is this new show pretty good? Not sure if I want to give it a watch or not. I don't think I've seen any previews or anything for it.
                              You should definitely give it a shot. Based on 3 episodes it won't dissapoint.
                              Denver Broncos GM
                              Originally posted by Mosk
                              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X