Defiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defiance

Didn't see a thread on it, so I thought I'd make one.

This is an interesting series, not because of what it's about. But what the creators claim will happen with it and the video game based off it. Which is an mmo that suppose to be effected by the show and effect the show.

I honestly had no interest in watching it. But I tuned in last night for the pilot, and frankly it wasn't that bad. I mean it had moments where I felt was blah. And the pilot didn't really explain much, it seemed more like a mid season episode than a pilot.

The video game is pretty much like the show for me. Kinda interested in it, kinda don't care for it. I watched Angry Joe's review of it, it seems like one of those games that's fun to play for it's combat, not it's story.

I'd buy it if it ever goes on sale or drops in price to like $40. It doesn't look like or seem like a game worth $60.

Has anyone else seen this show, and what do you think?
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Want to watch it but haven't yet.looks interesting
    sigpic

Comment

Man, I meant to record this show to watch later and spaced it.

Comment

I''ve seen the pilot 7 times already....hahahahaha....
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
          I''ve seen the pilot 7 times already....hahahahaha....
          It has really been on that often.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I loved it man. It could get really cool. The drama was a bit excessive but that is what will keep the show going for the long run I think, hopefully it takes off.

I love the security guard. I hope he continues to develop his relationship with Nolan's daughter. I guess you just have to assume all the alien races and humans are all ummm... ahem... errr... "compatible".

Looking forward to next week.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
              I loved it man. It could get really cool. The drama was a bit excessive but that is what will keep the show going for the long run I think, hopefully it takes off.

I love the security guard. I hope he continues to develop his relationship with Nolan's daughter. I guess you just have to assume all the alien races and humans are all ummm... ahem... errr... "compatible".

Looking forward to next week.
              It has some of the people that worked on Battlestar working on Defiance. Maybe this is the show Sci-Fi have been looking for. I mean seriously since the end of FireFly and Battlestar, their views have falling off a lot.

Then the video game aspect and the plans they have attempt to integrate both will draw in more views and more people to buy the game. Which is currently making a name for itself because it's making more money than people thought an MMO would make on Xbox.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                It has some of the people that worked on Battlestar working on Defiance. Maybe this is the show Sci-Fi have been looking for. I mean seriously since the end of FireFly and Battlestar, their views have falling off a lot.

Then the video game aspect and the plans they have attempt to integrate both will draw in more views and more people to buy the game. Which is currently making a name for itself because it's making more money than people thought an MMO would make on Xbox.
                I thought about getting it but it hasn't gotten great reviews. I've seen an average like 6/10. Don't think I'm gonna shell out for it. It would be cool if they showed somewhere what effects the game is having on the series.

Comment

I thought about getting it but it hasn't gotten great reviews. I've seen an average like 6/10. Don't think I'm gonna shell out for it. It would be cool if they showed somewhere what effects the game is having on the series.
                  Same here, I'm just waiting for it to drop to like $25-$30. I watched Angry Joe's review(Whom I think is the best reviewer for video games). He said the game is alluring and somewhat fun to play, but it's annoying. There isn't any depth, you'll be spending time trying to figure out what's the point of the story and what is the story. A lot of monster look thrown and like they shouldn't be apart of the series. He said a bunch of things.

I'd post the video, but he cusses a lot.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Episode 2 was awesome, even if it was rather slow for the most part. I love the deputy (Tommy) he's really cool, and Irisa (Nolan's daughter) makes every scene she's in.

Then a cover of my favorite Nirvana song comes out of nowhere to close the episode out. Couldn't believe how cool that was. Hope the music is something the show stays constant with.

Comment

So I saw this thread... and so I went to check it out.

Amanda.........Why cast her...gah! I disliked her in dexter.. and now she is in this show.

turrrrrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        So I saw this thread... and so I went to check it out.

Amanda.........Why cast her...gah! I disliked her in dexter.. and now she is in this show.

turrrrrible.
                        why? She's pretty and she's not a bad actress. I liked her in No Ordinary Family with Michael Chiklis(sp).

Comment

She also did good as Darla in Angel all those years ago.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

why? She's pretty and she's not a bad actress. I liked her in No Ordinary Family with Michael Chiklis(sp).
                            can't stand her. she drives me right up the wall. couldn't stand her in dexter at all. Her voice gets on my nerves .. sigh...

Comment

I hope they go to the main plot though,I like the show but all these side stories isnt cutting it for me....
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X