Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 25 Game Info

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/f...42842685595799

Tune in to the Cover Reveal on SportsNation on ESPN2 Wednesday, 4/24 at 8PM EST to find out who will be our next cover athlete and for the exclusive reveal of the Madden NFL 25 Run Free video.
    •Run Free
    Come back on April 24 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •Infinity Engine 2
    Come back on April 24 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •Connected Franchise Part 1
    Come back on May 6 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •Connected Franchise Part 2
    Come back on May 20 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •Madden Share
    Come back on June 24 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •Madden Ultimate Team
    Come back on July 1 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    •All-Madden Team
    Come back on July 8 for more details, exclusive assets and developer insights.
    These are the dates info will start to come and looks like Wednesday is when it will kick off. Guessing the run free is pretty much what NCAA released with the new running.

The big things that stand out to me are that there are 2 Connected Franchise parts so hopefully a lot was done in updating that game mode even further.

But a big thing is that Madden Share and if they allow customizing draft classes they could have found away to work around not having to import an NCAA draft class and people could make them. But will have to wait till June 24

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Every year Madden spouts how great the title will be and every year this game is load of garbage...

EA is the worst company in this country why should I be Surprised.

(My Dumb-ass still buys it) OH well!
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

I guarantee you, the amazing NEW feature for Connected Franchise Mode, is that it'll be just like Connected Careers mode in last year's game - except this time, you are the owner of the team!

Just like franchise mode was before last year's Madden game...
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
        I guarantee you, the amazing NEW feature for Connected Franchise Mode, is that it'll be just like Connected Careers mode in last year's game - except this time, you are the owner of the team!

Just like franchise mode was before last year's Madden game...
        No they probably renamed it because Connected Careers just seemed to confuse people because it is the franchise mode but it does look like Owner mode is being added as one of the options to go with coach and player.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Not interested until they fix the abysmal Superstar mode. It's borderline sad how weak it is compared to 2K's my player. They could literally give Madden even more marketability with an in depth Superstar mode.

Wonderlics, draft combine, pro days, etc. Even the older Madden's featured some of these...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
            Every year Madden spouts how great the title will be and every year this game is load of garbage...

EA is the worst company in this country why should I be Surprised.

(My Dumb-ass still buys it) OH well!
            Nah Activision has that crown, but EA is a close second. I say they are more so dev killers. They suck in good developers, then kill them. Rush out their games, take away their freedoms, and overprice their DLC.(wait that last part is Capcom, Epic, and Activision.)

As I said in the NCAA thread, I wont think of touching this till it's released on the new xbox. And even then, I wont buy it day one or at full priced. Depending on reviews, I'll decide rather to buy new or used.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              Not interested until they fix the abysmal Superstar mode. It's borderline sad how weak it is compared to 2K's my player. They could literally give Madden even more marketability with an in depth Superstar mode.

Wonderlics, draft combine, pro days, etc. Even the older Madden's featured some of these...
              This x 100000000. 2k does a marvelous job in their myplayer modes every year. Even if all they try to do is improve the superstar mode, then I'll look into it.

Comment

I thought the game play in last years madden was fantastic. A massive jump up in quality and probably the best game play I have seen in any game.

The franchise/owners mode was horrible. No 2 player franchise option was a joke. The layout was not user friendly and the 'upgrades' were limited. The player progression was stupid, I didn't want to keep getting those stupid xp points and having to add it to players, far too time consuming and pointless.

I got the impression they went all out on X Box Live and geared everything towards people who use that. People like me who want an offline 2 player franchise were severely let down.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Nah Activision has that crown, but EA is a close second. I say they are more so dev killers. They suck in good developers, then kill them. Rush out their games, take away their freedoms, and overprice their DLC.(wait that last part is Capcom, Epic, and Activision.)

As I said in the NCAA thread, I wont think of touching this till it's released on the new xbox. And even then, I wont buy it day one or at full priced. Depending on reviews, I'll decide rather to buy new or used.
                  Activision has only killed already crappy games. EA has all but ruined the industry.

You won't have a choice?

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    I thought the game play in last years madden was fantastic. A massive jump up in quality and probably the best game play I have seen in any game.

The franchise/owners mode was horrible. No 2 player franchise option was a joke. The layout was not user friendly and the 'upgrades' were limited. The player progression was stupid, I didn't want to keep getting those stupid xp points and having to add it to players, far too time consuming and pointless.

I got the impression they went all out on X Box Live and geared everything towards people who use that. People like me who want an offline 2 player franchise were severely let down.
                    It wasn't really gear towards online only. It was just trying to get all three modes equal, as in Superstar, Franchise, and Online Franchise, which is why they were combined. Online was so bare bones that it was a joke. But I thought they patched in the ability to play 2 player offline, but I do hope they add the ability to allow 32 team control and multiple player and things like that.

And progression I would love to have that cleaned up a lot. XP was nice and it was able to let the computer assign it, but it was to easy to build up some players and make them a superstar. But depth players didn't get anything unless you did practice and that was annoying. I don't mind doing practice to test players out but having to do them so that depth players can get XP was a bad system so hopefully they fix that this year.

But I agree the game play was better and now if the engine is even further upgraded then the NCAA one this year that will help with the really bad part of running into your oline. Because according to what was released from the NCAA was that the runner will use his arms to help keep himself off the line. So I think they are starting to finally start moving in the right direction for next gen.

I think the fault came from the original engine that was entered for this gen and it was poorly done and they just had to deal with what they had. I just hope next gen they find a way to turn this franchise around.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

every year they take 1 step forward but 2 steps back

they always add all this cool stuff but then end up taking out something vital

i just want them to put in all the stuff head coach had but updated but thats just me

Comment

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...en-25-run-free

Playbook 1: Run Free

There are few things more exciting than watching the grace and power of NFL ball carriers. Sure, everyone loves a 60-yard touchdown bomb, but there’s something special about watching Adrian Peterson lower his shoulder to bowl through a defender, or seeing Larry Fitzgerald catch the ball in space, make a quick cut and then race untouched into the end zone. The one constant in all elite players is control, and this year Madden NFL 25 is putting all that control right at your fingertips.

The Excellence of Execution

Leading off the list of Madden NFL 25's new features is the precision modifier, which allows for both the execution of new moves, as well as some important refinements to old favorites. Tapping the precision modifier button (LT/L2) causes a quick stutter step, which is sometimes all you need to move a defender out of position and blow right by. Holding the button slows your player down, allowing for more precise moves that will leave the defense flailing at empty space.

How does it work? Let’s look at a few examples. First off, the trusty juke. For years, Madden NFL players have been leading a defender in one direction then — WHOOP! — after a quick change of direction, they cut back across the field. While that technique sometimes works, speedy defenders can quickly recover and make plays. The new precision modifier adds nuance to the juke, changing the move from a simple change of direction to a stutter step with a hard cut, a jump cut to find the hole, and more. While the old-fashioned juke is still a great weapon against linemen and linebackers, you now have an additional arrow in your quiver for those pesky defensive backs.

If you prefer brute strength to quickness, the precision modifier also makes the stiff-arm more formidable than ever. Tapping A/X without the precision modifier leads to a quick thrust of the arm aimed at the opponent’s chest or shoulder. This is a viable option against smaller players, but a big, bruising linebacker will likely still wrap you up and make a tackle. However, adding the precision modifier can give you the additional force and accuracy to pop the defender and provide the extra step you need.

Run Free and the precision modifiers reach into all elements of running the ball, even offering variations on dives and hurdles. Furthermore, players with high attribute ratings (over 90) will be able to unleash even more nuanced moves, making them even more difficult to bring down.

But don’t think that all the advancements are on offense. The dev team has added more powerful defensive pursuit and tackling behaviors that will be revealed in future articles. You’ll need all these new tools to get by the smarter, more aggressive defenders.

In order to really capture the feel of what it’s like to run in the NFL, combo moves have been created to escape sticky defensive situations. For instance, say a linebacker is coming in from the side of a ballcarrier and a safety is coming down hard. Utilizing the new combos, you could make a back cut to make the linebacker miss, then spin away from the safety and into the open field. In many ways, the precision modifier and the new combo system create a game within the game, letting you see the defense in a whole new way.

Running Out of Gas

With all these new weapons at your disposal, it’s easy to consider abusing them. For that reason, Madden NFL 25 will feature a new visual stamina meter that will drain as you execute moves. Juking, spinning and trucking will get you out of trouble, but they will also makes you tired. Consequently, if you run out of stamina during a play, you’ll see your player slow down. Once you’re out of gas, any additional moves you try will be much less effective.Stamina refills after each play, but there is a cumulative effect over the course of the game. So if you’re running the ball a lot, don’t expect your running back to be as fresh when you're trying to pound the rock in the fourth. In fact, he might be down to half-stamina or less depending on how hard you’ve been pushing him. You see a lot of NFL teams going to a two-back look for this exact reason, so it may be something you want to keep in mind for your Madden NFL team as well…

The team is extremely excited about what the precision modifiers bring to the table this year in Madden NFL, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it and learn what it means to Run Free. Keep checking back for more insight on what the precision modifiers can do, as well as info on all the great new features coming to Madden NFL 25!

Madden NFL 25 will be available on Tuesday, August 27, for Xbox 360 and PS3, and fans can learn more at the Madden website. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...inity-engine-2

Playbook 2: Infinity Engine 2
                          Last year, Madden NFL 13 introduced physics to the franchise with the Infinity Engine. It was a big step forward and a huge feature at this point in the current console cycle. However, as with any new technology, there is always room to grow. This offseason, it was a major priority for the Madden dev team to add new features, fix known issues andcreate a smoother, more realistic experience. With that in mind, it's time to introduce Madden NFL 25's new feature, Infinity Engine 2.

Feel The Force

One of the biggest points of emphasis this year was tuning the Infinity Engine to account for the strength and power of players. This is how Force Impact was born. Football is a game of collisions and that will be reflected in how players interact when they hit each other. Force Impact allows the game to account for the size and strength of players to render realistic results when impact occurs. So (deleted words) if you use the Truck Stick to make a big, bruising running back like Marshawn Lynch lower his shoulder when a smaller player is trying to make a tackle, the Force Impact system will accurately calculate the outcome and render a result. Spoiler alert: there’s a good chance he’s going to run right over the smaller player. This was first demonstrated last year, but now it has been finely tuned to be even more realistic.

A similar emphasis has been placed on defense, so the Hit Stick feels better ever before. Lining up and teeing off on a ball carrier is awesome, and it's hard to do the experience justice in words. After laying the lumber with the Hit Stick and Force Impact for the first time, it will be hard to go back to normal tackles.

Force Impact also affects stiff-arms, adding importance to an often under-utilized move. Tapping the stiff-arm button as a defender comes in to make a play is called a “physics punch,” where the ball carrier will quickly thrust his arm out and shove the defender. Holding the button makes the ball carrier hold his arm out and try to “wall off” the defender and keep him at bay. Again, strength matters, as stronger players will have more success with their stiff-arms than backs who tend to rely on speed rather than power.

Everywhere I was Going, I was Running

If you’ve checked out the Run Free post, then you know all about the emphasis placed on the running game this year. Some improvements and tweaks have been made to the engine itself to make the running game more rewarding and fun. First off, players can now use hard cuts when running to prevent the “swerve” running seen in years past. When a ball carrier changes direction, he now needs to decelerate and make a genuine, sharp movement to get past the defender. It’s a fix that has been in the works for a long time, and the dev team is glad it’s finally in the game.

Another new mechanic this year is the stumble recovery. Players will have a chance to break out of a stumble, regain their feet and continue down the field. There will be a small window during a stumble where flicking the right stick back will allow you to keep your feet and continue moving forward. Conversely, if a player is about to get lit up by a defender, flicking the right stick forward will cause him to dive for as many yards as possible while keeping a firm grip on the pigskin.

The team worked on cleaning up the engine and making some under-the-hood tweaks like adding a ball carrier avoidance animation that triggers whenever a player approaches a blocker. Instead of running into the back of a blocker and falling down, the ball carrier will now put a hand out and automatically guide himself into space. Last year, a lot of players abandoned the inside running game out of fear of their blockers knocking them over. Now those inside runs are once again a viable option.

Know Your Assignment and Set the Edge

With a renewed emphasis on the running game, serious attention was paid to blocking assignments. So this year, former NFL offensive lineman and current Madden NFL designer Clint Oldenburg took a look at every single offensive and defensive front in the game in order to script proper blocking assignments. Clint’s work results in guards and tackles now taking on the correct defenders and behaving more realistically during plays. Lead blockers will now seek out actual threats instead of peeling off to take on a linebacker that is already out of the play. The improvements are most apparent on screen plays where guards, wide receivers and others will do a much better job of creating space.

Playing both Sides of the Ball

The offense was given lots of love this year, but the defensive side of the ball was not ignored. Madden NFL 25 features new mechanics for defenders including more effective dive tackles, which will allow players to avoid blockers and make a play on the ball. Furthermore, heat-seeker tackling makes it much easier to hone in on the ball carrier and wrap him up.

A small but significant defensive upgrade comes in the “breakdown” animations seen in the open field. To counter all the precision modifier moves, defenders will now slow down and get into position to make a play rather than charging full-speed ahead. Defenders caught out of position will also be able to make a hard cut and get back into the play, so will still be able to recover and make something happen. Last but not least, defensive pursuit angles have been tuned so that defenders are smarter about tracking down ball carriers. Combined that with the breakdown animation and recovery ability, defensive-minded players will have plenty of moves to choose from.

Post-play AI has also been improved so that so players will be more aware of those on the ground, and smarter “get up” logic will allow players to stand up more naturally.

Madden NFL 25 includes a boatload of improvements to Infinity Engine 2 and come August, players will have the smoothest, most realistic Madden experience to date.

Madden NFL 25 will be available on Tuesday, August 27, for Xbox 360 and PS3, and fans can learn more at the Madden NFL website. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, features, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/m...n-impressions/
                            Here at Under The Code we have several guys that have around 30 hours of play time with the “Run Free” mechanic. You will hear from each of us over the next few months as we continue to dive deeper into the new game mechanics and game modes. We will provide you with our own personal opinions (both positive and negative) of each aspect based solely on our individual hands on experiences. While we cannot reveal everything we have experienced until EA Tiburon announces them, we will do our best to give you our honest, unbiased opinions on every aspect we can.

Under The Code Co-Owner and Co-Founder Casey “Buckeye” Mosier was able to get hands on Madden NFL 25 for a week in early February and also again last week during the EA SPORTS Season Opener Event in San Francisco.

It seems like every year some aspect of game play gets a major upgrade, more so than others. Last year the passing game saw the heavy work with the addition of Total Control Passing which opened the passing game up similar to the late 1980’s and early 90’s Houston Oilers “Run and Shoot” offense. While the run game did receive some work, it was largely negated by the introduction of the Infinity Engine and running backs having difficulties getting through the line of scrimmage because of the new collision system. Most players resorted to passing as it was much easier (and less frustrating) than running the football.

In Madden NFL 25 the folks at EA Tiburon have introduced “Run Free” and they claim it is the most extensive upgrade to the running game in recent memory. After having “hands-on” time with Madden NFL 25 at 2 different stages of development, I can say… they are right! Run free is the “shot in the arm” that was so desperately needed in the running game, both for user controlled players and for the AI controlled teams. You have already heard the “company line” from the EA developers on what all Run Free entails, now it’s time you hear about it in more detail from someone who has extensively played Madden NFL 25.

Ball Carrier Avoidance
                            Before we get into all the “fun” new mechanics it’s important to touch on Ball Carrier Avoidance so we can get any concerns out of the way. While it isn’t a new “feature” exactly, BCA is a very important piece of what makes the running game work in Madden NFL 25. I touched on this a bit in my opening, there is no worse feeling in Madden NFL 13 than seeing a hole open up only to have your running back fall over a lineman before you can get there. That’s a part of physics unfortunately and we expected things like that to happen in year one of the Infinity Engine. Ball Carrier Avoidance is an automatic animation/movement your ball carrier will do when he hits the hole. The ball carrier will reach out with his hand and place it on a blockers back/shoulder/hip and make his way through the line without tripping. The easiest way to think about it is if you have ever played the Assassins Creed series, think of how the character moves through the crowded streets, instead of falling over people he turns his shoulders and hips as he moves past them. Without Ball Carrier Avoidance, in my opinion, none of the new mechanics would matter. I know some of you will worry that the ball carrier will get a “free pass” through the line with this animation, do not worry… when the defender disengages and attempts a tackle the Ball Carrier Avoidance animation/mechanism is cancelled and the tackle attempt takes precedence.

Precision Modifier
                            First and foremost, ratings matter more than ever when it comes to the running game. The Precision Modifier enables you to access “high level” moves based on your ball carriers ratings in each category. Those categories are Juke, Stiff Arm, Spin Move, Truck, and Hurdle. Precision Modifer is mapped to the L2 button on PS3 and Left Trigger on 360 but the guys at Tiburon already covered all that for you. Through my early hands on experience, runners rated 90 or above in any of the above mentioned categories were able to access the 3rd tier of moves. These moves are beautiful AND deadly when timed correctly and used in the appropriate situations. All of these moves require the use of the new stamina meter which we will be covering in a separate article.

How does it all work? Once you have the ball carrier in the situation where you may want to use the Precision Modifier you hold down the L2 (LT) button and press the correct button for the move you want to attempt (or right analog stick). What actually happens is that the modifier button causes your runner to slow down to the point where they can realistically attempt to pull off a move, they then attempt the move. So no, there will be no more full speed ahead stopping and starting jukes and spins. Each move you pull off drains the player stamina bar so you cannot “spam” the modifier without detriment to your player. The new moves are really fun to pull off and make running backs like Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster deadly even through AI control. It has really made it important to find a back that suits your play style and has an elite attribute to take full advantage of the new mechanic.

When you add in the fact that “zig-zag” running has pretty much been eliminated and foot planting animations are heavily in effect… using the new moves when cutting brings another level of accomplishment from the user.

Pro-Tip: You can use the “Precision Modifier” without the special moves. Just press the modifier as a defender approaches and use it like a “brake”, when the defender slows and starts to break down for the tackle attempt you can then hit the acceleration button and make a break for the sideline. Think of it as a stutter step.

Cons: The Precision Modifier will require quite a bit of tuning and testing yet still may end up over powered to some users. In the right hands its use will be a dominating effect. Fast twitch skills will be essential.

Blocking Enhancements
                            While we are still talking offense I figured I would go ahead and touch on this a bit. Blocking animations have been added to and improved to ensure the correct assignment is adhered to at the proper time. Also this year the blocking logic has improved dramatically. The blocking assignments have been completely reconfigured by former NFL lineman Clint Oldenburg and Senior Designer Mike Scantlebury. The pair spent many months working on this alone to make sure it was done properly. It helps to have several former offensive linemen on staff from every level of the sport. Each and every run play has been meticulously reworked to ensure the blocking assignments mimic real life as closely as possible. So what does that all mean? It means that when you call a “Power O” your fullback will actually pick up the correct man and when you bounce the play to the outside or cut it back in the blockers will all adjust their blocks accordingly. Gone are the days when your blocker would attack the safety and leave the linebacker to blow you up in the backfield. Does it work? I can confidently say that yes it does. Both builds I have played have had excellent blocking logic to where I didn’t have many instances of “What in the world are you doing!” moments. The blocking is much more natural, and maybe its just the placebo effect but the impact blocking seems to have improved as well. Blockers can still shed blocks thankfully, that hasn’t been the issue in the past as much as completely not recognizing the threat… now we don’t have to worry as much about defenders being ignored completely on an overload blitz.

Pro-Tip: Following your blockers once you hit the second level is key to breaking long runs. Use them as body guards and anticipate their next block downfiled before making your final cut to daylight.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/h...-in-madden-25/

Here at Under The Code we have several guys that have around 30 hours of play time with the “Run Free” mechanic. You will hear from each of us over the next few months as we continue to dive deeper into the new game mechanics and game modes. We will provide you with our own personal opinions (both positive and negative) of each aspect based solely on our individual hands on experiences. While we cannot reveal everything we have experienced until EA Tiburon announces them, we will do our best to give you our honest, unbiased opinions on every aspect we can.

SimFBallCritic, a member of the site staff here at Under The Code as well as a member of the YouTube football criticism group The Sim Standard, shares his thoughts on how fatigue and stamina affect gameplay in his experience with Madden NFL 25.

Ever wonder exactly how fatigue and stamina affects gameplay in Madden NFL? Tired of guys spamming the sprint button with no negative affect? Well Madden NFL 25 will be a breath of fresh air in that regard. I have always said that EA SPORTS will need to pay attention to the minor details in order to produce a simulation football game and this year Madden NFL 25 gets one step closer with the All-New Stamina Meter.

Stamina plays a huge role in the running game as you will want to conserve as much of your stamina as possible. No longer will you be able to just run all around the field hammering down on the sprint button without any adverse action; ball carriers will now have to rely on proper timing and having enough stamina to increase their chances of successfully pulling off one of 30 new ball carrier moves.

Stamina Ratings will matter more than ever before as the player’s rating will be directly tied to their fatigue frequency. This will be very important to remember since a player’s Stamina Meter will start to decrease as the game goes on, which means the 4th quarter could play a factor in the outcome of the game. It doesn’t stop with just the Stamina Rating, you may also want to pay close attention to your players Injury and Carry Ratings. Excessive use of the Precision Moves Modifier can cause you to lose stamina making your ball carrier more vulnerable to fumbles and injuries. Having that type of risk and reward is a welcomed addition.

Don’t think for one minute that this feature will only affect the ball carrier; you will see stamina affect ever player on the field from wideouts to defensive linemen. I know we have all played guys online who’s favorite play is all streaks or runs a no huddle offense the entire game; in Madden NFL 25 guys will have to think twice about that. If you’re not careful your speedy Mike Wallace-like receiver will be subbed out for quite some time do to exhaustion. On defensive side of the ball you will see some very interesting one on one situations. Think you’re going to beat Chris Johnson to the corner before he turns up field with a tired Patrick Willis? Think again. Abuse your stamina meter and you will surely find your self being left in the dust.

My time spent with Madden NFL 25 was earlier on in the cycle, but I was able to see the value that the Stamina Meter brings to the game. It really forces you to think a bit as you play the game. There were numerous times that I disregard the warnings mentioned above and I paid the price for it. I recall a play when I performed one too many Precision Moves before crossing the line scrimmage. I was able to find a lane through the middle and I broke into the open field with nothing but green grass in front of me. Suddenly I realized that my guy wasn’t running very fast due to exhaustion. Needless to say I was brought down by a safety that took the angle from me. Of course I was heated about not getting the touchdown, but I was overjoyed by that element of realism being present in the game.
                              http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/m...l-impressions/

Smitty, a member of the staff at Under The Code as well as the YouTube football critique group The Sim Standard, weighs in with some of his initial Madden NFL 25 impressions from an early build of the game.

My experience of the game is from a pre-alpha build, so some gameplay aspects were missing. From what I did get to experience I’ll touch on here. One thing is for sure, this year’s game is going to showcase an offensive-heavy attack, reminiscent of Madden NFL 04 when the “Playmaker” controls were introduced.

First, the Precision Modifier controls really open up the game in regards of the foot planting as well as bring true control of the ball carrier. Based upon the player ratings, there will be a variance of moves available to perform that separate an average RB like Mikel Leshoure from an elite back like Adrian Peterson, Marshaun Lynch, or Arian Foster. With the array of moves, you now have to be even more mindful of your fatigue on each play ran. You now have more control between player speed and acceleration within the game, so with each move performed, you take away a chunk of your stamina gauge on each play. So, if you try to do too much with the controlled player, you could risk injury or fumble the ball due to wearing your player down each snap. Now you’ll have to be more mindful of your personnel and formations they’re used for on each play.

In regards of the Infinity Engine 2, there’s only a few aspects that I could speak on as the build was pre-alpha (as mentioned above). The stumble recovery mechanic is a nice addition that gives the user a chance to regain their balance (under the proper circumstance) after taking contact. It’s a risk/reward type mechanic, where you can make the choice of going down after trucking that defender or splitting the gap with your speed back that tripped up to avoid taking the big hit while being off balance. You can also try to regain your balance to gain extra yards at the potential risk of fumbling with the proper timed and/or placed hit by the defender. In addition to these mechanics, the downfield blocking logic has been refined to have your blockers logically address defenders that present a true threat to the ball carrier while running downfield.

Lastly, the aspect that was able to stand out (for the defense) in that early build was the addressing of the Defensive Pursuit Angles. This has been an eyesore for many years and to see this addressed alone should make the “pursuit” rating actually matter now as well as realistic chase downs. I can’t speak on anything else on the defensive side of the ball until I possibly get another chance to play the game in a more refined state.

In conclusion, if I could judge what I’ve played with just one word, it would be “potential”. These additions to the game are what have been asked for and demanded by the football gaming community. To see them being added to the game is nice, but it all comes down to efficient execution once the game is launched; an aspect that has been highly questionable when it comes to EA SPORTS football. Will this be the turning over of a new leaf? We’ll see come August 27.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X