No announcement yet.

Madden 25 Game Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really glad they finally brought back depth toffranchice mode like they had in previous series but I saw some gameplay and the tackling is still bad one guy tackles and the others come swarming in only to do nothing to contribute to the tackle but just fall forward....so much for gang tackling
    I may or may not get this

Comment

I've only seen gameplay vids.....but current gen looks no different in graphics, and more importantly gameplay than the last 4-5 years.

I'm hoping here in a couple weeks they will release some footage of next gen gameplay. I know graphics will be better but I'm praying gameplay improves.
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
        I've only seen gameplay vids.....but current gen looks no different in graphics, and more importantly gameplay than the last 4-5 years.

I'm hoping here in a couple weeks they will release some footage of next gen gameplay. I know graphics will be better but I'm praying gameplay improves.
        yeah the game played fine I can't see graphics being pushed any further this gen which I why I'm holding out for next gen which i have already paid off.

I think the increased RAM in these systems will allow them to improve the AI which would be huge and another thing they need to do along with the AI is improve the ratings. Use all the numbers from 0-100. But it does look like they are slowly moving in the right direction for next gen as they are adding to what they had and not doing a repeat of the 360 launch.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post

I don't see any of the next gen Madden's improving on gameplay until it's actually developed with the next gen in mind. That's going to take a few years as we saw this gen, but the hardware is there at least.

They could go the NBA Live route and have the next Madden only on next gen platforms, but that won't happen for a number of reasons.

Either way, I'm not touching Madden for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            I don't see any of the next gen Madden's improving on gameplay until it's actually developed with the next gen in mind. That's going to take a few years as we saw this gen, but the hardware is there at least.

They could go the NBA Live route and have the next Madden only on next gen platforms, but that won't happen for a number of reasons.

Either way, I'm not touching Madden for a long time.
            They had a different team working on next gen which is why they have more features going into the game. But most those features are benefits of the ignite engine and part of it mentioned AI.

I just hope the AI is capable of being smart at higher levels because as it is now you can run same plays over and over and the computer gets beat.

And combine that with thepoor ratings and the best challenge is to Gimp yourself which leads to frustrating gameplay.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              They had a different team working on next gen which is why they have more features going into the game. But most those features are benefits of the ignite engine and part of it mentioned AI.

I just hope the AI is capable of being smart at higher levels because as it is now you can run same plays over and over and the computer gets beat.

And combine that with thepoor ratings and the best challenge is to Gimp yourself which leads to frustrating gameplay.
              We'll see, but I think as soon as they start to phase out this gen and focus all their teams on next, we'll hopefully see the gameplay take off with the new hardware.

This will be their first year using Ignite so I assume it will have its share of inconsistencies. I don't think you can do much worse than the Infinity, though.

Only one game has showcased Ignite so far right, and that was Live? We haven't see it an action aside from how the ball will bounce in basketball. They need another tech demo for Madden.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                We'll see, but I think as soon as they start to phase out this gen and focus all their teams on next, we'll hopefully see the gameplay take off with the new hardware.

This will be their first year using Ignite so I assume it will have its share of inconsistencies. I don't think you can do much worse than the Infinity, though.

Only one game has showcased Ignite so far right, and that was Live? We haven't see it an action aside from how the ball will bounce in basketball. They need another tech demo for Madden.
                they had a video of ap at e3 but it was behind close doors but there were some videos. But it was locked into running plays with ap.

But like always need to see actual gameplay to see if they did something with the AI. But they probably start releasing videos after madden drops for current gen.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

Review: Madden NFL 25 - An Ambivalent Anniversary

It's fitting that an iteration celebrating the 25th anniversary of Madden is littered with references to past games and hampered by the feeling that, no matter what has been done for this particular version of the game, the foundations it was built upon this console generation are not fully up to the task of delivering a highly polished product.

The uneven execution of ideas that have characterized Madden in this generation continue. You can see it in an owner's mode that changes little of how you run a franchise. It's also evident in the game's second stab at a physics model that produces tackles and hits that you would have never seen before, but which often inexplicably do not accurately take into account the mass of the players involved. These collisions are also at the whim of AI that have a hard time identifying targets to block, angles to take to a tackle, and sometimes even the awareness to trigger a tackle animation when the ball carrier is near.

Madden 25 does achieve a modicum of competency – and even excellence. Another year with the Infinity engine has paid noticeable dividends in the kinds of tackles seen, despite the work needed to produce consistent outcomes in player contact. Still, the inconsistency has me pining for an *unambiguous step forward such as last year's revamped passing game and the birth of *Connected *Careers.

I hoped the return of owner functionality in Connected Franchises would be that advancement, but its revenue and fan happiness NFL ranking system is confusing (how could my Team Success rating get lower after going deep into the playoffs?) and, in the end, didn't matter. Even with a seemingly toxic combination of a bad stadium, a losing team, and high prices, I still could sign players and renovate my stadium. I like the fact that your team funds correlate directly to how much of a signing bonus you can offer players, the staff you hire, and the state of your stadium, but there are other franchise/money-related features that are still missing. These omissions include being able to offer different contract options to players and restricted *free *agency.

These latter two points may be relatively insignificant, but the franchise mode still hasn't recovered all of the features that were previously purged, and presents limited choices such as not being able to negotiate rookie or in-season free agent contracts. Minute details like this are wrapped in larger-scale oddities such as a menu system that still buries or omits info.

Perhaps hoping for steps forward this late in a console generation is too much to hope for. But if the past is prologue, Madden 25's inability to separate features from fluff and meaningfully execute them has me worried for what we'll be asked to accept as progress in the next generation.
                  GI Rating
                  7.75/10

Concept:
                  The game features the second iteration of the Infinity physics engine and the return of owners mode
                  Graphics:
                  There’s not a lot new to see, and the faces and bodies of coaches and owners look odd and out of proportion
                  Sound:
                  Nantz and Sims are great to listen to, even if their comments and the context haven’t improved greatly
                  Playability:
                  I never felt comfortable when tackling, even after fiddling with the tackling assist and/or heat seeker tackle settings
                  Entertainment:
                  Madden 25 shows flashes, but its features do not deliver consistent, significant results
                  Replay:
                  Moderately High

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ma...er-review.aspx

Same ol' same old I guess. Oh well, there's always next year..
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post

GI Rating
                    7.75/10

Concept:
                    The game features the second iteration of the Infinity physics engine and the return of owners mode
                    Graphics:
                    There’s not a lot new to see, and the faces and bodies of coaches and owners look odd and out of proportion
                    Sound:
                    Nantz and Sims are great to listen to, even if their comments and the context haven’t improved greatly
                    Playability:
                    I never felt comfortable when tackling, even after fiddling with the tackling assist and/or heat seeker tackle settings
                    Entertainment:
                    Madden 25 shows flashes, but its features do not deliver consistent, significant results
                    Replay:
                    Moderately High

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ma...er-review.aspx

Same ol' same old I guess. Oh well, there's always next year..
                    Well not next year only a few months for the next version of next gen which is adding more. So hopefully the ignite engine and AI are up for the challenge

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

People have too high of expectations in my opinion. I think the games are overpriced, but always entertaining. Of course they have some glaring weaknesses year after year, and sure...maybe by now a lot of those should have been corrected. But let's be honest, we're playing a football video game. Considering it's a video game and not a life-or-death reality, these games are fine. For $60 I get 6 months worth of entertainment out of them (mostly just the 4ish months of football season, and a month or two before it starts), and I'm fine with that.

Considering I'm paying $100 this year to get the game that includes the free Sunday Ticket package, I'm just going to pretend I bought the Sunday Ticket package for $100 and got the game for free. It's how I can rationalize spending money on the same game with updated rosters...and it works for me
                      Administrator

sigpic

Comment

:Shrug: I thought it was alright. I really like running read option plays. Though, like a lot of plays in madden, once you're good at them they're unstoppable.

Comment

I think the biggest reason people are often disappointed with Madden is because it's the only EA sports game that never seems to improve. NHL and FIFA are the best and most rewarded sport games, Madden isn't made by the same dev as NHL and FIFA but casual fans don't know that, so they see how many awards those 2 make and how great those games are every year and they never seem like $60 roster updates.

In my opinion the new Madden isn't bad, but it also isn't good, but it is moving in the right direction based off the demo and I'm curious how much better it'll be on Xbox One with the Ignite engine.

Problems I noticed during the demo that seemingly have always been in madden is the ball going through defenders backs. Not over their heads, but right through em like they aren't there. The 4th quarter is pretty unrealistic.

If you are leading the game in the 4th(how much doesn't matter) the opposing team's QB becomes the most accurate QB ever. Completing every pass not matter what. Example: I was playing against the Seahawks, I'm winning 24-3, knocked Wilson out of the game. Brady Quinn comes in during the 4th completes 10 passes in a row leading them down the field for a TD. Like my defense decided that now that Brady Quinn is in lets not defend the pass.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            I think the biggest reason people are often disappointed with Madden is because it's the only EA sports game that never seems to improve. NHL and FIFA are the best and most rewarded sport games, Madden isn't made by the same dev as NHL and FIFA but casual fans don't know that, so they see how many awards those 2 make and how great those games are every year and they never seem like $60 roster updates.

In my opinion the new Madden isn't bad, but it also isn't good, but it is moving in the right direction based off the demo and I'm curious how much better it'll be on Xbox One with the Ignite engine.

Problems I noticed during the demo that seemingly have always been in madden is the ball going through defenders backs. Not over their heads, but right through em like they aren't there. The 4th quarter is pretty unrealistic.

If you are leading the game in the 4th(how much doesn't matter) the opposing team's QB becomes the most accurate QB ever. Completing every pass not matter what. Example: I was playing against the Seahawks, I'm winning 24-3, knocked Wilson out of the game. Brady Quinn comes in during the 4th completes 10 passes in a row leading them down the field for a TD. Like my defense decided that now that Brady Quinn is in lets not defend the pass.
                            What skill level did that happen to you in the 4th quarter? On Pro, the CPU quarterback is just garbage. Wilson completed only one pass on me the whole game for 4 yards and had 4 interceptions with that. On All-Pro, the CPU QB was more respectable with close to 200 yards and 1 TD 2 INTs. Haven't tried it on All-Madden yet though. The one thing I did notice on all pro was that when I'm on offense as GB my WRs get open a lot more consistently than when I'm SEA.

One thing I hated so far was that when I made a tackle on the CPU running back, I was on the ground and he was on top of me, and he seemed to sit on top of me for 4 seconds without his knees ever touching the ground I guess. It looked so awkward

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheriff View Post
                              What skill level did that happen to you in the 4th quarter? On Pro, the CPU quarterback is just garbage. Wilson completed only one pass on me the whole game for 4 yards and had 4 interceptions with that. On All-Pro, the CPU QB was more respectable with close to 200 yards and 1 TD 2 INTs. Haven't tried it on All-Madden yet though. The one thing I did notice on all pro was that when I'm on offense as GB my WRs get open a lot more consistently than when I'm SEA.

One thing I hated so far was that when I made a tackle on the CPU running back, I was on the ground and he was on top of me, and he seemed to sit on top of me for 4 seconds without his knees ever touching the ground I guess. It looked so awkward
                              All Pro, without sliders All-pro is the only playable setting, plus I turn the speed threshold to 0 and the game speed to fast. To that makes it more realistic, won't have lineman running down Randall Cobb.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Does anybody know if you can now simulate other teams games during franchise mode?
                                Now go get your shine box

Comment

Working...
                                X