Macklemore Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macklemore Thread

There's something about this guy that I love. I think it's his passion, and how naturally talented he is. Not only that but he and Ryan Lewis just gel so perfectly together so many of his songs are epic. This dude is going to be big for the next few years I hope.

There is just something about Macklemore that is awesome. Anyone else a die-hard fan?

<-------I think this single went platinum (I believe)

Very awesome!!!
    Last edited by broncoFan!; 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

love that song. he is different

Comment

I'm listening to the album right now.

Comment

I remember playing his songs to some of my friends before he got big and they were all saying he'd never be popular.

Love wing$ and otherside, I can't wait till till he comes out with more stuff.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

walk into this thread like what up I got a big

Hes alright but Thrift Shop is burned out already and thats what people will likely remember him by.

Kid Cudi on the other hand is killing it right now.
          Now go get your shine box

Comment

I've been listening to him for 3ish years now. Honestly everything on The Language of My World is better than Thrift Shop.

I hate that he's popular for what is in my opinion one of his worst songs.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              walk into this thread like what up I got a big

Hes alright but Thrift Shop is burned out already and thats what people will likely remember him by.

Kid Cudi on the other hand is killing it right now.
              Not really, he has a ton of other great songs than thrift shop. Like I said, Can't Hold Us has already gone platinum.

Same love is going viral because of the issues right now, this dude is talking about stuff that is relevant and current.

As theDraftNik said, Wing$ is great so is Fake Empire, and a bunch of other songs. Seriously, this dude is a renaissance man lol!
              sigpic

Comment

If he would just rap, I would probably like him a lot more than I do. He's very good, but the poppier elements of his music tend to push me away.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  If he would just rap, I would probably like him a lot more than I do. He's very good, but the poppier elements of his music tend to push me away.
                  I think part of that is his way of appealing to non-traditional listeners. A lot of his listeners are not big fans of the rap genre. And to me, I think it is cool that he is drawing fans into the hip-hop genre who otherwise never would have been interested.
                  sigpic

Comment

Decent song, but overall, I can't really stand his style. He reminds me of something of a B.o.B where he tries to combine some pop and other elements with rap.

The only difference is B.o.B makes it work, Macklemore doesn't.

Comment

At this point I find he just makes run of the mill pop music. I like some of his songs don't get me wrong.. and he has a good message behind a lot of his music. Socially conscious... which I respect... but as for his music it's just the same ol' story.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                        Decent song, but overall, I can't really stand his style. He reminds me of something of a B.o.B where he tries to combine some pop and other elements with rap.

The majority of his songs actually aren't like that.

Try "Make the Money" or "Vipassanna" or "Otherside".

Comment

I don't care if Thrift Shop is overplayed it's still awesome.

And Wing$ is great also.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                            At this point I find he just makes run of the mill pop music. I like some of his songs don't get me wrong.. and he has a good message behind a lot of his music. Socially conscious... which I respect... but as for his music it's just the same ol' story.
                            Same ol' story? On one album he has stuff about drugs, gang violence, working, homosexual rights, selling out, love, and has a couple joke songs.

------------------

On a unrelated note, I wanted to share the Wing$ music video.
                            Denver Broncos GM
                            Originally posted by Mosk
                            Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post

I can understand why you wouldn't like him. He definitely has somewhat of a pop appeal.

I just find his music a nice break from traditional rap artists and I do like many of his beats, and free-style rapping. I think Ryan Lewis does a great job though for sure haha.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X