Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grand Theft Auto V

    Grand Theft Auto V is an open-world crime epic set in the LA-inspired city of Los Santos around the lives of Franklin, a street hustler looking for real opportunities; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement isn't all he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent psychopath.


    Like GTA: San Andreas before it, GTA V will be set in and around the LA-inspired city of Los Santos. The debut trailer was unveiled on November 2, 2011. Games from the Grand Theft Auto series get categorized into eras, which typically take place in the same city and share similar themes. The game takes place in a fictional place called Los Santos in the state of San Andreas and the surrounding countryside. The location is based on Los Angeles, Southern California. Grand Theft Auto V is coming for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The player drives, walks and interacts in a realistic way with the environment. Eating, running, climbing, jumping and engaging in combat with various weapons forms a major part of the gameplay. GTA V is an open world action-adventure game that gives the player complete freedom to move around at will and interact with the environment. Players can choose between completing specific missions or roaming freely through the game looking for trouble. Grand Theft Auto V provides multiplayer support and features a social team playing concept called "crews." The first game to support crews was Max Payne 3, so players who have already joined crews will already have plenty of friends and familiar faces to play GTA V with when it is released.
    I can't wait.
    sigpic

  • #2
    it looks super awesome. I love all the character videos. They all seem to have really involved stories... I wonder if they are all people you can play as?

    I was a little bummed they decided to do the LA area again, but it's looking great. I expected them to go Carson City (Detroit) this time.

    can't wait to get some crews going

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
      it looks super awesome. I love all the character videos. They all seem to have really involved stories... I wonder if they are all people you can play as?

      I was a little bummed they decided to do the LA area again, but it's looking great. I expected them to go Carson City (Detroit) this time.

      can't wait to get some crews going
      Yeah you play as 3 characters this time around

      I do kinda agree about the location since they revisted Liberty City in 4 and now they are revisting San Andreas. Still looks amazing. I cant wait to explore the Las Vegas city (I forget what its called)
      Last edited by VenomousDB; 05-04-2013, 01:55 PM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        So stoked for this game! I already fully paid it off at GameStop lol.
        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mosk View Post
          So stoked for this game! I already fully paid it off at GameStop lol.
          I'm not paid in full, but been pre-ordered for awhile now.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #6
            Rockstar is one of the few companies I feel you can rely on to consistently make great games.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cahill View Post
              Rockstar is one of the few companies I feel you can rely on to consistently make great games.
              Very true. I hope they make a Red Dead 2
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                I was mildly disappointed in GTA IV. The driving was horrendous, the control was stiff, and the shooting and other gameplay mechanics just flat out didn't work.

                GTA V has some good things going for it like the multiple protagonists, scuba diving, and the sheer size, but I'm not yet convinced the gameplay will hold up. I was also hoping to go to Chicago or Detroit this time, but oh well.

                It's looking like a used or on sale buy if I buy it at all. Watch Dogs looks better, anyways.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                  Very true. I hope they make a Red Dead 2
                  That would be great times!!!!

                  Spin off as the son since Mardsen dies at the end.....
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    That would be great times!!!!

                    Spin off as the son since Mardsen dies at the end.....
                    ehh, id almost prefer one set earlier
                    1870s right after the civil war or something

                    what about a southern django type setting.wooooooooooooo thatd be cool
                    Last edited by VenomousDB; 05-04-2013, 06:28 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                      ehh, id almost prefer one set earlier
                      1870s right after the civil war or something
                      That would be pretty darned awesome too!!
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        That would be pretty darned awesome too!!
                        I edited that last one a little late. But something set in the south, like django, that would be really awesome
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                          I edited that last one a little late. But something set in the south, like django, that would be really awesome



                          I see the edit now... that'd be pretty fun.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ebsoria View Post


                            I see the edit now... that'd be pretty fun.
                            One thing Rockstar is the best at is creating memorable, unique characters in their games. Imagine all the weird characters they could create for the South.

                            As for GTA 5, I wonder when it will come out on PS4 and 720. Id imagine theyre pushing the tech to the limit for current gen
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              I was mildly disappointed in GTA IV. The driving was horrendous, the control was stiff, and the shooting and other gameplay mechanics just flat out didn't work.

                              GTA V has some good things going for it like the multiple protagonists, scuba diving, and the sheer size, but I'm not yet convinced the gameplay will hold up. I was also hoping to go to Chicago or Detroit this time, but oh well.

                              It's looking like a used or on sale buy if I buy it at all. Watch Dogs looks better, anyways.
                              dont agree at all. Did you read all the preview that where released on may 2nd ? They said the shooting and cover mechanic where more like MP3, the driving was improved. This will blow watch dogs away
                              sigpic

                              Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X