Steam's summer getaway sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam's summer getaway sale

Pud usually makes these threads but i just bought Bioshock infinite, Chivalry: medieval warfare, just cause 2, grand theft auto IV, and legend of grimrock for less than $50 total.

i am am set for a while! :dance:

http://store.steampowered.com/

My cousin bought Witcher 2 for like $5 off Steam.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      My cousin bought Witcher 2 for like $5 off Steam.
      yeah, bioshock: infinite was on sale for $30, i got all the rest for about $5 each give or take. just cause 2 was only $2.99

Comment

Pretty good sales, PC gamers must be in heaven right now.
        If I had a gaming PC I'd probably had bought a few things while still being under $60.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Just Cause 2 is the best game ever. I'm tempted to grab it just to try out the multiplayer mod the community made for it.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            Just Cause 2 is the best game ever. I'm tempted to grab it just to try out the multiplayer mod the community made for it.
            I've played it. It's awesome! So smooth!

edit: sorry, battery was dying.

Anyways, its great. The weapons aren't really accurate though, yet, but they are working on a new technique i hear. They are having a test i think next week. If you do try it, remember to use the teleport commands to get to more populated areas since that map is humongous.
            Last edited by BroncNuggsRocks; 07-13-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Heads up on an old game that they don't make anymore

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238210/

System Shock II

This game was as good as Half Life and ranks as one of my favorite all time vid games. The music is awesome as is the general atmosphere and playability.

For $2.50 where else are you going to find an elite game that scored 92 on Metacritic? This game goes for 30+ on ebay for the disk and packaging.

edit:
              by the way check out the rewards it had won;
              • PC Game Of the Year - USA Today (1999)
              • Best Action Game & Game of the Year - CNET (1999)
              • Game of the Year - Game Revolution (1999)
              • Game of the Year - Computer Games Online (1999)
              • RPG Game of the Year - PC Gamer (1999)
              • Game of the Year - Evil Avatar (1999)
              • Game of the Year - Intelligamer (1999)
              • RPG of the Year - Gamespy (1999)
              • RPG of the Year - Games Domain (1999)
              • Adventure Game of the Year - Gone Gold (1999)
              • Game of the Year - Glide Underground (1999)
              • Single Player Game of the Year - PC Accelerator (1999)
              • Best Genre Bender - Gamespy (1999)
              • 5th Best Game of All Time - PC Gamer (1999)
              Last edited by dizzolve; 07-17-2013, 09:06 AM.
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Steam summer sales are like christmas in july...Well if you are a computer gamer that is. With all the uproar Microsoft recieved about it's "always on" policy (That they eventually reversed) some people wondered how computer game stores (steam in particular) have been "getting away with it for so long." And that reason is blatantly obvious since the start of the steam summer sale. Games stay full price for maybe 6 months on steam and then quickly become cheaper and cheaper. Steam should be the business model Microsoft and Sony follow when they do decide to go to totally digital media.

Last night I purchased Dishonored and all its DLC for 11 dollars. 11....this same content on xbox live would have cost me 100. I could have bought Alan Wake and all its DLC for 3 bucks... an older game but still how much would this have cost on Xbox or Playstation?

Thanks for the recommendation Dizzolve I will check it out!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                  Steam summer sales are like christmas in july...Well if you are a computer gamer that is. With all the uproar Microsoft recieved about it's "always on" policy (That they eventually reversed) some people wondered how computer game stores (steam in particular) have been "getting away with it for so long." And that reason is blatantly obvious since the start of the steam summer sale. Games stay full price for maybe 6 months on steam and then quickly become cheaper and cheaper. Steam should be the business model Microsoft and Sony follow when they do decide to go to totally digital media.

Last night I purchased Dishonored and all its DLC for 11 dollars. 11....this same content on xbox live would have cost me 100. I could have bought Alan Wake and all its DLC for 3 bucks... an older game but still how much would this have cost on Xbox or Playstation?

hell ya, i usually don't buy games any other time except when steam has sales like this or when there is a game i just gotta have.

i am too ashamed to admit how many games i have bought since this sale has started, its a little ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post

You should get Alan Wake for that cheap, it's a really unique game with some awesome storytelling.

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    hell ya, i usually don't buy games any other time except when steam has sales like this or when there is a game i just gotta have.

i am too ashamed to admit how many games i have bought since this sale has started, its a little ridiculous.
                    lol... how many? > 10? I had the same feeling with the xbox sale a few weeks ago...

Comment

I've spent more money on these games than i care to admit
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I've spent $30 so far this sale. But that was during the first like 3 days... then I saw that my wallet was getting low (only $23 left) and so I decided to slow down. but i've voted on every vote!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          You should get Alan Wake for that cheap, it's a really unique game with some awesome storytelling.

lol... how many? > 10? I had the same feeling with the xbox sale a few weeks ago...
                          at least

i will be good until next summer, lets just say that.

Comment

Working...
                          X