Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I'm hearing terrible things about Fallout 76. Reviews have been horrid as well.
    Lots of brigading on right now. The game is a lot of fun if you actually take the time to play it...lots of people aren't.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Lots of brigading on right now. The game is a lot of fun if you actually take the time to play it...lots of people aren't.
      Playing a game before reviewing it??? What are you crazy???

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

I'm not personally dissing the game I'm just relaying the feedback I'm seeing on the internet. IGN basically gave it 5/10 which isn't that great. Seen a lot negative stuff from people who are playing the game too.

Comment

• I took a hard pass on 76, since ESO was a joke.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            I took a hard pass on 76, since ESO was a joke.
            ESO is also a rather good game. It started out bad at launch, but if you've played any of it since, it has grown into a very enjoyable experience (especially after the morrowind DLC)
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not personally dissing the game I'm just relaying the feedback I'm seeing on the internet. IGN basically gave it 5/10 which isn't that great. Seen a lot negative stuff from people who are playing the game too.
              Most of the reviews played five hours or less and threw it aside. It has some issues, no doubt, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as the negative echo chamber on the internet would have people believe.

Most of the biggest complaints are getting patched in the next two patches between now and the 11th.

Most of the complaints I've seen are from people who wanted fallout 5 and didn't want multiplayer. That's obviously never what it was meant to be. It is a side game, it's not a main game in the series. I'm not in love with the survival aspects, but it doesn't take away from anything. Once the bugs get cleaned up, it's going to be a lot of fun (it's already a lot of fun) I spent my weekend crafting some X-01 power armor and now I'm cruising the wastes in style.
              sigpic

Comment

Most of the reviews played five hours or less and threw it aside. It has some issues, no doubt, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as the negative echo chamber on the internet would have people believe.

Most of the biggest complaints are getting patched in the next two patches between now and the 11th.

Most of the complaints I've seen are from people who wanted fallout 5 and didn't want multiplayer. That's obviously never what it was meant to be. It is a side game, it's not a main game in the series. I'm not in love with the survival aspects, but it doesn't take away from anything. Once the bugs get cleaned up, it's going to be a lot of fun (it's already a lot of fun) I spent my weekend crafting some X-01 power armor and now I'm cruising the wastes in style.
                ESO is fantastic
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                  ESO is fantastic
                  You're Fantastic.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    You're Fantastic.
                    We are all Fantastic!!!
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                      ESO is fantastic
                      Yes it is! And people still claim its a garbage game because they've never played it, heard it was bad when it came out and never gave it a chance.

Right now the popular thing on the internet is to say how bad FO 76 sucks, but it is ACTUALLY enjoyable IMO. It's buggy, and it needs some work, but seeing their track record with ESO, I'll wait it out and see where it goes. It's a fun game and it has a whole lot of potential as long as they keep consistently working to improve it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes it is! And people still claim its a garbage game because they've never played it, heard it was bad when it came out and never gave it a chance.

Right now the popular thing on the internet is to say how bad FO 76 sucks, but it is ACTUALLY enjoyable IMO. It's buggy, and it needs some work, but seeing their track record with ESO, I'll wait it out and see where it goes. It's a fun game and it has a whole lot of potential as long as they keep consistently working to improve it.
                        I think the popular thing with 76 is the screw up with their $200 special edition. The canvas bag being switched out with the nylon bag and the company not caring.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          I think the popular thing with 76 is the screw up with their $200 special edition. The canvas bag being switched out with the nylon bag and the company not caring.
                          I think special editions are little stupid to being with, but that's just me. To each their own on that, but ya, bethesda needs to own up to that one, that's bad business.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I guess i hadn't looked real far into the whole power armor edition thing... wow Bethesda...that's...that's awful...I can defend FO 76 as a game because frankly I enjoy it, but that's some shady, shady stuff there... Their response on reddit just made me cringe.

Thanks for tagging us in this post. We’re not sure if you've seen this make the rounds on various areas of the internet, yet, but we've made an official statement about this issue and included it below:

"The Bethesda Store's Support member is a temporary contract employee and not directly employed by Bethesda or Bethesda Game Studios. We apologize to the customer who took the time to reach out. The support response was incorrect and not in accordance with our conduct policy. Unfortunately, due to unavailability of materials, we had to switch to a nylon carrying case in the Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition. We hope this doesn’t prevent anyone from enjoying what we feel is one of our best collector’s editions."

Thanks again for tagging us and letting us know.

Edit: We are working with our CS team to provide 500 Atoms to Power Armor Edition purchasers. Please visit our Support article here that provides instructions on how to get in touch with them: https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/44432
                            So basically, "what the temp dude said was true, but he said it in a way that made us look bad. We're still not going to do anything about it, here's $5 worth of in-game currency. Have a nice day, or don't, we don't care"

https://old.reddit.com/r/fo76/commen..._with/eaoaoqc/
                            sigpic

Comment

• Unfortunately I can't play ESO because I have satellite internet and people who have satellite internet know there are data caps. It's the only internet I can get out in the country where I live.

I will say this, Skyrim is still my favorite game of all time so I bet I'd like ESO.

I don't think I'd like Fallout 76, and not because of what everyone is saying online but because I couldn't get into Fallout 4. Just not my style of game I guess.

This year though? Nothing I've played this year is on that Red Dead Redemption 2 level. It has taken over the spot for my game of the year.
                              Last edited by ELWAY421; 11-29-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't play ESO because I have satellite internet and people who have satellite internet there are data caps. It's the only internet I can get out in the country where I live.

I will say this, Skyrim is still my favorite game of all time so I bet I'd like ESO.

I don't think I'd like Fallout 76, and not because of what everyone is saying online but because I couldn't get into Fallout 4. Just not my style of game I guess.

This year though? Nothing I've played this year is on that Red Dead Redemption 2 level. It has taken over the spot for my game of the year.
                                I played ESO when it first came out and I was like "If it wasn't an Elder Scrolls game, it would be a moderately fun generic MMO, but no way in hell does this feel like Elder Scrolls" I put the game down, didn't play it for probably a year or so and then I saw the Morrowind expansion and I've been craving the ability to return to Morrowind, so I got it.

It does feel like an Elder Scrolls game. It took time, but they did eventually polish and improve the game. I'm hoping that's what happens here with 76. Time will tell though. In the meantime, unlike ESO, this still feels like fallout to me so I can enjoy it as is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X