Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    FFIX is my favorite final fantasy of all time. Love Vivi!
    Its one of my favorites and I loved the music

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Ah ok I assumed you didn’t have it since you didn’t mention it. Yes it’s a pain this game chose to go that route but it’s because some of the mini games are mobile.

      The gamepro is a much better investment but if you know you’ll play Party with 3 plus people a lot the joy cons are a must buy unfortunately.

      Since my 6 year old fell in love I had to bite the bullet and get extra so my whole family can play.
      Yeah as of right now I'm good with just playing with the joy cons attached to the sides of the switch but I just ordered the gamecube controller adapter so I could play smash bros with a gamecube controller

      Comment


      • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
        I have 1 set of joy cons that came with the switch but I wanted to get another becuase my gf and I love mario party. It's just jesus louises 75 for those tiny little things. That's more than a game! I'll have to look into mario and rabbids.
        You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.




        Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

        Comment


        • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
          You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
          They work on every game as an individual controller. I’m just not a fan of how tiny they are.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
            That's good to hear. My hands arent gigantic but these joy cons make my hands feel like it.

            Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            They work on every game as an individual controller. I’m just not a fan of how tiny they are.
            Agreed. I dont get why they did

            Comment


            • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
              That's good to hear. My hands arent gigantic but these joy cons make my hands feel like it.



              Agreed. I dont get why they did
              My guess is for kids. My 4 and 6 year old have no issues with them at all. Of course they don’t really know any better. Although my 6 year old gets upset that I won’t let him use my gamepro controller for other games.

              They also work just fine connected to the switch as a mobile console. I have no issues with them then. Which is actually probably why they did it. But I like to play docked in a lot and so when the joy cons are not connected i hate them. Imagine Mario kart with them.
              Last edited by DenverBlood; 02-12-2019, 04:04 AM.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                My guess is for kids. My 4 and 6 year old have no issues with them at all. Of course they don’t really know any better. Although my 6 year old gets upset that I won’t let him use my gamepro controller for other games.

                They also work just fine connected to the switch as a mobile console. I have no issues with them then. Which is actually probably why they did it. But I like to play docked in a lot and so when the joy cons are not connected i hate them. Imagine Mario kart with them.
                Makes sense but did they really think their demographic was small children? I dont think a 4 year old would know how to use the thing. Also, I have played mario kart using 1 joy con...it was awful.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                  Makes sense but did they really think their demographic was small children? I dont think a 4 year old would know how to use the thing. Also, I have played mario kart using 1 joy con...it was awful.
                  I actually think it was more the convenience of sliding off and on to switch between docked in and mobile. Which they couldn’t do with something like the old wii controllers.

                  And no they probably weren’t marketing to 4 year olds at all. But probably did expect a lot of kids who wouldn’t mind the size.

                  My 4 year old is actually pretty decent with it though. He can play Mario Kart as well as Mario Party if we instruct him on the mini game before starting it. And the 6 year old really knows what he is doing with it.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    I actually think it was more the convenience of sliding off and on to switch between docked in and mobile. Which they couldn’t do with something like the old wii controllers.

                    And no they probably weren’t marketing to 4 year olds at all. But probably did expect a lot of kids who wouldn’t mind the size.

                    My 4 year old is actually pretty decent with it though. He can play Mario Kart as well as Mario Party if we instruct him on the mini game before starting it. And the 6 year old really knows what he is doing with it.
                    True I do enjoy laying in bed playing smash bros on the switch. It is a lot of fun.

                    Comment


                    • Warhorse studios acquired by THQ Nordic. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.... I don't know much about Nordic but I hope the allow warhorse to keep doing what they've been doing.

                      Comment


                      • Final Fantasy IX demo is available on switch.

                        And Final Fantasy VII will release on switch on March 26th.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Warhorse studios acquired by THQ Nordic. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.... I don't know much about Nordic but I hope the allow warhorse to keep doing what they've been doing.
                          Nordic had been a big buyer of studios and IPs lately. Even more than Microsoft




                          Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

                          Comment


                          • Started the Batman Telltale series. Pretty fun.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Finished KH3 last week. Restarted GoW since its been a while and i was only a few hours into the game.

                              On the mobile front i started playing a game called crashlands. It cost 7 bucks but there is no ads or in game purchases. Its a gathering RPG so lots of running around gathering material. but the graphics are top notch, the movement feels great, the items are fun, the story is funny. really enjoying it.
                              sigpic
                              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                              Comment


                              • Been grinding Anthem. Only play at night but get a lot done. I enjoy it, it's like any other MMO lite, looter shooter. Only flaws worth mentioning are just the bugs. Game has a serious crashing issue. But that's really it.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X