Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beat Elden Ring couple days ago. So been mostly playing around on some new characters I made. Still playing Lost Ark here and there, but do need to finish Far Cry 6 at some point before MLB The Show comes out.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • Started Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Pretty fun so far. Can tell it’s a bit more polished of an action RPG than Avengers.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Beat Elden Ring couple days ago. So been mostly playing around on some new characters I made. Still playing Lost Ark here and there, but do need to finish Far Cry 6 at some point before MLB The Show comes out.
        I almost bought Elden Ring but I had this feeling I just wouldn't like it. What did you think

        I usually give new triple A titles the benefit of the doubt just to experience what's new with technology etc but something told me to wait a while till the hype dies down. People calling it a masterpiece before even finishing it ....... we'll see.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
          Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 is beautiful
          I did enjoy both Horizon games. It's a great mix between prehistoric feel and futuristic tech. I played on PS5 but .......... I had to set settings to performance because it really wouldn't play nice on max graphics.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

            I almost bought Elden Ring but I had this feeling I just wouldn't like it. What did you think

            I usually give new triple A titles the benefit of the doubt just to experience what's new with technology etc but something told me to wait a while till the hype dies down. People calling it a masterpiece before even finishing it ....... we'll see.
            I really like the game, but I've been playing Fromsoftware's souls related games since Dark Souls 1. So I can only speak from the perspective of someone who is use to their formula and mechanics. Elden Ring is a very good game, but it is still a Fromsoft game, so hand holding is at a minimum. But it is also in my opinion the easier of the Souls related games. Is it a masterpiece? I wouldn't say so, but only because I do think there is issues like the camera can be janky, the lock on system can screw you over even if you turn off auto locks, the fall damage is inconsistent, and there is about 2 bosses that I'd say have some design flaws, one of which is subjective as I don't mind the fight itself, just don't like having to chase an enemy around.

            I'm hooked on it though. I've made 5 characters, one I started new game plus on, another is getting toward end game, the other 3 are still at the start. Made them for sometime down the road.
            Would also say gameplay wise its the most complete game from Fromsoftware. It combines a lot of the previous franchises into one.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Started Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Pretty fun so far. Can tell it’s a bit more polished of an action RPG than Avengers.
              Would say the big difference is one is a real action RPG and the other is a live service RPG. Live service is ruining a lot of games.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • Since warzone is full of hackers again my crew has been playing back 4 blood. I've also been playing battlefield 2042 and grab Turismo 7. Gonna get back into fallout 76 soon too
                sigpic

                2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                Comment


                • Since the update I hopped back into Battlefield 2042. I'm also playing my kids' Horizon Forbidden West

                  Comment


                  • So I finished Red Dead 1. Didn't finish the undead nightmare expansion. Got probably about half way through it and was starting to get some Red Dead fatigue after playing 2 then 1 back to back (but what a ride!), plus it started freezing more often than not when I tried to save... which was... problematic. Not generally into zombie type stuff anyway, but made an exception for this one. Enjoyed what I played of it, but it got pretty repetitive. I may look to watch the rest of the cinematics sometime, though I'll probably never get around to it.

                    Played a bit of The Force Unleashed for a bit... that game still holds up for me. What fun.

                    Now I'm primarily into Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a lot of fun, but I struggle with the gameplay style a bit. It's good and enjoyable, but 'Normal' is a bit too hard for me sometimes, so I had to turn it down. I hate to admit that on a public forum, but sometimes I just want to kick ass. If the gameplay itself isn't a major driver of my enjoyment (Story is my biggest factor usually), I'll often tune it down because I don't feel like mastering the mechanics. I have too many games I want to get to. I get to play in 30-60 minute sessions a lot of the time. Oh well.

                    I was dying a fair amount, and I could always get through those areas in a second or third try, but it was becoming a bit too repetitive constantly doing so, especially with the load time.

                    This morning I went to play and my save was corrupted. After it told me that, it took away my 'continue' option, and I was given the option of selecting the previous chapter, or starting a new game. Fortunately, I found that going to load game, it was able to load me up where it should have anyway.

                    Oh well.

                    Think I'll go play a bit in a few, actually.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                      So I finished Red Dead 1. Didn't finish the undead nightmare expansion. Got probably about half way through it and was starting to get some Red Dead fatigue after playing 2 then 1 back to back (but what a ride!), plus it started freezing more often than not when I tried to save... which was... problematic. Not generally into zombie type stuff anyway, but made an exception for this one. Enjoyed what I played of it, but it got pretty repetitive. I may look to watch the rest of the cinematics sometime, though I'll probably never get around to it.

                      Played a bit of The Force Unleashed for a bit... that game still holds up for me. What fun.

                      Now I'm primarily into Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a lot of fun, but I struggle with the gameplay style a bit. It's good and enjoyable, but 'Normal' is a bit too hard for me sometimes, so I had to turn it down. I hate to admit that on a public forum, but sometimes I just want to kick ass. If the gameplay itself isn't a major driver of my enjoyment (Story is my biggest factor usually), I'll often tune it down because I don't feel like mastering the mechanics. I have too many games I want to get to. I get to play in 30-60 minute sessions a lot of the time. Oh well.

                      I was dying a fair amount, and I could always get through those areas in a second or third try, but it was becoming a bit too repetitive constantly doing so, especially with the load time.

                      This morning I went to play and my save was corrupted. After it told me that, it took away my 'continue' option, and I was given the option of selecting the previous chapter, or starting a new game. Fortunately, I found that going to load game, it was able to load me up where it should have anyway.

                      Oh well.

                      Think I'll go play a bit in a few, actually.
                      That’s exactly how I’m pacing through Gaurdians. It’s a solid story and I was doing normal for awhile but it got a bit difficult. Dropped down so I could finish it up and move on to something else.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

                        That’s exactly how I’m pacing through Gaurdians. It’s a solid story and I was doing normal for awhile but it got a bit difficult. Dropped down so I could finish it up and move on to something else.
                        I felt a bit sheepish yesterday for saying this. Like many games, I think there needs to be something between Story mode and Normal mode difficulties. I love that they call them Story modes often now and I use it depending, usually with no shame. I did it for a while when I was getting used to Horizon Zero Dawn, but later turned it up. The easy is a bit too easy.

                        I feel much better now that I know it's not just me though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                          I felt a bit sheepish yesterday for saying this. Like many games, I think there needs to be something between Story mode and Normal mode difficulties. I love that they call them Story modes often now and I use it depending, usually with no shame. I did it for a while when I was getting used to Horizon Zero Dawn, but later turned it up. The easy is a bit too easy.

                          I feel much better now that I know it's not just me though.
                          Yeah sometimes easy is very corny but to me video games aren’t supposed to upset/stress me. That’s what my day job is for. To me video games are an escape and if I’m grinding and not enjoying it because I keep dying then what’s the point? I’m in it for a good story similar to a movie but want to be interactive with it. I usually always try to do games on normal but if I start to struggle too much I have no qualms about lowering it so I can advance.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • For Star Wars month I've been mostly playing Star Wars games.
                            Beat KOTR, KOTR2, Revenge of the Sith so far as some retro Star Wars to enjoy this month, than beat Jedi Fallen Order once more.
                            Also been playing the Old Republic.

                            On the side though been playing MLBTheShow and sparingly Destiny 2 and Halo Infinite. Once I feel like I'm finished with playing Star Wars for the month aka fatigue of Star Wars sets in, I'll probably be mostly playing Halo and Battlefield.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

                              Yeah sometimes easy is very corny but to me video games aren’t supposed to upset/stress me. That’s what my day job is for. To me video games are an escape and if I’m grinding and not enjoying it because I keep dying then what’s the point? I’m in it for a good story similar to a movie but want to be interactive with it. I usually always try to do games on normal but if I start to struggle too much I have no qualms about lowering it so I can advance.
                              Yeah, that's me, though I do struggle to accept/realize when I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be, like I did with this game. Then when it's too easy, I'll repeatedly get confused about whether I'm doing better because I got the hang of it/leveled up, or if it's just cause it's too easy. The gameplay did seem to get much easier when all powers were unlocked and all, but at the same time, My Xbox One X couldn't handle some of the scenes very well with lots of enemies, so doing them twice would have sucked pretty bad.

                              Finished yesterday. Great game.

                              Haven't decided yet what to play next. Middle Earth Shadow of War is back on Gamepass, so maybe that. Wish Witcher 3 would show back up. I own both of those on Steam, but would rather play on Xbox. Oh, also downloaded NHL 2022. Probably play a bit of that while the playoffs are on.

                              Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                              For Star Wars month I've been mostly playing Star Wars games.
                              Beat KOTR, KOTR2, Revenge of the Sith so far as some retro Star Wars to enjoy this month, than beat Jedi Fallen Order once more.
                              Also been playing the Old Republic.

                              On the side though been playing MLBTheShow and sparingly Destiny 2 and Halo Infinite. Once I feel like I'm finished with playing Star Wars for the month aka fatigue of Star Wars sets in, I'll probably be mostly playing Halo and Battlefield.
                              Out of curiosity.... how do you approach playing so many games at the same time? I struggle with playing two at the same time.

                              Although that reminds me. I'm also occasionally putting in 5-10 minutes or a couple of levels on another game. 'Hue'. It was one of the games with gold, and it finished downloading before I finished claiming the others, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

                              It's a unique platformer with an interesting story potentially. I'm intrigued and enjoying it in small doses as a decent palette cleanser/warm up/change of pace. Maybe I should be doing that with more smaller games. There's just so many AAA games from over the years that I've wanted to play and am just now getting around to.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

                                Yeah, that's me, though I do struggle to accept/realize when I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be, like I did with this game. Then when it's too easy, I'll repeatedly get confused about whether I'm doing better because I got the hang of it/leveled up, or if it's just cause it's too easy. The gameplay did seem to get much easier when all powers were unlocked and all, but at the same time, My Xbox One X couldn't handle some of the scenes very well with lots of enemies, so doing them twice would have sucked pretty bad.

                                Finished yesterday. Great game.

                                Haven't decided yet what to play next. Middle Earth Shadow of War is back on Gamepass, so maybe that. Wish Witcher 3 would show back up. I own both of those on Steam, but would rather play on Xbox. Oh, also downloaded NHL 2022. Probably play a bit of that while the playoffs are on.



                                Out of curiosity.... how do you approach playing so many games at the same time? I struggle with playing two at the same time.

                                Although that reminds me. I'm also occasionally putting in 5-10 minutes or a couple of levels on another game. 'Hue'. It was one of the games with gold, and it finished downloading before I finished claiming the others, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

                                It's a unique platformer with an interesting story potentially. I'm intrigued and enjoying it in small doses as a decent palette cleanser/warm up/change of pace. Maybe I should be doing that with more smaller games. There's just so many AAA games from over the years that I've wanted to play and am just now getting around to.
                                I dont have a life. lol
                                I'm usually gaming 8hrs a day. Mon thru Thursday 4 of those 8hrs is me live streaming on twitch. When I was playing KOTR,KOTR 2, Jedi Fallen Order, and Revenge of the Sith those were only played when I was streaming. Didn't play them much off stream. When it comes to like MLB the show, I'll play one game of franchise mode just to keep up with the Tigers schedule then turn it off. I might play 30mins or an hour of road to the show if Tigers didn't play. For Halo usually only play on weekends. Battlefield haven't played since November or December. Just considering going back.
                                Old Republic usually play on weekends, might play for an hour or 2 after live stream. Weekends I'll game for 10hrs if there is nothing I need to be doing.

                                So my time management just comes from me not having a life and not having an actual job. I'm either doing archery, playing guitar, playing video games or just watching Youtube.
                                If I'm playing a singleplayer game I only play that one game until I beat it and then I move on immediately to the next game I wanna beat.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X