Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captainbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
    That's good to hear. My hands arent gigantic but these joy cons make my hands feel like it.

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    They work on every game as an individual controller. I’m just not a fan of how tiny they are.
    Agreed. I dont get why they did

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    You should still be fine. The joy cons should be able to work as 2 controllers. Sucks because they are so tiny but it's a nice work around until get other controllers or whatever. We currently have 3 games (smash, Mario aces, and 1 2 switch) and using the joy cons separately works on all 3 games. I'm guessing Mario party would be the same.
    They work on every game as an individual controller. I’m just not a fan of how tiny they are.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    I have 1 set of joy cons that came with the switch but I wanted to get another becuase my gf and I love mario party. It's just jesus louises 75 for those tiny little things. That's more than a game! I'll have to look into mario and rabbids.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Ah ok I assumed you didn’t have it since you didn’t mention it. Yes it’s a pain this game chose to go that route but it’s because some of the mini games are mobile.

The gamepro is a much better investment but if you know you’ll play Party with 3 plus people a lot the joy cons are a must buy unfortunately.

Since my 6 year old fell in love I had to bite the bullet and get extra so my whole family can play.
    Yeah as of right now I'm good with just playing with the joy cons attached to the sides of the switch but I just ordered the gamecube controller adapter so I could play smash bros with a gamecube controller

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    FFIX is my favorite final fantasy of all time. Love Vivi!
    Its one of my favorites and I loved the music

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I have 1 set of joy cons that came with the switch but I wanted to get another becuase my gf and I love mario party. It's just jesus louises 75 for those tiny little things. That's more than a game! I'll have to look into mario and rabbids.
    Ah ok I assumed you didn’t have it since you didn’t mention it. Yes it’s a pain this game chose to go that route but it’s because some of the mini games are mobile.

The gamepro is a much better investment but if you know you’ll play Party with 3 plus people a lot the joy cons are a must buy unfortunately.

Since my 6 year old fell in love I had to bite the bullet and get extra so my whole family can play.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Supposedly 7, 9, x, and x2 are coming to switch. I might have to buy alll of em. Never quite beat 7 and I was on disc 3 for 9. I loved all of them.
    FFIX is my favorite final fantasy of all time. Love Vivi!

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I just saw that Final Fantasy X/X-ii is coming out on Switch. I totally want a switch now.
    Supposedly 7, 9, x, and x2 are coming to switch. I might have to buy alll of em. Never quite beat 7 and I was on disc 3 for 9. I loved all of them.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Look into the gamepro controllers. I believe they are currently $56. I got one for about $65 and i love it. It’s like a normal Xbox controller. And cheaper than these stupid clunky joy cons.

To my knowledge Mario Party is the only switch game that requires the joy cons. Which it sounds like you don’t have yet. It’s insane they charge $70 for two joy cons. I wouldn’t use them at all if not for Mario Party.

Also not sure your feelings on strategy games but Mario and Rabbids kingdom battle is on sale for $20. I got that when I first got my switch and loved it. Very underrated Mario game that dropped in price just because Ubisoft made it not Nintendo.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Apex Legends, pleasantly surprised.
    I'm kinda shocked how much I dislike it.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    GF got me a switch for my birthday. The switch is really cooool
    I just saw that Final Fantasy X/X-ii is coming out on Switch. I totally want a switch now.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Apex Legends, pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Me too. I wasnt sure how to really feel. I went to target and got super smash bros. They had a deal for a few games 40 and under if you buy 2 you get 1 free so I got the megaman x collection, sonic mania and bomberman. All 3 are so fun. Also ordered the gamecube adapter so I could use gamecube controllers for smash bros

Honestly I loved the Wii u. My gf and I bought a few controllers and loved the theme that came with it. Bummed you cant use em anymore. I can't believe the controllers for the switch are 75.
    Look into the gamepro controllers. I believe they are currently $56. I got one for about $65 and i love it. It’s like a normal Xbox controller. And cheaper than these stupid clunky joy cons.

To my knowledge Mario Party is the only switch game that requires the joy cons. Which it sounds like you don’t have yet. It’s insane they charge $70 for two joy cons. I wouldn’t use them at all if not for Mario Party.

Also not sure your feelings on strategy games but Mario and Rabbids kingdom battle is on sale for $20. I got that when I first got my switch and loved it. Very underrated Mario game that dropped in price just because Ubisoft made it not Nintendo.

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    Yeah it is. I was so skeptical of the system for a good while but finally got mine last March. I’ve probably already logged more hours on it than the entire time I owned a WiiU. Maybe even more than the Wii.

It’s also a really good system to play with my two boys. Though they are kind of decent at LEGO Batman on my Xbox too.

Should be some more good games coming later this year too.
    Me too. I wasnt sure how to really feel. I went to target and got super smash bros. They had a deal for a few games 40 and under if you buy 2 you get 1 free so I got the megaman x collection, sonic mania and bomberman. All 3 are so fun. Also ordered the gamecube adapter so I could use gamecube controllers for smash bros

Honestly I loved the Wii u. My gf and I bought a few controllers and loved the theme that came with it. Bummed you cant use em anymore. I can't believe the controllers for the switch are 75.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    GF got me a switch for my birthday. The switch is really cooool
    Yeah it is. I was so skeptical of the system for a good while but finally got mine last March. I’ve probably already logged more hours on it than the entire time I owned a WiiU. Maybe even more than the Wii.

It’s also a really good system to play with my two boys. Though they are kind of decent at LEGO Batman on my Xbox too.

Should be some more good games coming later this year too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X