Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    So I finished Red Dead 1. Didn't finish the undead nightmare expansion. Got probably about half way through it and was starting to get some Red Dead fatigue after playing 2 then 1 back to back (but what a ride!), plus it started freezing more often than not when I tried to save... which was... problematic. Not generally into zombie type stuff anyway, but made an exception for this one. Enjoyed what I played of it, but it got pretty repetitive. I may look to watch the rest of the cinematics sometime, though I'll probably never get around to it.

Played a bit of The Force Unleashed for a bit... that game still holds up for me. What fun.

Now I'm primarily into Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a lot of fun, but I struggle with the gameplay style a bit. It's good and enjoyable, but 'Normal' is a bit too hard for me sometimes, so I had to turn it down. I hate to admit that on a public forum, but sometimes I just want to kick ass. If the gameplay itself isn't a major driver of my enjoyment (Story is my biggest factor usually), I'll often tune it down because I don't feel like mastering the mechanics. I have too many games I want to get to. I get to play in 30-60 minute sessions a lot of the time. Oh well.

I was dying a fair amount, and I could always get through those areas in a second or third try, but it was becoming a bit too repetitive constantly doing so, especially with the load time.

This morning I went to play and my save was corrupted. After it told me that, it took away my 'continue' option, and I was given the option of selecting the previous chapter, or starting a new game. Fortunately, I found that going to load game, it was able to load me up where it should have anyway.

Oh well.

Think I'll go play a bit in a few, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Since the update I hopped back into Battlefield 2042. I'm also playing my kids' Horizon Forbidden West

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Since warzone is full of hackers again my crew has been playing back 4 blood. I've also been playing battlefield 2042 and grab Turismo 7. Gonna get back into fallout 76 soon too

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Started Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Pretty fun so far. Can tell it’s a bit more polished of an action RPG than Avengers.
    Would say the big difference is one is a real action RPG and the other is a live service RPG. Live service is ruining a lot of games.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

I almost bought Elden Ring but I had this feeling I just wouldn't like it. What did you think

I usually give new triple A titles the benefit of the doubt just to experience what's new with technology etc but something told me to wait a while till the hype dies down. People calling it a masterpiece before even finishing it ....... we'll see.
    I really like the game, but I've been playing Fromsoftware's souls related games since Dark Souls 1. So I can only speak from the perspective of someone who is use to their formula and mechanics. Elden Ring is a very good game, but it is still a Fromsoft game, so hand holding is at a minimum. But it is also in my opinion the easier of the Souls related games. Is it a masterpiece? I wouldn't say so, but only because I do think there is issues like the camera can be janky, the lock on system can screw you over even if you turn off auto locks, the fall damage is inconsistent, and there is about 2 bosses that I'd say have some design flaws, one of which is subjective as I don't mind the fight itself, just don't like having to chase an enemy around.

I'm hooked on it though. I've made 5 characters, one I started new game plus on, another is getting toward end game, the other 3 are still at the start. Made them for sometime down the road.
    Would also say gameplay wise its the most complete game from Fromsoftware. It combines a lot of the previous franchises into one.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 is beautiful
    I did enjoy both Horizon games. It's a great mix between prehistoric feel and futuristic tech. I played on PS5 but .......... I had to set settings to performance because it really wouldn't play nice on max graphics.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Beat Elden Ring couple days ago. So been mostly playing around on some new characters I made. Still playing Lost Ark here and there, but do need to finish Far Cry 6 at some point before MLB The Show comes out.
    I almost bought Elden Ring but I had this feeling I just wouldn't like it. What did you think

I usually give new triple A titles the benefit of the doubt just to experience what's new with technology etc but something told me to wait a while till the hype dies down. People calling it a masterpiece before even finishing it ....... we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Started Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Pretty fun so far. Can tell it’s a bit more polished of an action RPG than Avengers.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Beat Elden Ring couple days ago. So been mostly playing around on some new characters I made. Still playing Lost Ark here and there, but do need to finish Far Cry 6 at some point before MLB The Show comes out.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Broke down and got Elden Ring and it's been kicking my backside. But I've made it past the first main box so there's that. Now with guardians coming in going to be pressed for time because I figured Elden would keep me busy till tiny Tina comes out.
    I'm holding off on elden ring 1 because I'm not a huge fan of souls games and 2 because when wonderlands comes out that is all I will play for a while I'm sure.

I'll give elden ring a go when it hits the bargain bin and there is a lull in game releases.

Also forbidden West is still lots fun for me.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Broke down and got Elden Ring and it's been kicking my backside. But I've made it past the first main box so there's that. Now with guardians coming in going to be pressed for time because I figured Elden would keep me busy till tiny Tina comes out.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Its great, i like the changes they did to gameplay and I dig the story.
    Music to my ears. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Now I don't have to pick what my next game will be if I ever finish Red Dead Redemption 2.

I may eventually go back and try the first one, but gotta mix it up first.

How's Horizon?
    Its great, i like the changes they did to gameplay and I dig the story.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

its so good!
    Now I don't have to pick what my next game will be if I ever finish Red Dead Redemption 2.

I may eventually go back and try the first one, but gotta mix it up first.

How's Horizon?

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Gamepass! Glad I waited to buy it!
    its so good!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X