Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platinumed Toy Story 3 and within the next few hours Rio. Backlog slowly dwindling
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Looks interesting.
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Been playing some Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Budokai 3 is still the best DB game imo. But this one is pretty good, has its issues.

Also been jumping back and forth between Far Cry and GTA/Destiny. But mostly DBXV. I only play destiny when raids and weekly resets.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• GTA V Online-PS3
          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Been playing some Dragon Ball Xenoverse. Budokai 3 is still the best DB game imo. But this one is pretty good, has its issues.

Also been jumping back and forth between Far Cry and GTA/Destiny. But mostly DBXV. I only play destiny when raids and weekly resets.
            Is xenoverse any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
              Is xenoverse any good?
              It's probably the better Dragon Ball game since Budokai 3 and Tenkainchi. Depending rather or not you liked any of the raging blast. It plays more like action game than fighting game since there is so much you can do. There is a central hub similar to that of what you'd see in a MMO. 2 friends can join you in playing the story and side missions.

My only beef with it is the computer is kinda bull. They have unlimited kai and can spam their unblockable ultimate attacks. Which isnt a big deal if you have friends or CPU controlled teammates, but some missions puts you against 2 enemies at once sometimes more. So you cant move without a ultimate attack flying at you.

Another issue is the loot drop. You can Z rank a mission and not get a reward at all. So even if you perfectly do a quest, you're still gonna have to retry the mission over and over until it gives you what you want.
              Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 03-05-2015, 11:28 PM.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

It's probably the better Dragon Ball game since Budokai 3 and Tenkainchi. Depending rather or not you liked any of the raging blast. It plays more like action game than fighting game since there is so much you can do. There is a central hub similar to that of what you'd see in a MMO. 2 friends can join you in playing the story and side missions.

My only beef with it is the computer is kinda bull. They have ultimate kai and can spam their unblockable ultimate attacks. Which isnt a big deal if you have friends or CPU controlled teammates, but some missions puts you against 2 enemies at once sometimes more. So you cant move without a ultimate attack flying at you.

Another issue is the loot drop. You can Z rank a mission and not get a reward at all. So even if you perfectly do a quest, you're still gonna have to retry the mission over and over until it gived you what you want.
                sound annoying cant believe its gotten this far i remember playing the first budokai and being blown away budokai tenkaichi 3 is the best imo

Comment

• Working hard on Far Cry 4. Hadn't progressed much since I got it a month ago. But we've had back to back virtual days due to snow so I've knocked out 1/3 of my overall game progression in the past two days.

Just started the 3rd and final act.

Been spending a lot of time also trying to build my skills and craft things to try to make the ending easier. Should've done this a lot sooner. I didn't realize how quickly you can craft things and how much easier it makes the entire game.

Also keeping up with the Madden league. And haven't touched NBA live since the day EA access made it free.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is xenoverse any good?
                    Haven't played a DBZ game before (meaning my standards for them haven't been depreciated) but it's supposed to be one of the better ones:

- Many items and abilities to be collected and synthesized.
                    - Lots of custom-ability for both looks and attacks.
                    - Loads of levels to literally fight through.
                    - Able to do multi-player side missions both locally and online.
                    - I don't have much experience with fighting games but as I understand it the system is relatively basic but no more so than past DBZ games.

On the other hand:

- I didn't expect full-on RPG but I still felt fooled by the trailers on how much story there would be, or rather how well executed it would be.
                    - You can't truly explore anywhere but Toki Toki City and that's just a chore because it's a no-fly-zone and you have to walk through multiple load screens when switching between the main story and side quests.
                    - How they chose stages doesn't make sense. After you beat Frieza the story picks up at the Cell games, largely ignoring the best era of DBZ for the sake of things like fighting alongside and against Hercule.
                    - Some minor items, including environmental destruction, no way to preview new armor before purchasing, etc

Basically tons of content that will keep you busy for a while but the glue that holds it all together isn't too strong. High quantity medium quality. 7/10 for the PS4.

Comment

sound annoying cant believe its gotten this far i remember playing the first budokai and being blown away budokai tenkaichi 3 is the best imo
                      Its annoying, but its still a good enough game to where, you may be annoyed....but you really want that super attack or outfit, so you keep trying. And unlike another game I wont name. It doesnt make retrying a chore and the game doesnt get boring. The story is pretty bunched together, so you dont really get to enjoy the story itself. But this is like the 15th game of an anime that started in the 80s. So the story is known enough by now to where you dont have to have each act fully flushed out. Now only if they took the same system they have with this and fuse it with the story, exploration, transformations, etc. Of Budokai 3...It'd be the second best Dragon Ball game.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Its annoying, but its still a good enough game to where, you may be annoyed....but you really want that super attack or outfit, so you keep trying. And unlike another game I wont name. It doesnt make retrying a chore and the game doesnt get boring. The story is pretty bunched together, so you dont really get to enjoy the story itself. But this is like the 15th game of an anime that started in the 80s. So the story is known enough by now to where you dont have to have each act fully flushed out. Now only if they took the same system they have with this and fuse it with the story, exploration, transformations, etc. Of Budokai 3...It'd be the second best Dragon Ball game.
                        Sounds interesting are there still in game transformations?

Comment

Sounds interesting are there still in game transformations?
                          For the most part. But they went the separate transformations to fill character slot option. Remember in Budokai you could pick Cell and in game transform into perfect cell? In this game you can pick perfect cell or full power perfect cell. You can pick gohan or you can pick super saiyan 2 gohan. Wanna go Super Saiyan 4? Gotta pick SS4 Vegeta not Vegeta. But the basic transformations are there. You can pick goku or vegeta and power up to super saiyan. Your character if saiyan can as well.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

For the most part. But they went the separate transformations to fill character slot option. Remember in Budokai you could pick Cell and in game transform into perfect cell? In this game you can pick perfect cell or full power perfect cell. You can pick gohan or you can pick super saiyan 2 gohan. Wanna go Super Saiyan 4? Gotta pick SS4 Vegeta not Vegeta. But the basic transformations are there. You can pick goku or vegeta and power up to super saiyan. Your character if saiyan can as well.
                            Oh i see i hated when they took it away to me it didn't feel like DBZ i like playing trunks then going ultra super saiyan trunks then after a while power down as the fight goes on

Comment

Oh i see i hated when they took it away to me it didn't feel like DBZ i like playing trunks then going ultra super saiyan trunks then after a while power down as the fight goes on
                              Yea i feel like its a cheap way to avoid adding other characters. I mean the game has Frieza useless minions, but doesnt have Zarbon or Dedoria. Dabura isnt in the game, though his sister is a major character in the story. So a few missed chances with this game.
                              Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 03-06-2015, 04:29 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yea i feel like its a cheap way to avoid adding other characters. I mean the game has Frieza useless minions, but doesnt have Zarbon or Dedoria. Dabura isnt a in the game, those his sister is a major character in the story. So a few missed chances with this game.
                                Yeah i agree goku has like 8 forms and takes up slots which is lame

Comment

Working...
                                X