Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Well decided after nobody saves the world I figured deaths door would be up next. Started it not to long ago and haven't had the most time to play but the little I did seemed to play smoothly and has a nice unique style. I can see why it got the great reviews it did.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    So I had decided on a few options to go after when finishing my last game... I was going to go with Outer Wilds, or FF7 if I was still feeling RPG-y.

A few friends convinced me to take the plunge on Red Dead Redemption 2. I've been putting it off waiting for a sale or for the story to come to gamepass. I had decided to go after it, and ended up getting it on sale anyway.

It's going to be much harder to play this game in little chunks than most I've been playing. Other than that.... no complaints. Great game. I love the depth of the interactions with the world and the people. It's just very... full. Hard to describe past that... the world just has a lot of depth.
    RDR2 is amazing. It’s probably actually very easy to do on chunks because there are so many stories/quests that can be done quickly without being pulled in too long at once. And there’s tons to do.

I didn’t hear if you did Octopath on Switch or after it imported to Xbox? If on switch another great RPG in a similar mold is Bravely Default 2. I’ve put 45+ hours in that and barely halfway through the story. And the side quests are much easier to figure out what to do. But it’s a bit of a harder rpg and can elevate difficulty quickly. It’s only on switch though.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Beat God Of War and Detroit Become Human on PC. Now just waiting for Elden Ring, playing Far Cry 6 and DMC5 in the meantime. Both were on sale.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    So I had decided on a few options to go after when finishing my last game... I was going to go with Outer Wilds, or FF7 if I was still feeling RPG-y.

A few friends convinced me to take the plunge on Red Dead Redemption 2. I've been putting it off waiting for a sale or for the story to come to gamepass. I had decided to go after it, and ended up getting it on sale anyway.

It's going to be much harder to play this game in little chunks than most I've been playing. Other than that.... no complaints. Great game. I love the depth of the interactions with the world and the people. It's just very... full. Hard to describe past that... the world just has a lot of depth.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    So didn't feel like focusing too much so gave the nobody saves the world a shot and it is a really fun game. A top down view game where you can change forms. Got sucked into that so might knock that out and bounce back to mass effect lol

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Few games I'm dabbling in;
    God of War on PC
    Final Fantasy 14 on PC
    Master Duel on PC and Series X
    Replaying through all the Halo games( I do it every year)
    NBA2K22 on Series X here and there.

Elden Ring will have my full attention next month.
    I'll have to remember that in 2-3 months... may download it now so I don't forget... good tip, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Few games I'm dabbling in;
    God of War on PC
    Final Fantasy 14 on PC
    Master Duel on PC and Series X
    Replaying through all the Halo games( I do it every year)
    NBA2K22 on Series X here and there.

Elden Ring will have my full attention next month.

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied

That's awesome. I think I'm a little over 50 hours in. Probably a decent chunk of that though is the game paused while I do other things, but either way I honestly didn't expect it to have this long of gameplay. That's not a bad thing though. I'm hitting my third round of quests, and the last few boss fights got a bit easier for me with the top tier skills and a bit of overleveling by running a main three.... a lot of fun though...

Fortunately, I have my brain convinced that Horizon 2, God Of War 2, Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima... these games simply don't exist until after I get around to getting a PS5... and I'm not paying scalpers.

Try downloading the Hotstock app on your phone. It's pretty fair with stock notifications for ps5/xbox etc, Just need to be fast when you get an alert!

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Well just downloaded 4 more games now to decide how I want to work through them lol.

Already playing
    Halo Infinite and mass effect

Downloaded
    Hitman trilogy
    rainbow six extraction
    Nobody saves the world
    deaths door

Don't know why I do this to myself.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

It’s probably my favorite game ever. Put over 80 hours into it and would’ve taken longer but got a little bit bored with the repetitive dialogue in the final chapter for each character. Kind of just wanted to finish the game at that point and move on to Red Dead 2. So skipped dialogue and just did the battles. But an amazing game. Very addicting. I can’t wait for project triangle which of similar graphic design in March but is a turn based tactics game rather than RPG.

I played it on switch before it came to gamepass.
    That's awesome. I think I'm a little over 50 hours in. Probably a decent chunk of that though is the game paused while I do other things, but either way I honestly didn't expect it to have this long of gameplay. That's not a bad thing though. I'm hitting my third round of quests, and the last few boss fights got a bit easier for me with the top tier skills and a bit of overleveling by running a main three.... a lot of fun though...

Originally posted by Tony View Post
    Bare in mind, february will be brutal! Dying Light 2 in 2 weeks, which i hear is massive. Then 2 weeks later, Horizon 2, and then the following week, Elden Ring. The backlog keeps growing, and it won't stop!
    Fortunately, I have my brain convinced that Horizon 2, God Of War 2, Miles Morales, Ghost of Tsushima... these games simply don't exist until after I get around to getting a PS5... and I'm not paying scalpers.

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    Bare in mind, february will be brutal! Dying Light 2 in 2 weeks, which i hear is massive. Then 2 weeks later, Horizon 2, and then the following week, Elden Ring. The backlog keeps growing, and it won't stop!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    A Friend recommended Octopath Traveler to me.... I'm quite a ways in, but also have a ways to go.

It's an old-schoolish RPG... like a modern take on a Final Fantasy 1. More modern (but still pixel-style) graphics, but 3 dimensional feeling maps and cool effects... really having a good time and it scratches that FF1 itch I've had for possibly years.

I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of older RPG games.
    It’s probably my favorite game ever. Put over 80 hours into it and would’ve taken longer but got a little bit bored with the repetitive dialogue in the final chapter for each character. Kind of just wanted to finish the game at that point and move on to Red Dead 2. So skipped dialogue and just did the battles. But an amazing game. Very addicting. I can’t wait for project triangle which of similar graphic design in March but is a turn based tactics game rather than RPG.

I played it on switch before it came to gamepass.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Halo Infinite and mass effect legendary edition. Probably download the Hitman trilogy also. So many games in the backlog.
    I feel this.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    A Friend recommended Octopath Traveler to me.... I'm quite a ways in, but also have a ways to go.

It's an old-schoolish RPG... like a modern take on a Final Fantasy 1. More modern (but still pixel-style) graphics, but 3 dimensional feeling maps and cool effects... really having a good time and it scratches that FF1 itch I've had for possibly years.

I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of older RPG games.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Halo Infinite and mass effect legendary edition. Probably download the Hitman trilogy also. So many games in the backlog.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X