Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I have a six core 3.3 ghz. If I get a new cpu cooler ill overclock it and see what i can get out of it. I definitely need a gpu upgrade
    is it the Intel Core i7-5820K? because that's what im leaning towards right now
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
      is it the Intel Core i7-5820K? because that's what im leaning towards right now
      I'm an AMD man myself. You seem to get more bang for your buck with AMD. I've got an AMD Black Edition 8-core FX-8150 3.6ghz

      Then again I've been pretty heavily biased towards AMD for CPU and Nvidia for GPU for probably 10 years now.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • ive never used AMD always intel...but not opposed to AMD
        sigpic
        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

        Comment


        • I use AMD stuff exclusively. More bang for the buck. Built a rig that I can play just about everything on 1080p on highfor under 400 bucks.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
            ive never used AMD always intel...but not opposed to AMD
            They tend to be the best performance to dollar ratio. If you are going for the absolute fastest, you might be better off Intel, but if you are trying to get the most out of your money AMD is great. You can get similar performance out of an AMD CPU.

            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I use AMD stuff exclusively. More bang for the buck. Built a rig that I can play just about everything on 1080p on highfor under 400 bucks.
            Yep! I paid $120 for my processor a year or so ago and it's still good enough that I don't even need to consider replacing it. When the time comes that I do feel like replacing it, AMD is still using AM3 so I'll just buy a new CPU and pop it in the existing MOBO and we're still good to go.

            I love AMD for CPU. Hate AMD/ATI video cards, but for processors I don't even take Intel into consideration anymore, too expensive.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
              is it the Intel Core i7-5820K? because that's what im leaning towards right now
              Nope it's AMD. I bought it 4 or 5 years ago for a couple hundred bucks. It still runs like its brand new. I want to overclock it and get a new gpu sometime.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • I mean obviously, the super high end top dollar CPU's...those are going to be Intel. But a AMD FX-8530 is really comparable in performance to a i7-4820

                Brand new the Intel is $497.00

                The 8350? $149.95 and can handle anything you throw at it. You really can't beat the price to performance of AMD.

                The i7 5820k is a little more reasonable at $376, but the AMD FX 9590 is $229.99. Now granted the 5820k is the better chipset, but we're talking a 5-10 FPS difference in most games for over $100 difference in price.

                Intel has the better product, but you pay for it, you can drop down to a comparable AMD product for a lot less money.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I mean obviously, the super high end top dollar CPU's...those are going to be Intel. But a AMD FX-8530 is really comparable in performance to a i7-4820

                  Brand new the Intel is $497.00

                  The 8350? $149.95 and can handle anything you throw at it. You really can't beat the price to performance of AMD.

                  The i7 5820k is a little more reasonable at $376, but the AMD FX 9590 is $229.99. Now granted the 5820k is the better chipset, but we're talking a 5-10 FPS difference in most games for over $100 difference in price.

                  Intel has the better product, but you pay for it, you can drop down to a comparable AMD product for a lot less money.
                  To follow up though, from a pure gaming standpoint, there is not much difference in FPS between my several year old FX-8150 that cost me $130ish and a Intel Core i7-5820K BUT there are areas where intel blows it away (like video encoding as an example) so for you, if your doing a lot of multimedia, intel might work better. But for someone looking for gaming purposes, AMD is completely the way to go.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    To follow up though, from a pure gaming standpoint, there is not much difference in FPS between my several year old FX-8150 that cost me $130ish and a Intel Core i7-5820K BUT there are areas where intel blows it away (like video encoding as an example) so for you, if your doing a lot of multimedia, intel might work better. But for someone looking for gaming purposes, AMD is completely the way to go.
                    Yeah that is why i am leaning towards intel, i do a lot of video and photo editing and getting into HDR, so i want as much processing power as i can get. Im looking to put more money into CPU and RAM and cutting back on GPU. Big swap from what i would have built 10 years ago! But with what little time i have for video games as it is the PS4 is all i really need.

                    And i guess now that i think about i do use AMD, in my ps4!
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                    Comment


                    • ARRRRGHHH! My videocard is sitting on my porch and I'm still at work...This last hour SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSS...

                      Worse yet, this morning I realized my licence expired back in february and I've been driving around without a license so now I have to go fix that mistake after work before I can enjoy my pretty shiny new graphics...
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        ARRRRGHHH! My videocard is sitting on my porch and I'm still at work...This last hour SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSS...

                        Worse yet, this morning I realized my licence expired back in february and I've been driving around without a license so now I have to go fix that mistake after work before I can enjoy my pretty shiny new graphics...
                        I did that the day before a beach trip last year. Got caught when I was buying beer. Very embarrassing.

                        But I was quickly able to renew online and print out a temp card. May want to look into that before running off to the DMV.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          ARRRRGHHH! My videocard is sitting on my porch and I'm still at work...This last hour SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSS...

                          Worse yet, this morning I realized my licence expired back in february and I've been driving around without a license so now I have to go fix that mistake after work before I can enjoy my pretty shiny new graphics...
                          Mine expired in October.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                            Yeah that is why i am leaning towards intel, i do a lot of video and photo editing and getting into HDR, so i want as much processing power as i can get. Im looking to put more money into CPU and RAM and cutting back on GPU. Big swap from what i would have built 10 years ago! But with what little time i have for video games as it is the PS4 is all i really need.

                            And i guess now that i think about i do use AMD, in my ps4!
                            I want to go Intel for my next one. Probably i7
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              ARRRRGHHH! My videocard is sitting on my porch and I'm still at work...This last hour SUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKSS...

                              Worse yet, this morning I realized my licence expired back in february and I've been driving around without a license so now I have to go fix that mistake after work before I can enjoy my pretty shiny new graphics...
                              Sounds like torture, but hopefully by now you are enjoying the new toy!
                              sigpic
                              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                              Comment


                              • Played the Mirror's Edge beta....not sure what to think of it. But a singleplayer beta....closed demo is what it really is.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X