Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I can tell you Guardians is surprisingly good. I recently did a review of it on Youtube. I was in the same boat as you, thinking it would suck. Especially bc Square Enix published it, whom is the same publisher of the very underwhelming Avengers game. Accompany that with you only play as Star Lord and its singleplayer(Singleplayer isn't a problem, just its a game with 5 characters and only one can be played.) I had no interest in the game.

A friend gifted it to me as a Christmas gift...and it shocked me how much I enjoyed it. Convinced my cousin to give it a try after I reviewed it, and he loves it.
    Thanks for the quick rundown, Blaze!

I honestly played a bit of the Avengers game, just because it's on Game Pass. Went in with low expectations, really enjoyed what I did get to... but I didn't get that far before I had a few games gifted to me that I focused on instead.

I will probably never go back to Avengers, because I know it's a looter grind, and I don't have any interest in that. The story seemed pretty well done and the graphics were amazing on the parts I played, but I just won't get into that style of game long term.

In anycase... yeah. Single player (even if I don't get to Groot) is right up my alley... so this is definitely on my short list now. Thanks again!

Edit: Do you have a link to your review?
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 01-13-2022, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

This is on my todo list as well. I'm behind in my Halo games though.

See, it's funny... I completely disregarded the Guardians game in my head for some reason... like forgot it was a thing even. Probably figured it would suck and didn't want to get my hopes up... gonna have to check it out I guess. (I've heard good things from at least one other)

I've not even played the original, but have always been curious.
    I can tell you Guardians is surprisingly good. I recently did a review of it on Youtube. I was in the same boat as you, thinking it would suck. Especially bc Square Enix published it, whom is the same publisher of the very underwhelming Avengers game. Accompany that with you only play as Star Lord and its singleplayer(Singleplayer isn't a problem, just its a game with 5 characters and only one can be played.) I had no interest in the game.

A friend gifted it to me as a Christmas gift...and it shocked me how much I enjoyed it. Convinced my cousin to give it a try after I reviewed it, and he loves it.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Been playing Halo Infinite's campaign and been having a ball.
    This is on my todo list as well. I'm behind in my Halo games though.

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Miles Morales and Guardians of the Galaxy are amazing on the PS5. I'm also playing Battlefield 2042. It has been a rough go, the game itself looks nice, but the gunplay is dicey. I had to turn off cross play and only play with other PS5 users because with PC players it was like shooting fish in a barrel for them.
    See, it's funny... I completely disregarded the Guardians game in my head for some reason... like forgot it was a thing even. Probably figured it would suck and didn't want to get my hopes up... gonna have to check it out I guess. (I've heard good things from at least one other)

Originally posted by S h o O o b i e View Post
    Has anyone played the Diablo II remake?
    I've not even played the original, but have always been curious.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Dark Souls 3.

Leave a comment:

• S h o O o b i e
    replied
    Has anyone played the Diablo II remake?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Yeah, of the next gen consoles, I'm going after a PS5 first (if possible) and my goal is to have it when Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, and the next Spiderman game were all available. I know that the Miles Morales game is out, but I'm putting it off to play when I get the PS5. Also Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm excited for getting the next gen Xbox as well... but just so it'll be a faster better version of what I'm already getting. Love the features etc. but the exclusive wins are still on PS side.

Anyway... there were way too many things that I didn't feel like working on/towards in both Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, that I never even tried going for platinum. But they're both amazing games I enjoyed immensely.
    Miles Morales and Guardians of the Galaxy are amazing on the PS5. I'm also playing Battlefield 2042. It has been a rough go, the game itself looks nice, but the gunplay is dicey. I had to turn off cross play and only play with other PS5 users because with PC players it was like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Been playing Halo Infinite's campaign and been having a ball.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Yeah, of the next gen consoles, I'm going after a PS5 first (if possible) and my goal is to have it when Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, and the next Spiderman game were all available. I know that the Miles Morales game is out, but I'm putting it off to play when I get the PS5. Also Ghost of Tsushima.

I'm excited for getting the next gen Xbox as well... but just so it'll be a faster better version of what I'm already getting. Love the features etc. but the exclusive wins are still on PS side.

Anyway... there were way too many things that I didn't feel like working on/towards in both Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, that I never even tried going for platinum. But they're both amazing games I enjoyed immensely.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied

You have to do ultimate difficulty to get the plat on Spiderman, but it really didn't strike me as very hard. I usually don't challenge myself too much in games because I don't have the time I used to. I didn't struggle with ultimate difficulty on NG+ at all. Think it got hard in the DLCs, which I also 100%.... but yeah.

Yeah, Gamepass in addition to the ridiculous library of games on Steam and Epic that is untouched makes it really easy to move on from game to game, and that's kinda what I'm looking for in general right now.

Let me know how the campaign in Halo is. Haven't played one since Halo 3. Going back and playing Reach and ODST are on my long list of game todos.
    Must have done it than because I remember I got platinum on spiderman and horizon zero dawn. Couldn't push myself to get it on god of war. But I think I was kind of burnt out on third person action adventure games at that point as I played them all back to back lol.

Yeah the ability to silly mice on if a game isn't for me is nice plus having the indie games in there as palette cleansers is nice and found some fun smaller games. Plus the variety is nice. Playing games the are similar can get tiring so have the variety is nice. Plus stopped buying the season passes that I never really got back to. Pretty sure I have the Valhalla season pass and haven't touched it.

I've heard good things about the new halo campaign gameplay has been fantastic in the multiplayer portion and looking forward to the sandbox that is halo.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

DLC have been tough for me I used to get the ultimate editions but I rarely came back to the game. Now with game pass I would be more willing to pick up DLC but unless a game really grabs me I tend to move on. Only games that tend to stick around are multiplayer games. I probably have 5 or 6 that I have always installed incase that is what others are playing. Single player for me is currently forza horizon but that's when I'm not playing halo which I will probably start the single player there.

Spiderman was a great game got the platinum on that game but I don't think I attempted ultimate difficulty.
    You have to do ultimate difficulty to get the plat on Spiderman, but it really didn't strike me as very hard. I usually don't challenge myself too much in games because I don't have the time I used to. I didn't struggle with ultimate difficulty on NG+ at all. Think it got hard in the DLCs, which I also 100%.... but yeah.

Yeah, Gamepass in addition to the ridiculous library of games on Steam and Epic that is untouched makes it really easy to move on from game to game, and that's kinda what I'm looking for in general right now.

Let me know how the campaign in Halo is. Haven't played one since Halo 3. Going back and playing Reach and ODST are on my long list of game todos.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied

Yeah, I really enjoyed both of the DLCs, but I have really mixed feelings on the price point and general model.

The DLCs were great. I got them both with the season pass.

Given the price of the base game, was Wrath of Druids worth $25? Was Siege of Paris? To me, not really, I don't think? Are both worth the discounted price of $40 on the season pass? A bit closer, but still feels a bit high to me.

I'm finally at a place in my life where I have the time and money to do DLC sometimes, which I didn't in the past... and I enjoyed the DLC and it was worth it to me.

The next DLC is supposed to add 40 hours of gameplay reportedly. Is that worth $25? Maybe. Will I pick the game back up after I've moved on so I can play it? Maybe not. I may be tempted to get the second season pass if the reviews of the first DLC are good enough, and I feel like it... though I have a giant backlog of games I could be playing at any given time.

But then I could see myself buying the second season pass, playing the first DLC and not playing the second.

If I wait until both DLCs are out to try it again, maybe that will make it better.... but then if I feel the need for more AC, I could always go back for the 3-4 games in the series I haven't gotten to yet. I own one or two of them already (couldn't pass up a sale, or it was free).

I didn't have the time/money for DLCs when Mass Effect was new.... and it may be my favorite gameseries ever... but recently replayed it with the Legendary edition, and didn't realize how important some of those DLCs were/are. Recently got into Dragon Age and played through all of those as well, but with no DLC, and later found out I missed quite a bit not having it.

Anyone else struggle with this?

I'm currently playing Spiderman PS4 again, getting hyped for the movie. Wife shelled out for the ultimate edition or whatever when she bought it for me a while back, so I got all of the DLC initially and loved it.

So DLC rant aside...

Spiderman PS4 is on my all time greats list. Only game I've ever gone after and gotten 100% of the trophies. Ultimate difficulty probably could have been harder, but that's what got me to even bother trying to go after getting everything.

But it's so easy to jump into a NG+... and you can pretty much just fly (ok, swing) right through the main story and just stop for whatever little side stuff you feel like or don't.
    DLC have been tough for me I used to get the ultimate editions but I rarely came back to the game. Now with game pass I would be more willing to pick up DLC but unless a game really grabs me I tend to move on. Only games that tend to stick around are multiplayer games. I probably have 5 or 6 that I have always installed incase that is what others are playing. Single player for me is currently forza horizon but that's when I'm not playing halo which I will probably start the single player there.

Spiderman was a great game got the platinum on that game but I don't think I attempted ultimate difficulty.

Leave a comment:

• dipablo
    replied
    Playing Forza 5 and guardians of the Galaxy. Guardians is fantastic highly recommend.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony View Post

The Main story was good. I've just finished both of the dlc expansions, which were pretty decent. I hear ubisoft will release 2 more dlc expansions early next year, which could be interesting.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed both of the DLCs, but I have really mixed feelings on the price point and general model.

The DLCs were great. I got them both with the season pass.

Given the price of the base game, was Wrath of Druids worth $25? Was Siege of Paris? To me, not really, I don't think? Are both worth the discounted price of $40 on the season pass? A bit closer, but still feels a bit high to me.

I'm finally at a place in my life where I have the time and money to do DLC sometimes, which I didn't in the past... and I enjoyed the DLC and it was worth it to me.

The next DLC is supposed to add 40 hours of gameplay reportedly. Is that worth $25? Maybe. Will I pick the game back up after I've moved on so I can play it? Maybe not. I may be tempted to get the second season pass if the reviews of the first DLC are good enough, and I feel like it... though I have a giant backlog of games I could be playing at any given time.

But then I could see myself buying the second season pass, playing the first DLC and not playing the second.

If I wait until both DLCs are out to try it again, maybe that will make it better.... but then if I feel the need for more AC, I could always go back for the 3-4 games in the series I haven't gotten to yet. I own one or two of them already (couldn't pass up a sale, or it was free).

I didn't have the time/money for DLCs when Mass Effect was new.... and it may be my favorite gameseries ever... but recently replayed it with the Legendary edition, and didn't realize how important some of those DLCs were/are. Recently got into Dragon Age and played through all of those as well, but with no DLC, and later found out I missed quite a bit not having it.

Anyone else struggle with this?

I'm currently playing Spiderman PS4 again, getting hyped for the movie. Wife shelled out for the ultimate edition or whatever when she bought it for me a while back, so I got all of the DLC initially and loved it.

So DLC rant aside...

Spiderman PS4 is on my all time greats list. Only game I've ever gone after and gotten 100% of the trophies. Ultimate difficulty probably could have been harder, but that's what got me to even bother trying to go after getting everything.

But it's so easy to jump into a NG+... and you can pretty much just fly (ok, swing) right through the main story and just stop for whatever little side stuff you feel like or don't.

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    I am just finishing up AC Valhalla.

I really enjoyed it. I get why some AC fans didn't so much, but the story was compelling for me, and it was the first of the open-world AC games I'd played.

What's funny is I got through about half of the game before it really dawned on me that many of the characters met in the game are historical, just because 9th century Viking in England history isn't my strong suit... but I have Viking (Swedish anyway) blood, so I really enjoyed that and now that I'm finishing up I am looking into more of the history behind some of the game points, and chatting with my Dad about it, who enjoys history more than I do. We both have very Vikingr names.
    The Main story was good. I've just finished both of the dlc expansions, which were pretty decent. I hear ubisoft will release 2 more dlc expansions early next year, which could be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    I am just finishing up AC Valhalla.

I really enjoyed it. I get why some AC fans didn't so much, but the story was compelling for me, and it was the first of the open-world AC games I'd played.

What's funny is I got through about half of the game before it really dawned on me that many of the characters met in the game are historical, just because 9th century Viking in England history isn't my strong suit... but I have Viking (Swedish anyway) blood, so I really enjoyed that and now that I'm finishing up I am looking into more of the history behind some of the game points, and chatting with my Dad about it, who enjoys history more than I do. We both have very Vikingr names.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X