Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Final fantasy 15 and witcher 3 both have great stories. I'm currently at 37 hours on FF and spent 56 on witcher 3.

They exist. But not for shooters. Which is mostly what Microsoft develops for exclusives.
    hey now Titanfall 2 had a good story.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Does it really? That was my only disappointment with Titanfall. I've been curious what they did for 2 but I quit 1 years ago.

I may pick it up someday for cheap but don't really want to get back into the multiplayer part.
      sigpic

Comment

Spent all week leveling up and just beat final fantasy first try on the final two bosses.

Actually thought Arydyn was way easier than ifritt surprisingly.

Easily my second favorite next gen game next to Witcher 3.
        I think the constantly use of your powers make the Arydn fight easy. What did you think of the conclusion of the story? A lot of people were confused by it. Some understood it. I recall reading that some folks was pissy because they didn't understand Arydn goal.

Side note, if you are gonna go up against the giant turtle, set aside sometime. With a 75 lvl squad, takes 2hours of nonstop fighting to kill it. Give or take depending on weapons.

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Would agree with that, it has a pretty enjoyable story.

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Do companies just not care about the story anymore? There's only a handful of games that I can think of that have a good story. Maybe it's just Andromeda that has me thinking like this but going through the Xbox store so many games seem to just flat out suck. NBA 2k17 literally has a better story than a lot of these games IMO
        There are plenty, just have to be willing to give games that might not look all that interesting a chance. There's the Metro series, which are hidden gems of gaming. Witcher 3 as previously mentioned, FFXV, the remasters like Skyrim, DmC.

Then again maybe I just have bad taste, I have 4 characters in Andromeda.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I think the constantly use of your powers make the Arydn fight easy. What did you think of the conclusion of the story? A lot of people were confused by it. Some understood it. I recall reading that some folks was pissy because they didn't understand Arydn goal.

Side note, if you are gonna go up against the giant turtle, set aside sometime. With a 75 lvl squad, takes 2hours of nonstop fighting to kill it. Give or take depending on weapons.
          I don't know. I finished the game at Noctis being a level 50. It would take double my current hours in the game to reach level 75. I tell ya those level 72 things outside the castle were insane. I ran and he still shot a beam that leveled my whole crew.

I never quite understand why these games make non story involved characters way higher levels than the actual campaign final bosses.

At least the turtle comes with a 110 point Xbox live achievement.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I finished the game at Noctis being a level 50. It would take double my current hours in the game to reach level 75. I tell ya those level 72 things outside the castle were insane. I ran and he still shot a beam that leveled my whole crew.

I never quite understand why these games make non story involved characters way higher levels than the actual campaign final bosses.

At least the turtle comes with a 110 point Xbox live achievement.
            Yea it comes with an achievement and an item that makes any character health all 9's across. They added a new enemy to the game at the end. The giant robotic shrimp thingy wasn't there when I beat the game back in like January. First time I dealt with it was in the Prompto DLC, in which he two shots Prompto because in the DLC you are a level 30 something and it's like 72.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yea it comes with an achievement and an item that makes any character health all 9's across. They added a new enemy to the game at the end. The giant robotic shrimp thingy wasn't there when I beat the game back in like January. First time I dealt with it was in the Prompto DLC, in which he two shots Prompto because in the DLC you are a level 30 something and it's like 72.
              Yeah I have a buddy that said he got episode prompto today. I am interested in checking it out but I also have Last of Us remastered calling my name.
              sigpic

Comment

• Mafia III is a great story imo. Depending on what type of games you are hip to of course.

I started getting into the gangster games like with godfather on ps2, I think. Mafia II was great, and Mafia III is right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                  Mafia III is a great story imo. Depending on what type of games you are hip to of course.

I started getting into the gangster games like with godfather on ps2, I think. Mafia II was great, and Mafia III is right there.
                  I've played those games and loved them. They are grand theft auto style games with gangster story.

I'm glad you mentioned it cuz I haven't gotten around to Mafia 3 yet.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Started playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds on PC. It's a really amazingly fun game.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      Mafia III is a great story imo. Depending on what type of games you are hip to of course.

I heard a lot of mixed things about. Heard the story is great but the gameplay is repetitive. The usual. Never finished a Mafia game. Started Mafia 2, I have it on 360. Waiting for them to make it backwards compatible on X1. Played the Godfather games and Scarface games though. Everything I've seen on Mafia 3 tells me the story is one everyone should experience.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Would agree with that, it has a pretty enjoyable story.

There are plenty, just have to be willing to give games that might not look all that interesting a chance. There's the Metro series, which are hidden gems of gaming. Witcher 3 as previously mentioned, FFXV, the remasters like Skyrim, DmC.

Then again maybe I just have bad taste, I have 4 characters in Andromeda.
                        I've beat Witcher 3 and have played Skyrim to oblivion (couldn't resist ). I'll have to check out the metro series once I finish FFXV.

Andromeda just felt rushed and unoriginal. The remnant are basically the same enemies from the newer halo games to me and the kett seem like revamped collectors that are just doing the same thing the reapers would do only they are way less intimidating. Usually bioware makes a game and there's only one character I hate but I hated the majority of the squad mates in andromeda. Liam was the worst though

But the worst part about the game IMO, is the twin. It felt like they completely forgot about the twin for the whole game, remembered at the end and threw in a gimmick to give your twin a reason for being there. Also the final fight with the archon felt like a watered down re hash of the project overlord DLC from ME2.

i did like unlocking the memories and how they touched on some things from previous ME games like Project Overlord and Nakmor was mentioned in the earlier games as well granted I'm pretty sure they opposed Wrex. They even did the crumb mission on the ship that they did in KoTOR. Finding the other pathfinders was pretty enjoyable as well. There was a lot of untapped potential with the game, I do hope they make a sequel and don't have the same issues they had with the frostbite engine that probably led to a lot of the issues I had with the game.

Comment

• Playing Diablo III, i always meant to play it and always had something else going on. glad to finally have time for it
                          sigpic
                          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Still playing the everloving crap out of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. To make matters sweeter, I got a loot crate from Twitch for being an amazon prime member. I refused to open the crate and held onto it. Today it became tradable and I traded my free loot crate for $50 and basically made back the $29 I paid for PUBG as well as an extra $20 to spend as I please.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Pubg is hot!
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• A humorous video of my squads first week of play together.

I'm the one that has the "John Madden moment" towards the end lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X