What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bronx_2003
    Banned User
    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    God of War is good but it's pretty linear, similar to uncharted 4. Great graphics, gameplay and story though. Witcher 3 takes a while to get good but yeah the mechanics are a little weird.

A Plague Tale: Innocence is a good rpg but it's also pretty linear. Good story though, much like last generation rpg's, just not a large open world. Got Spiderman for cheap and didn't play much of it but it seems good.

Far Cry 5 I haven't played through a lot either but it seems like a good improvement over 4 and good story.

Control is a very interesting game, more of a FPS with RPG elements and it's mission based. It's a little linear but not as much as Uncharted 4, you have options and open up new areas and travel to different parts of this huge building the game takes place in.
    Thanks for the tips.

I'll give Witcher 3 more time but the fighting style is rubbish compared to AC imo, and although I like a challenge and things to be in-depth I think they go too far in the game. For example I'm near the beginning and am facing the ghost (can't remember the proper name) at the well and before I fight her I apparently have to mess around finding tons of ingredients to brew something to fight her with, its just so much effort.

I prefer Unchartered 4, I'm on the first story Drakes gold, its not massively in-depth but its just a fun game to play.

I would love to get a good sports management game but for some reason they never seem to make any, even on Madden it won't let you watch CPU V CPU if you want to treat it as a manager style game.

Comment

• #87Birdman
      The MOD Who Laughs
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      Thanks for the tips.

I'll give Witcher 3 more time but the fighting style is rubbish compared to AC imo, and although I like a challenge and things to be in-depth I think they go too far in the game. For example I'm near the beginning and am facing the ghost (can't remember the proper name) at the well and before I fight her I apparently have to mess around finding tons of ingredients to brew something to fight her with, its just so much effort.

I prefer Unchartered 4, I'm on the first story Drakes gold, its not massively in-depth but its just a fun game to play.

I would love to get a good sports management game but for some reason they never seem to make any, even on Madden it won't let you watch CPU V CPU if you want to treat it as a manager style game.
      For that witch just drop the trap spell which every one that is and you can hit the witch while they are inside it. I only made it so far before I got burnt out on the side missions. Which is my fault for not skipping them and moving on but never know if something good will come from them.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Tony
        All-Pro
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        yea which was OK but not quite the same.

I did everything the game had to offer and got to 100% completion (except the snakes I missed out on in Cuba) because it was too much fun not to lol

I've been looking for games similar to RDR2, AC Origins and Odyssey, but am struggling at the moment. I picked up Unchartered 4 which is pretty decent and Witcher 3 which I kept hearing was awesome but I'm not too keen on the gameplay, it just seems slow and awkward.

I can't wait until AC Valhalla comes out, the trailer was awesome.

Anything you can recommend for the PS4 ? Gods of War ? Spiderman ? I like role play games with an open world if possible which are mission based.
        I can recommend Greedfall. That came out last yr. It's a pretty cool open world rpg kinda similiar to dragon age, if i could make an accurate assement.

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Been playing a TON of Elite Dangerous.

Bottom ship was what I was flying, the top one is what I just upgraded to tonight.
          sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Finished Mario Brothers deluxe on switch a week ago.

Have about 3 worlds left on Kingdom Hearts 3.

Then hopefully finally moving onto Far Cry new Dawn.
            sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Finished Mario Brothers deluxe on switch a week ago.

Have about 3 worlds left on Kingdom Hearts 3.

Then hopefully finally moving onto Far Cry new Dawn.
              I loved Kingdom Hearts 3, i know I'm in the minority there. I keep hoping they'll release Final Fantasy X and X-2 remastered soon. It's supposed to be on gamepass sometime this year (and I'm assuming will more importantly be on PC gamepass) but it hasn't hit yet.
              sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                The MOD Who Laughs
                • Apr 2011

Ubisoft had their ubisoft forward and showed off watch dogs legion, assassins creed Valhalla and far cry 6 which were the big things shown off. Watch dogs and assassins creed both look interesting as they had gameplay but they are going to be dropping in the same time frame as cyberpunk and halo... decisions decisions coming up.

Finished far cry 5 and did a little of far cry new dawn. Plus finished kingdom hearts final remix plus somehow made it through chains of memory twice for both story lines. And now a good chunk through 2.5.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I loved Kingdom Hearts 3, i know I'm in the minority there. I keep hoping they'll release Final Fantasy X and X-2 remastered soon. It's supposed to be on gamepass sometime this year (and I'm assuming will more importantly be on PC gamepass) but it hasn't hit yet.
                  It’s a fun story but the gameplay seems to be a huge button masher. My boys love watching though. I get to play and they get to watch their favorite Disney characters. It’s like free tv time for them.

I went to arendelle before Monstropolis so i was not leveled up enough and that world ended up providing the hardest challenge get to get through. That was actually kind of fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

• dipablo
                    Protector of the Realm
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    It’s a fun story but the gameplay seems to be a huge button masher. My boys love watching though. I get to play and they get to watch their favorite Disney characters. It’s like free tv time for them.

I went to arendelle before Monstropolis so i was not leveled up enough and that world ended up providing the hardest challenge get to get through. That was actually kind of fun.
                    I felt the same, story was great, but i hated the overall game play.

I am replaying Horizon Zero Dawn to be ready for the sequel. Will move to Avengers in September and Cyberpunk in November
                    Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• Freyaka
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2007

I'm just over here waiting for Microsoft flight sim 2020
                      sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                        The MOD Who Laughs
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        I'm just over here waiting for Microsoft flight sim 2020
                        That game does look amazing and I've seen so many gifs of the game it just blows my mind. When it makes it to xbox hopefully it has a control scheme that works with controllers because I want to try it to see some beautiful vistas... and to see hope close I can get to my house and see how accurate it is. Will most likely crash it into my neighborhood in the process lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

Comment

• roushmartin6
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2007

Been a long time since I checked in. Last of us 2, Nascar heat 5, f1 2020, call of duty warzone
                          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Houshmazode
                            The Mountaineer
                            • Sep 2006

Picked up Ghost of Tsushima and played through the prologue and the first mission. The stealth / movement / fighting systems seem to be very solid. I like it a lot so far.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
                              Football Immortal
                              • Nov 2005

Finally started Far Cry Nee Dawn last night. Beautiful game on the Xbox one x compared to 5 on the Xbox one but the people speaking seems very glitchy and out of sync.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jan 2007

Gonna play a bit of Grounded tonight and then try the new update for Red Dead Redemption tomorrow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X