Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S h o O o b i e
    replied
    Who’s getting Madden23? Looks sick!!!

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLDaBGdnLc

The Sequel to Jedi Fallen Order trailer dropped today.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Yes, not a partner, I'm an affiliate. So I get 50% of the revenue my stream generates from viewers. Partners get 70% My revenue is dependent on the disposable income of others. So if someone subscribes which is 5$ I get 2.50 of that. I get half on bits. If someone gives 100 bits which is basically a tip, 100 bits is equal to 1 dollar. Donations are the only revenue that streamers don't split with Amazon/Twitch.

As a growing channel I don't generate enough revenue to say the money I make currently is a lot. But the money I do get from it and money I get from baby sitting here and there is how I pay for my hobbies and necessities.
    Nice. I kind of envy that lifestyle but also not sure I can say I wouldn’t get burned out from playing as much as you do. Sometimes I can get hooked on a game and go 4-5 hours straight. Others I go 90ish minutes and feel like doing something else like tv or other activities.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Do you make money off the twitch streaming?
    Yes, not a partner, I'm an affiliate. So I get 50% of the revenue my stream generates from viewers. Partners get 70% My revenue is dependent on the disposable income of others. So if someone subscribes which is 5$ I get 2.50 of that. I get half on bits. If someone gives 100 bits which is basically a tip, 100 bits is equal to 1 dollar. Donations are the only revenue that streamers don't split with Amazon/Twitch.

As a growing channel I don't generate enough revenue to say the money I make currently is a lot. But the money I do get from it and money I get from baby sitting here and there is how I pay for my hobbies and necessities.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

I dont have a life. lol
    I'm usually gaming 8hrs a day. Mon thru Thursday 4 of those 8hrs is me live streaming on twitch. When I was playing KOTR,KOTR 2, Jedi Fallen Order, and Revenge of the Sith those were only played when I was streaming. Didn't play them much off stream. When it comes to like MLB the show, I'll play one game of franchise mode just to keep up with the Tigers schedule then turn it off. I might play 30mins or an hour of road to the show if Tigers didn't play. For Halo usually only play on weekends. Battlefield haven't played since November or December. Just considering going back.
    Old Republic usually play on weekends, might play for an hour or 2 after live stream. Weekends I'll game for 10hrs if there is nothing I need to be doing.

So my time management just comes from me not having a life and not having an actual job. I'm either doing archery, playing guitar, playing video games or just watching Youtube.
    If I'm playing a singleplayer game I only play that one game until I beat it and then I move on immediately to the next game I wanna beat.
    Do you make money off the twitch streaming?

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Yeah, that's me, though I do struggle to accept/realize when I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be, like I did with this game. Then when it's too easy, I'll repeatedly get confused about whether I'm doing better because I got the hang of it/leveled up, or if it's just cause it's too easy. The gameplay did seem to get much easier when all powers were unlocked and all, but at the same time, My Xbox One X couldn't handle some of the scenes very well with lots of enemies, so doing them twice would have sucked pretty bad.

Finished yesterday. Great game.

Haven't decided yet what to play next. Middle Earth Shadow of War is back on Gamepass, so maybe that. Wish Witcher 3 would show back up. I own both of those on Steam, but would rather play on Xbox. Oh, also downloaded NHL 2022. Probably play a bit of that while the playoffs are on.

Out of curiosity.... how do you approach playing so many games at the same time? I struggle with playing two at the same time.

Although that reminds me. I'm also occasionally putting in 5-10 minutes or a couple of levels on another game. 'Hue'. It was one of the games with gold, and it finished downloading before I finished claiming the others, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's a unique platformer with an interesting story potentially. I'm intrigued and enjoying it in small doses as a decent palette cleanser/warm up/change of pace. Maybe I should be doing that with more smaller games. There's just so many AAA games from over the years that I've wanted to play and am just now getting around to.
    I dont have a life. lol
    I'm usually gaming 8hrs a day. Mon thru Thursday 4 of those 8hrs is me live streaming on twitch. When I was playing KOTR,KOTR 2, Jedi Fallen Order, and Revenge of the Sith those were only played when I was streaming. Didn't play them much off stream. When it comes to like MLB the show, I'll play one game of franchise mode just to keep up with the Tigers schedule then turn it off. I might play 30mins or an hour of road to the show if Tigers didn't play. For Halo usually only play on weekends. Battlefield haven't played since November or December. Just considering going back.
    Old Republic usually play on weekends, might play for an hour or 2 after live stream. Weekends I'll game for 10hrs if there is nothing I need to be doing.

So my time management just comes from me not having a life and not having an actual job. I'm either doing archery, playing guitar, playing video games or just watching Youtube.
    If I'm playing a singleplayer game I only play that one game until I beat it and then I move on immediately to the next game I wanna beat.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

Yeah sometimes easy is very corny but to me video games aren’t supposed to upset/stress me. That’s what my day job is for. To me video games are an escape and if I’m grinding and not enjoying it because I keep dying then what’s the point? I’m in it for a good story similar to a movie but want to be interactive with it. I usually always try to do games on normal but if I start to struggle too much I have no qualms about lowering it so I can advance.
    Yeah, that's me, though I do struggle to accept/realize when I'm not enjoying it as much as I should be, like I did with this game. Then when it's too easy, I'll repeatedly get confused about whether I'm doing better because I got the hang of it/leveled up, or if it's just cause it's too easy. The gameplay did seem to get much easier when all powers were unlocked and all, but at the same time, My Xbox One X couldn't handle some of the scenes very well with lots of enemies, so doing them twice would have sucked pretty bad.

Finished yesterday. Great game.

Haven't decided yet what to play next. Middle Earth Shadow of War is back on Gamepass, so maybe that. Wish Witcher 3 would show back up. I own both of those on Steam, but would rather play on Xbox. Oh, also downloaded NHL 2022. Probably play a bit of that while the playoffs are on.

For Star Wars month I've been mostly playing Star Wars games.
    Beat KOTR, KOTR2, Revenge of the Sith so far as some retro Star Wars to enjoy this month, than beat Jedi Fallen Order once more.
    Also been playing the Old Republic.

On the side though been playing MLBTheShow and sparingly Destiny 2 and Halo Infinite. Once I feel like I'm finished with playing Star Wars for the month aka fatigue of Star Wars sets in, I'll probably be mostly playing Halo and Battlefield.
    Out of curiosity.... how do you approach playing so many games at the same time? I struggle with playing two at the same time.

Although that reminds me. I'm also occasionally putting in 5-10 minutes or a couple of levels on another game. 'Hue'. It was one of the games with gold, and it finished downloading before I finished claiming the others, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It's a unique platformer with an interesting story potentially. I'm intrigued and enjoying it in small doses as a decent palette cleanser/warm up/change of pace. Maybe I should be doing that with more smaller games. There's just so many AAA games from over the years that I've wanted to play and am just now getting around to.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    For Star Wars month I've been mostly playing Star Wars games.
    Beat KOTR, KOTR2, Revenge of the Sith so far as some retro Star Wars to enjoy this month, than beat Jedi Fallen Order once more.
    Also been playing the Old Republic.

On the side though been playing MLBTheShow and sparingly Destiny 2 and Halo Infinite. Once I feel like I'm finished with playing Star Wars for the month aka fatigue of Star Wars sets in, I'll probably be mostly playing Halo and Battlefield.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

I felt a bit sheepish yesterday for saying this. Like many games, I think there needs to be something between Story mode and Normal mode difficulties. I love that they call them Story modes often now and I use it depending, usually with no shame. I did it for a while when I was getting used to Horizon Zero Dawn, but later turned it up. The easy is a bit too easy.

I feel much better now that I know it's not just me though.
    Yeah sometimes easy is very corny but to me video games aren’t supposed to upset/stress me. That’s what my day job is for. To me video games are an escape and if I’m grinding and not enjoying it because I keep dying then what’s the point? I’m in it for a good story similar to a movie but want to be interactive with it. I usually always try to do games on normal but if I start to struggle too much I have no qualms about lowering it so I can advance.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied

That’s exactly how I’m pacing through Gaurdians. It’s a solid story and I was doing normal for awhile but it got a bit difficult. Dropped down so I could finish it up and move on to something else.
    I felt a bit sheepish yesterday for saying this. Like many games, I think there needs to be something between Story mode and Normal mode difficulties. I love that they call them Story modes often now and I use it depending, usually with no shame. I did it for a while when I was getting used to Horizon Zero Dawn, but later turned it up. The easy is a bit too easy.

I feel much better now that I know it's not just me though.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    So I finished Red Dead 1. Didn't finish the undead nightmare expansion. Got probably about half way through it and was starting to get some Red Dead fatigue after playing 2 then 1 back to back (but what a ride!), plus it started freezing more often than not when I tried to save... which was... problematic. Not generally into zombie type stuff anyway, but made an exception for this one. Enjoyed what I played of it, but it got pretty repetitive. I may look to watch the rest of the cinematics sometime, though I'll probably never get around to it.

Played a bit of The Force Unleashed for a bit... that game still holds up for me. What fun.

Now I'm primarily into Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a lot of fun, but I struggle with the gameplay style a bit. It's good and enjoyable, but 'Normal' is a bit too hard for me sometimes, so I had to turn it down. I hate to admit that on a public forum, but sometimes I just want to kick ass. If the gameplay itself isn't a major driver of my enjoyment (Story is my biggest factor usually), I'll often tune it down because I don't feel like mastering the mechanics. I have too many games I want to get to. I get to play in 30-60 minute sessions a lot of the time. Oh well.

I was dying a fair amount, and I could always get through those areas in a second or third try, but it was becoming a bit too repetitive constantly doing so, especially with the load time.

This morning I went to play and my save was corrupted. After it told me that, it took away my 'continue' option, and I was given the option of selecting the previous chapter, or starting a new game. Fortunately, I found that going to load game, it was able to load me up where it should have anyway.

Oh well.

Think I'll go play a bit in a few, actually.
    That’s exactly how I’m pacing through Gaurdians. It’s a solid story and I was doing normal for awhile but it got a bit difficult. Dropped down so I could finish it up and move on to something else.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    So I finished Red Dead 1. Didn't finish the undead nightmare expansion. Got probably about half way through it and was starting to get some Red Dead fatigue after playing 2 then 1 back to back (but what a ride!), plus it started freezing more often than not when I tried to save... which was... problematic. Not generally into zombie type stuff anyway, but made an exception for this one. Enjoyed what I played of it, but it got pretty repetitive. I may look to watch the rest of the cinematics sometime, though I'll probably never get around to it.

Played a bit of The Force Unleashed for a bit... that game still holds up for me. What fun.

Now I'm primarily into Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a lot of fun, but I struggle with the gameplay style a bit. It's good and enjoyable, but 'Normal' is a bit too hard for me sometimes, so I had to turn it down. I hate to admit that on a public forum, but sometimes I just want to kick ass. If the gameplay itself isn't a major driver of my enjoyment (Story is my biggest factor usually), I'll often tune it down because I don't feel like mastering the mechanics. I have too many games I want to get to. I get to play in 30-60 minute sessions a lot of the time. Oh well.

I was dying a fair amount, and I could always get through those areas in a second or third try, but it was becoming a bit too repetitive constantly doing so, especially with the load time.

This morning I went to play and my save was corrupted. After it told me that, it took away my 'continue' option, and I was given the option of selecting the previous chapter, or starting a new game. Fortunately, I found that going to load game, it was able to load me up where it should have anyway.

Oh well.

Think I'll go play a bit in a few, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Since the update I hopped back into Battlefield 2042. I'm also playing my kids' Horizon Forbidden West

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Since warzone is full of hackers again my crew has been playing back 4 blood. I've also been playing battlefield 2042 and grab Turismo 7. Gonna get back into fallout 76 soon too

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Started Gaurdians of the Galaxy. Pretty fun so far. Can tell it’s a bit more polished of an action RPG than Avengers.
    Would say the big difference is one is a real action RPG and the other is a live service RPG. Live service is ruining a lot of games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X