Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy Metal Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hmm tough question...

    Pantera- Great Southern Trendkill (This is one of the albums that got me into metal)
    Slipknot- Iowa To me this album really showed that "new school" metal could exist and be awesome.
    In Flames- Reroute to Remain Always just been my favorite In Flames album and they are one of my top 5 fav. bands
    Gojira- L'enfant Sauvage (This album is amazing)
    Metallica- Ride the Lightning/And Justice for all these are 1a and 1b for me with regards to their albums.
    Children of Bodom- Follow the Reaper literally melts my face.
    Opeth- Blackwater Park I love Opeth this to me is where they hit their peak.
    Arch Enemy- Anthems of Rebellion My first introduction to a female metal singer...so amazing.
    Five Finger Death Punch- The Way of the Fist (I know a lot of "true metal fans" hate FFDP but I have been a fan of them forever. The first show of theirs I saw cost me $7 and was one of the best shows I had ever seen) Love the pits for these guys.
    AC/DC- Back in Black (I will be honest I have always thought of AC/DC as hard rock given my age but for the era that this album was released it was considered metal...and I absolutely love this album so I am going with the "metal for its time attitude)
    Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 10-08-2013, 04:18 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
      Hmm tough question...

      Pantera- Great Southern Trendkill (This is one of the albums that got me into metal)
      Slipknot- Iowa To me this album really showed that "new school" metal could exist and be awesome.
      In Flames- Reroute to Remain Always just been my favorite In Flames album and they are one of my top 5 fav. bands
      Gojira- L'enfant Sauvage (This album is amazing)
      Metallica- Ride the Lightning/And Justice for all these are 1a and 1b for me with regards to their albums.
      Children of Bodom- Follow the Reaper literally melts my face.
      Opeth- Blackwater Park I love Opeth this to me is where they hit their peak.
      Arch Enemy- Anthems of Rebellion My first introduction to a female metal singer...so amazing.
      Five Finger Death Punch- The Way of the Fist (I know a lot of "true metal fans" hate FFDP but I have been a fan of them forever. The first show of theirs I saw cost me $7 and was one of the best shows I had ever seen) Love the pits for these guys.
      AC/DC- Back in Black (I will be honest I have always thought of AC/DC as hard rock given my age but for the era that this album was released it was considered metal...and I absolutely love this album so I am going with the "metal for its time attitude)
      Nice list & yes i never really considered AC/DC metal either great band though. I wanted to put Zepplin on my list but i really don't consider them metal either. I really need to get this new Gojira everyone is praising it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Not much of a metal fan anymore, but here are my 10-favorites I actually own.

        Marilyn Manson-- Antichrist Superstar
        Static-X-- Cannibal
        White Zombie-- Astro Creep 2000
        Pantera-- Reinventing the Steel
        COC-- Deliverance
        The Very Best of Motorhead
        Pig Destroyer-- Prowler in the Yard
        Megadeth-- Capitol Punishment
        Slayer-- Diabolus in Musica
        Metallica-- Master of Puppets

        Honorable Mention-- Prong

        These all had dust on them.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Baph and I were talking about Opeth and Meshuggah one day, so I went back and listened to some of Opeth's old stuff I hadn't really payed attention to. Still Life is probably one of my favorite albums now. Go figure.
          that's funny cuz i started listening to Meshuggah a little bit too

          still not a huge fan though, idk why. i am sure its just an acquired taste, a lot like opeth.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ime&highlight=

            check out that thread if anyone is interested, top 20 metal bands of all time.

            i don't know what my top 10 albums of all time would be, it depends on the criteria. i can list my top 10 favorite ones but that changes quite often lol
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              ...And Justice for All - Metallica
              Arise - Sepultura
              Ashes of the Wake - Lamb of God
              Demanufacture - Fear Factory
              Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
              Dead Heart in a Dead World - Nevermore
              Rust in Peace - Megadeth
              Chaosphere - Meshuggah
              Unto the Locust - Machine Head
              Still Life - Opeth

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                ...And Justice for All - Metallica
                Arise - Sepultura
                Ashes of the Wake - Lamb of God
                Demanufacture - Fear Factory
                Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
                Dead Heart in a Dead World - Nevermore
                Rust in Peace - Megadeth
                Chaosphere - Meshuggah
                Unto the Locust - Machine Head
                Still Life - Opeth
                Arise how could i forget about that record & Machine Head makes me want to change my list i forgot about the Blackening also. Good list.

                Comment


                • #23





                  In no order, my list changes often too:
                  Down - NOLA
                  Metallica - ...And Justice For All
                  CoC - Deliverance
                  Avenged Sevenfold - City Of Evil
                  Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies
                  Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
                  Tool - Aenema
                  Testament - The Formation of Damnation
                  Black Sabbath - Paranoid
                  All That Remains - Overcome


                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post





                    In no order, my list changes often too:
                    Down - NOLA
                    Metallica - ...And Justice For All
                    CoC - Deliverance
                    Avenged Sevenfold - City Of Evil
                    Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies
                    Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
                    Tool - Aenema
                    Testament - The Formation of Damnation
                    Black Sabbath - Paranoid
                    All That Remains - Overcome


                    Great list, Formation Of Damnation is my favorite Testament record & lol ain't it sad where Metallica was & now is? Thats why i love Pantera From Cowboys they did the opposite & got heavier with every record.... Unfortunately there is no more Pantera.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Keep this thread alive!!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Some of my favorite covers:

                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                                ol ain't it sad where Metallica was & now is?
                                It's a travesty really. I was such a huge fan of them for the longest time then they had the whole Napster lawsuit which I didn't like but understood. Now however, they are just a shameless promotion machine. I saw an ad for Metallica Monopoly...are you kidding me... to me Metallica died in 1991 and what we have now is a corporations idea of what is "popular" in rock/metal music today.

                                Also to keep up the vid posts here is the title track off the latest Gojira album....so amazing.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X